• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid Packers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It looks like I jumped the gun. The map was changed this afternoon and I get to watch the Niners!!!

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hell yeah!! Another week of getting the skins game ..just like every other week of the season..

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really that strange to see why the broadcast schedule is the way it is... The Niners and Lions are traditionally weak. Eventhough the Lions are a preseason cinderella candidate, the Niners are a preseason cellar dweller team... The Packs are the defending SB champs while the Rams are preseason favorites to win the NFC West... So when the schedule came out, the broadcast schedule will favor the Pack vs Rams... same is true for the Phil vs Wash game.... Now the question will be, can they change the broadcast schedule, not only for this week but for the entire season?...

1). Detroit was an appealing pick all last season, because they were explosive on offense, and aggressive on defense.

2). The Cards were the media darlings to win the NFCW because of the Kolb trade. Virtually every single East Coast media hack picked the Cards (sadly, I thought the same thing; happily, I'm glad to admit I was dead wrong to date) to win the West.

3). Obviously the Pack is an appealing sell because they're the champs, their bandwagon is huge right now, and they're one of the more exciting teams in the league to watch. Rodgers, who is clearly an elite QB is EASILY playing better than any other QB in the league, whether or not he is the best QB in the league. I get that...

4). But even if the Rams were the preseason favorites in the NFCW, this was still a terrible pick for the game of the week. This was going to be a blowout, despite how the Rams have turned out this year. Last year they were a dink and dunk offense that managed to scrape by in the worst division in the league, and still had a losing record. Nothing at all stands out about this team from a national viewing standpoint.

5). Washington preseason was starting Rex Grossman, and looking to draft Luck.

6). If the networks are airing games based on who they thought was going to be good 8 months ago, instead of who is actually playing good right now, then they need to have their programming directors replaced.

I don't know, man. Seems like spurious reasoning to me. Unless you're a Packers' fan there's no way a 4-1 team facing a 5-0 team isn't the game of the week. The rest of that schedule is garbage. Houston v. Baltimore was intriguing before AJ and Mario were injured. But irrelevant as that's a CBS game. New Orleans/TB could have been good too. Until the 9ers utterly dismantled the Buccs.

Whatever. I don't care. I'm part of the viewing audience for a nationally televised game that the 9ers are playing against an opponent that isn't Denver or Dallas. Yay me.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The map changed mostly everyone is watching the niner game exspecially on the west sideof the map

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take credit for the Los Angeles area switching to the 49ers / Lions game

I sent FOX LA an email and asked them to change it because it should be more exciting than the Eagles / Redskins.

:)

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like all was needed was time for the broadcasters to switch ... The funny thing though, ESPN seems to be behind the trends... The Top story they have at the moment is the Philly vs Washington game... They are billing it as a grudge match lol...

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm going to take credit for the Los Angeles area switching to the 49ers / Lions game

I sent FOX LA an email and asked them to change it because it should be more exciting than the Eagles / Redskins.

I wish I could convince Texas. :(
Eagles Redskins....whatever

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in Texas as well and I just assumed all week I was getting the Redskins vs Eagles since both teams are bitter rivals to the Cowgirls. I'm sure most everyone here would rather watch a good football game like the Lions vs 49ers, but local broadcast usually always show teams from the local division.

Who needs real football when you've got the melodrama that is...
The Little Red Fire Engines vs The Philly Nightmare only on your local FOX station.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right now, I am suspecting that FOX is wishing that it was flex time already that way, they could change the Niners vs Lions game to a later time

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I am suspecting that FOX is wishing that it was flex time already that way, they could change the Niners vs Lions game to a later time

Their late game is patriots vs. Cowboys. Do you mean NBC's flex scheduling?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I think a lot of people besides yourself did also since their is a thread on it in the ************ forums where people said they emailed Fox 11.

After years of NFC East abuse I was going to email them myself but thought why bother wasting my time and it's not likely to change anything but I'm glad I was wrong.

According to one guy on the webzone forums he got an email back that Fox 11 will be requesting 49ers as their first choice from now on so hopefully that's accurate and the 49ers vs Detroit won't be the last 49er game this year.

Since the 9ers are actually good again I don't see any reason for Fox 11 to not show them in LA far more often than they have been.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you cant afford the package or wont get them on tv, then Bars/restaurants are your best friend on sundays.