• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they do an MRI after the TIA? After the Bells Palsy incident?
Had an MRI in 2005 after the TIA. Took about six hours, but I got 97% full function and was able to walk out of the ER on my own.

I have third generation TVAR heart valve now and cannot have an MRI.

Had a cat scan after the Bells last week. Nothing. Nerve was either pinched, compressed or something else. They could never determine what caused it in my mother, don't think they're sure what happened to me.

Now that I'm off the Prednisone, at least I can get to sleep and stay asleep.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had an MRI in 2005 after the TIA. Took about six hours, but I got 97% full function and was able to walk out of the ER on my own.

I have third generation TVAR heart valve now and cannot have an MRI.

Had a cat scan after the Bells last week. Nothing. Nerve was either pinched, compressed or something else. They could never determine what caused it in my mother, don't think they're sure what happened to me.

Now that I'm off the Prednisone, at least I can get to sleep and stay asleep.
My mother in law had a TIA a couple of weeks ago. They waited 5 days for the MRI which of course showed nothing by then.
They did say there is a brain in there but I want more proof than that.
She is not processing words well. When you say am eight word sentence to her, she responds with , "what?"
If you say it back slowly to her, she'll process 4 words only. Repeat again and she'll remember only the other 4 words.
It is almost fruitless to say 8 word sentences to her. She says, "I'm not understanding all those words you're saying"

My mother eventually died from something else after having several TIA's Dementia had settled in on her.
Other (smoker) family members allowed her to start smoking again. They said she at least could enjoy that! Idiots!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other (smoker) family members allowed her to start smoking again. They said she at least could enjoy that! Idiots!
Some people can only see short term gratification without seeing the potential of builder longer term happiness. The (smoker) family feels happiness from each smoke an believed they were passing happiness to your mom.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people can only see short term gratification without seeing the potential of builder longer term happiness. The (smoker) family feels happiness from each smoke an believed they were passing happiness to your mom in law.
FIFY...FWIW...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people can only see short term gratification without seeing the potential of builder longer term happiness. The (smoker) family feels happiness from each smoke an believed they were passing happiness to your mom.
And they killed her.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So WTF does Belichick have to do with this crap?
Writer uses Belichick's name to post this article on Patriots Maven.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was super stoked that the Pats were playing in Vegas this year. Already convinced the wifey we'd take a road trip with our 8 year old(he's really getting into sports now) and make an awesome weekend of it.

And then I clicked on the ticket prices. Over 1,000 bucks for three people in the nose bleed section. Plus hotel and food and all the other shit. Jesus H. Reconsidering if it's worth it.

Worth it?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was super stoked that the Pats were playing in Vegas this year. Already convinced the wifey we'd take a road trip with our 8 year old(he's really getting into sports now) and make an awesome weekend of it.

And then I clicked on the ticket prices. Over 1,000 bucks for three people in the nose bleed section. Plus hotel and food and all the other shit. Jesus H. Reconsidering if it's worth it.

Worth it?
It's not.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worth it?
Nope, save the money for gas & utilities

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, save the money for gas & utilities
LOL I just converted the house to natural gas not long ago and now of course natural gas prices are on the rise. Oyyyyyy I suspect it's still less that full on electric though. And now my Governor is stripping away a solar incentive that may be problamatic down the road

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I just converted the house to natural gas not long ago and now of course natural gas prices are on the rise. Oyyyyyy I suspect it's still less that full on electric though. And now my Governor is stripping away a solar incentive that may be problamatic down the road

Dude, I sold my house in MA in September and it uses oil for heat. I had left it vacant for three years and simply paid the taxes and utilities and finally decided we're never moving back to MA so I sold it.

The guy I sold it to is a good friend and we talk often and he said the oil bill is nuts.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full on electricity using a heat pump is supposed to be pretty cheap. Installation has a cost, but lots of subsidies out there to help.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So WTF does Belichick have to do with this crap?
Writer uses Belichick's name to post this article on Patriots Maven.

My favorite line: But in picking a fight with Fisher and Sanders, he's now in a brouhaha with coaches not afraid to take the gloves off.

Shooting your mouth off does not mean taking the gloves off... I just remember Dion and when it came to tackling, he always left his gloves on, then put his track shoes on so he could run as far away as possible.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I sold my house in MA in September and it uses oil for heat. I had left it vacant for three years and simply paid the taxes and utilities and finally decided we're never moving back to MA so I sold it.

The guy I sold it to is a good friend and we talk often and he said the oil bill is nuts.
Yeah Oil is a lot more than natural gas, a lot

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full on electricity using a heat pump is supposed to be pretty cheap. Installation has a cost, but lots of subsidies out there to help.
It's not cheap. And when you had an old school electric water heater, electric range and electric clothes dryer it's costly

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my cat lady sister passed I took out the mini split system that came from elder services.
We let the bank take the house but I got that. No I didn't rip out the copper.
They are easy to install so I did that and a friend of my kids charged it.
New lines $50, recharge $100 winning

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my cat lady sister passed I took out the mini split system that came from elder services.
We let the bank take the house but I got that. No I didn't rip out the copper.
They are easy to install so I did that and a friend of my kids charged it.
New lines $50, recharge $100 winning
I assume it's not an R22 system