• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was joking. Stid sucks balls. Carr will flourish in Josh's system IMO.
I don't know Carr will be 32 next year not saying the end is near but the Raiders might feel it is. Also not sure Josh didn't something in Stid that BB did not. You cannot say Stid sucks you never saw enough of him to make that assesment

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past two days have sucked driving my wife's car.

Yesterday I hit a hidden pothole (Which was filled this morning) blew a tire on her 2017 Ford escape. Replacement tire cost me $175.

Today, driving home from the VA and as I'm cruising at 30 MPH through an intersection, a 75 year old women T-Bones me on the passenger side dead center.

Police show up and the officer says, "What happened?" I explain and he says, "She says you went through a red light." I smile and say, "Let me point out a couple things. If I went through a red light, what are the chances that both passenger side doors would be impacted? Second, The woman had a handicapped placard hanging in the window, which probably obstructed her view of the light since she's about 5'1" tall. Third, observe her right leg. She can barely walk on it, which means that she must have a difficult time going from the gas to the brake. Finally, do you honestly believe that she would admit that she missed the light and could not not get to the brake fast enough to stop?" He smiled and said, "The insurance company will determine who is at fault."

Then she tells me that the car she's driving is a rental from Enterprise because her car is being repaired because her mud flaps were knocked off in an accident. My response? "I hope you make it home. Please drive carefully." Her response? "I don't think I should be driving." YOU THINK??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yesterday I hit a hidden pothole (Which was filled this morning) blew a tire on her 2017 Ford escape. Replacement tire cost me $175.

Today, driving home from the VA and as I'm cruising at 30 MPH through an intersection, a 75 year old women T-Bones me on the passenger side dead center.

Police show up and the officer says, "What happened?" I explain and he says, "She says you went through a red light." I smile and say, "Let me point out a couple things. If I went through a red light, what are the chances that both passenger side doors would be impacted? Second, The woman had a handicapped placard hanging in the window, which probably obstructed her view of the light since she's about 5'1" tall. Third, observe her right leg. She can barely walk on it, which means that she must have a difficult time going from the gas to the brake. Finally, do you honestly believe that she would admit that she missed the light and could not not get to the brake fast enough to stop?" He smiled and said, "The insurance company will determine who is at fault."

Then she tells me that the car she's driving is a rental from Enterprise because her car is being repaired because her mud flaps were knocked off in an accident. My response? "I hope you make it home. Please drive carefully." Her response? "I don't think I should be driving." YOU THINK??
And I would be surprised if there is not a camera there. Did you get the police report for insurance?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took mymother in law's keys away from her when she gave me a ride one day. She was driving on the wrong side of the street doing 40 in a residential neighborhood with a lot of kids. When I complained I said, what if a kid on a bicycle were to nbe riding through there?
She responded with, "I have insurance" I asked her how she would feel if a child were killed, She responded, "it would be an accident soo why should it bother me?" I used to think old ladies were nice. Not so much any more. She is a retired school teacher. You ought to here her explanation of why abortion is just fine. "What are they supposed to do? Let all the little children starve?"
I said, "so you just figure it would be better to just kill them all?"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would be surprised if there is not a camera there. Did you get the police report for insurance?
Manchester, NH ain't big on CCTV. Manchester, NH cops no longer make out "Accident Reports", they fill out an "Accident Courtesy Form" which is just a copy of license and registration stuff and each driver gets a copy. I got the yellow one with blue imprint. The woman got the bottom copy, pink with blue writing.

Car was in the body shop three hours after the accident and the Progressive claims guy will take pictures and write a check on Monday or Tuesday. Just hoping the two doors are available and the shop can get them on and painted before the end of the day on the 27th. That begins the long Memorial Day weekend and the shop which is normally open on Saturday will be closed from Friday afternoon until Tuesday morning. Otherwise the wife will be taking a flight back to get it and drive back to Florida. I already told her that the truck drive down is my last long drive. I'd sell the friggin' thing, but I'd take a beating on it because I'd have to sell it as is, where is. Being in a body shop isn't the best "where is."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manchester, NH ain't big on CCTV. Manchester, NH cops no longer make out "Accident Reports", they fill out an "Accident Courtesy Form" which is just a copy of license and registration stuff and each driver gets a copy. I got the yellow one with blue imprint. The woman got the bottom copy, pink with blue writing.

Car was in the body shop three hours after the accident and the Progressive claims guy will take pictures and write a check on Monday or Tuesday. Just hoping the two doors are available and the shop can get them on and painted before the end of the day on the 27th. That begins the long Memorial Day weekend and the shop which is normally open on Saturday will be closed from Friday afternoon until Tuesday morning. Otherwise the wife will be taking a flight back to get it and drive back to Florida. I already told her that the truck drive down is my last long drive. I'd sell the friggin' thing, but I'd take a beating on it because I'd have to sell it as is, where is. Being in a body shop isn't the best "where is."
You can ship the car for under $800. Might be more now because of fuel.
Put it out for bid now because there is a lag time. Be prepared to not have it for a few days?
No flight = less $$$$$$
No Gas = less $$$$$$$
Get a bid. Think about it later......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BK.
BulletproofKen.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took mymother in law's keys away from her when she gave me a ride one day. She was driving on the wrong side of the street doing 40 in a residential neighborhood with a lot of kids. When I complained I said, what if a kid on a bicycle were to nbe riding through there?
She responded with, "I have insurance" I asked her how she would feel if a child were killed, She responded, "it would be an accident soo why should it bother me?" I used to think old ladies were nice. Not so much any more. She is a retired school teacher. You ought to here her explanation of why abortion is just fine. "What are they supposed to do? Let all the little children starve?"
I said, "so you just figure it would be better to just kill them all?"
Actually, she was probably one of the good teachers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston media has very little to bitch about, so they've decided to create a little shit storm. Tommy Curran decided to poke the bear with a stick and now has gotten the rest of the bored football experts asking the same question. "Will the no title coaching staff hurt this team going forward?" Only one unidentified player spoke. "I sure in hell know who my position coach is. No further comment."

These people need to find a second job in the off season.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston media has very little to bitch about, so they've decided to create a little shit storm. Tommy Curran decided to poke the bear with a stick and now has gotten the rest of the bored football experts asking the same question. "Will the no title coaching staff hurt this team going forward?" Only one unidentified player spoke. "I sure in hell know who my position coach is. No further comment."

These people need to find a second job in the off season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all know that I started dieting in Feb. of 2021 and busted my nutz to lose nearly 60 pounds. With all of the stress, aggravation, running around and just plain bullshit over the past ten days, pounds are melting off. I had put ten pounds on during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and had taken off four. I've lost eleven pounds in the past ten days.

I'm going for blood tests this morning and hopefully it's the screwed up eating schedules, excess exercise and an adrenalin increased metabolism and not some medical condition. I had a episode of Bells Palsy last week and can't smile or move the right ide of my face. I'm not bitchin', I had a TIA in 2005 and lost the entire right side of my body with that stroke.

Not complaining, just venting. I'm getting too old to keep doing things that were simple twenty five years ago.

What a difference a quarter century makes.

Thanks for listening.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all know that I started dieting in Feb. of 2021 and busted my nutz to lose nearly 60 pounds. With all of the stress, aggravation, running around and just plain bullshit over the past ten days, pounds are melting off. I had put ten pounds on during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and had taken off four. I've lost eleven pounds in the past ten days.

I'm going for blood tests this morning and hopefully it's the screwed up eating schedules, excess exercise and an adrenalin increased metabolism and not some medical condition. I had a episode of Bells Palsy last week and can't smile or move the right ide of my face. I'm not bitchin', I had a TIA in 2005 and lost the entire right side of my body with that stroke.

Not complaining, just venting. I'm getting too old to keep doing things that were simple twenty five years ago.

Thanks for listening.
A TIA is a Temporary Ischemic Attack. If the results were permanent, it was not a TIA.
Are you seeing the same doctor? Is he aware of this history?
Did they do an MRI after the TIA? After the Bells Palsy incident?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for listening.
I hope you recover fast and have another 50 years left Ken.