• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I coached and officiated basketball for 33 years. I quit when I could no longer keep up with the players. Of course we generally had two officials, moving back and forth in the fore court and then the back court. I never made calls inside the three from back court unless it was so obvious and the other ref view was obstructed.

Giannis has been allowed to bump, lower his shoulder and plow into a defender for the past several years. Because he was MVP last year, he gets away with a ton of shit play now. The only way to keep him from doing what he does, is for another 7' 275 big man to take the first bump and then drop his shoulder drive himself into Giannis chest. The Freak will only do it once and quit because he's whiner. He got called for the move three times in game two and he and the coach looked like little crybabies.

With game 3 being the opener in Milwaukee, Giannis got the calls his way. My guess is that the Celtics will get more defensive and the calls will even out. 2-2 with game 5 in Boston. I think the C's will upset the Bucks and take game 7 in Boston.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the Celtics yesterday. Late in the game Giannis is one-on-one against Grant Williams in the post. He slams into Williams twice to create space and spins and hits a short short. Hubie Brown is commenting after the initial hit in an offended tone "Oh-oh" then continues with the second hit "woh-woh-WOH". Then during the next play "you can't allow someone to slam into a defender with established position".

Why is that so obvious to Hubie Brown but not the refs?

We all know the NBA is a bit lax with calling a travel during a layup. But on a play Giannis jump stops (so both feet can be a pivot foot). He then slides his left foot towards the rim (making his right foot the pivot), pivots off his left foot (now a travel), shuffles both feet (a second travel) and scores.

To be clear, I don't blame Giannis on either of these plays, you get away with what you can. But how can the refs/league justify this crap?
NBA officiating went to crap decades ago. I still watch, watched the game yesterday but hate how the games are now called.

Thanks for raising my bp this morning.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS ISN'T STUPID!!

In 2005 I had a mini stroke called a TIA.

Last night I was rushed to the emergency room because I was suffering numbness on the right side of my face and couldn't smile or wink .

Had a full blood series and full body Cat Scan. After several tests it was determined that I wasn't having any brain related trauma, I had a stroke of Bells Palsy. The right side of my face is affected as well as my eyesight in the right eye. Just thankful it wasn't a aneurism or blood clot in the brain.
My mother suffered two severe Bells Palsy strokes and it took years for her face to recover. The neurologist said that I am probably predisposed to having one or more issues that would affect the 7th Nerve located just under and behind the human ears. If it gets irritated or has exterior pressure, the face is effected.

Sadly, for some, I'm still here. I bit slower, a lot thankful for being able to half smile, rather than frozen no smile.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, for some, I'm still here. I bit slower, a lot thankful for being able to half smile, rather than frozen no smile.
You overstate the dis-appreciation by some. I had a relative with a fairly severe stroke that effectively locked her inside her own body for the last 12 years of her life. No matter what, keep up that physical activity.

I hope you were at least able to catch some of the Celts game. Not mocking your condition, but that fourth quarter alone probably could fix your smile.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS ISN'T STUPID!!

Last night I was rushed to the emergency room because I was suffering numbness on the right side of my face and couldn't smile or wink .

Had a full blood series and full body Cat Scan. After several tests it was determined that I wasn't having any brain related trauma, I had a stroke of Bells Palsy. The right side of my face is affected as well as my eyesight in the right eye. Just thankful it wasn't a aneurism or blood clot in the brain.
My mother suffered two severe Bells Palsy strokes and it took years for her face to recover. The neurologist said that I am probably predisposed to having one or more issues that would affect the 7th Nerve located just under and behind the human ears. If it gets irritated or has exterior pressure, the face is effected.

Best of luck for a full recovery. Like NE75 said keep up your physical activity as best you can.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS ISN'T STUPID!!

Glad you're still with us BK.
I know you lost a bunch of weight this last year, did the docs have any other recommendations?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS ISN'T STUPID!!

So are you trying to rationalize a half wit approach moving forrward?

In all seriousness best of luck with all this, kind of sucks. Could the recent move and the stresses of that activity been a trigger?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS ISN'T STUPID!!

I've know people with bells palsy even at a young age. It can be permanent but fortunately not as serious as a stroke.
TIA's or mini stroke are a serious warning, you have apparently heeded well.
My mother in law just had a TIA. She's showing no changes in the brain. It could have been a different story!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Neurologist said that B ells Palsy is caused by three different things. An infection in the ears, nose or throat will travel back and forth in the three. The 7th nerve is located right near the base of the ear and any ear infection can easily jump to it. The second thing is that tere are several thousand blood vessels and veins and arteries. If any of them swell for any reason and the swelling is against the nerve, palsy is almost certain. The third is a multitude of external things like severe cold against the neck which cause a slow down in circulation, then heats back up causing irritation to inner neck which irritates the nerves and the 7th can't take any irritation

So the right side of my face is affected. My right nostril constantly is dripping liquid. My right eye doesn't blink properly and the eyeball gets a bit dry and causes my sight to blur. I can't raise my lips to a full smile. So the left side is about three quarters of an inch above the right when I try.

Here's the oddity. Losing 60 pounds and exercising could also have had an effect. Because I was outside in the heat and the cold walking every day, I could have exposed the area to it. At my age, it might have effected circulation, more than likely increasing it and creating pressure. They're not 1005 sure what causes them in any individual.

For what it's worth, it's better than a stroke. I prefer to manage my grass above the ground. Not root management.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Neurologist said that B ells Palsy is caused by three different things. An infection in the ears, nose or throat will travel back and forth in the three. The 7th nerve is located right near the base of the ear and any ear infection can easily jump to it. The second thing is that tere are several thousand blood vessels and veins and arteries. If any of them swell for any reason and the swelling is against the nerve, palsy is almost certain. The third is a multitude of external things like severe cold against the neck which cause a slow down in circulation, then heats back up causing irritation to inner neck which irritates the nerves and the 7th can't take any irritation

So the right side of my face is affected. My right nostril constantly is dripping liquid. My right eye doesn't blink properly and the eyeball gets a bit dry and causes my sight to blur. I can't raise my lips to a full smile. So the left side is about three quarters of an inch above the right when I try.

Here's the oddity. Losing 60 pounds and exercising could also have had an effect. Because I was outside in the heat and the cold walking every day, I could have exposed the area to it. At my age, it might have effected circulation, more than likely increasing it and creating pressure. They're not 1005 sure what causes them in any individual.

For what it's worth, it's better than a stroke. I prefer to manage my grass above the ground. Not root management.
You sure you didn't get bit by one of those snakes I warned you about?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not there yet. 22 days to go.
Well please be safe and relax when you can, a lot of shit going on and sometime as men we feel we can do it all, or must get it done now.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS ISN'T STUPID!!

Good luck dude. Bells Palsy does not seem fun.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so cute some dweeb poster is assigning me clown emojis. Looks like someone has a man crush on me. Awwww