• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike freeman is a bitter Colts fan and an all around fucking douche.

I don't care what anybody says, there is no ballpark with a more electric crowd than Fenway Park. There's all the other MLB ballparks, and then there's Fenway.
There are others that are good too, but given baseball is a "pastime" there no other place that's feels quite like a past time than at Fenway. I thought the stadium in Arlington Texas was pretty awesome and I've hear great things about Baltimore, Cleveland and a few others. I've also been to Oakland and Chicago Comisky and both of those sucked... Also the old Yankee Stadium that was from a past time too.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are others that are good too, but given baseball is a "pastime" there no other place that's feels quite like a past time than at Fenway. I thought the stadium in Arlington Texas was pretty awesome and I've hear great things about Baltimore, Cleveland and a few others. I've also been to Oakland and Chicago Comisky and both of those sucked... Also the old Yankee Stadium that was from a past time too.
I was at Fenway, the Best, Dodger Stadium was second best, Busch Stadium then Tropicana Field which is a clogged toilet filled with human excrement

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Fenway. Even the posts are bearable.

Hate Toronto. Hate watching what looked like fleas from the right field nose bleed bleachers.

Detested Sullivan. Hate the 350's in Gillette, love the field level.

Camden yards has great seats behind the plate and fabulous food.

Hated the Orange Bowl. hate the Dolphins.

Loved watching the 49ers in 1969 in their old stadium.

Love watching football at home on TV and being first in line at the men's room every time.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at Fenway, the Best, Dodger Stadium was second best, Busch Stadium then Tropicana Field which is a clogged toilet filled with human excrement
I forgot I took in a few other parks, the last Toronto Stadium and the KingDome in Seattle were both boring and the new Seattle park is a step up but still doesn't seem right being indoors. I've been to several football stadiums too, but the comparisons seem pointless since the dimensions are all the same. I have better things to do than rate junk food and toilets.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike freeman is a bitter Colts fan and an all around fucking douche.

I don't care what anybody says, there is no ballpark with a more electric crowd than Fenway Park. There's all the other MLB ballparks, and then there's Fenway.
Fenway is a national treasure.

I wear the Patriot hatred as a badge of honor. I hate the Yankees so I do understand the Patriot hatred.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fenway is the best. Dodger Stadium is next. I watched a lot of games in Oakland and enjoyed it. (somehow)
Sounds like you missed Candlestick Park. A great place to tear down a stadium.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. I think with Pats fans it's more pronounced, perhaps because they have spent so much time in battle with the trolls that they are bitter
It's exhausting fending off stupid fans from other teams.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a historic view, Wrigley was awesome.

In football so is Lambeau.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Fenway. Even the posts are bearable.

Hate Toronto. Hate watching what looked like fleas from the right field nose bleed bleachers.

Detested Sullivan. Hate the 350's in Gillette, love the field level.

Camden yards has great seats behind the plate and fabulous food.

Hated the Orange Bowl. hate the Dolphins.

Loved watching the 49ers in 1969 in their old stadium.

Love watching football at home on TV and being first in line at the men's room every time.
This^

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot I took in a few other parks, the last Toronto Stadium and the KingDome in Seattle were both boring and the new Seattle park is a step up but still doesn't seem right being indoors. I've been to several football stadiums too, but the comparisons seem pointless since the dimensions are all the same. I have better things to do than rate junk food and toilets.
T-Mobile formelly Safeco has a retractable roof. Not a bad place to watch a game from on the occassional nice sunny day.

What is it with those Seattle stadiums? Unable to keep sponsors? The Seahawks stadium has changed it's name at least 3x that I remember.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fenway is the best. Dodger Stadium is next. I watched a lot of games in Oakland and enjoyed it. (somehow)
Sounds like you missed Candlestick Park. A great place to tear down a stadium.

My 8 year old has become a baseball nut. I'm taking him to Dodger stadium in two weeks and then we're going to Boston for a game at Fenway later in the summer.

He currently wears a #34 David Ortiz jersey(a gift from Santa) but I have a feeling we'll be leaving Dodger stadium with a Mookie Betts jersey as much as I might protest.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 8 year old has become a baseball nut. I'm taking him to Dodger stadium in two weeks and then we're going to Boston for a game at Fenway later in the summer.

He currently wears a #34 David Ortiz jersey(a gift from Santa) but I have a feeling we'll be leaving Dodger stadium with a Mookie Betts jersey as much as I might protest.
Circumstance changes everything.
I went to a lot of Oakland A's games during the Charly Finly era.
Charly wanted to move and had a contract that would not allow him to move unless he lost money!
The old bastard was so tight, he tried to lose money for years and could not.
He sold all his world champion players and started a team of kids - problem was , the kids won.
The games would have a maximum number of fans in the 5 000 range - for a Friday night Red Sox game!
Most of those tickets were given to poor black kids. They sold the tickets.
You could go to the game a half hour before 1st pitch and get a seat right behind the dugout!
Beer was cheap - again he was trying to lose money. Sausage dogs were the very best in baseball.
Very fun times. Took BART to get there so did not have to drive. Could drink all you want.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always get mine 1/2 sweet, 1/2 unsweet.
A guy walked into a BBQ joint and I was waiting for my take out order. He was a regular walked by the waitress on his way to the table and told her "I'd like an unsweet tea" I asked her " Wouldn't that just be tea"? She laughed and said "I guess I never thought about it, I guess it's just the way we say it"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy walked into a BBQ joint and I was waiting for my take out order. He was a regular walked by the waitress on his way to the table and told her "I'd like an unsweet tea" I asked her " Wouldn't that just be tea"? She laughed and said "I guess I never thought about it, I guess it's just the way we say it"
Many times I will ask a waitress "do you have sweet tea?" when the answer is yes I will then ask "Do you have bitter tea?"

Sometimes they will laugh and I will then ask for half sweet, half bitter, other times I just get a dumfounded look when I inquire about bitter tea.
Then of course my wife tells me to cut it out.