• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick hello. Took three days, about $900 worth of gasoline for 15 foot truck with about 6000 lbs of stuff and I got an incredible 10.3 miles per gallon. Trip from Manchester to Chatanooga to palm Coast Florida covered close to 1685 miles.

Spending money like it's growing $100 bills on a tree.

Internet installation Monday. Hopefully the office will fully opertional on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend, all.
Well I think I speak for us all when I say, happy you had a safe journey

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Internet stuff coming snail mail. Self install next week.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone following the Celts? Great game last night, but man I get so tired of the NBA's agenda driven officiating...

With Giannis it was turning a blind eye to every charge.
With Miami it went the opposite way with the refs giving charges to every Kyle Lowery flop
Now with Steph Curry they turn their head away from every moving screen.

Curry doesn't need much of a window, but side open from the moving screens is absolute fish in a barrel for him.

I realize the Celts have their floppers too (Smart, G Williams, and I detest all flops) but they just don't seem to get away with as much. The league won't do this, but they should grade every game and fine all actions that are beyond the true spirit of the game, until some integrity returns.

The NBA has a word, "Cagey" which translated to cheater.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone following the Celts? Great game last night, but man I get so tired of the NBA's agenda driven officiating...

With Giannis it was turning a blind eye to every charge.
With Miami it went the opposite way with the refs giving charges to every Kyle Lowery flop
Now with Steph Curry they turn their head away from every moving screen.

Curry doesn't need much of a window, but side open from the moving screens is absolute fish in a barrel for him.

I realize the Celts have their floppers too (Smart, G Williams, and I detest all flops) but they just don't seem to get away with as much. The league won't do this, but they should grade every game and fine all actions that are beyond the true spirit of the game, until some integrity returns.

The NBA has a word, "Cagey" which translated to cheater.
I thought this game was the best / least objectionable post season game I have seen so far this year.
Now if by some miracle we go up 2-0, expect some pretty shitty officiating......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this game was the best / least objectionable post season game I have seen so far this year.
Now if by some miracle we go up 2-0, expect some pretty shitty officiating......
Watch the screens. You'll see the setter continue moving which keeps the defender well off the shooter. To your point, these "officiating lapses" are more subtle.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever think about the stuff you've got tucked away or stored somewhere? I couldn't believe the stuff I sold or gave away before I moved. I can't believe the stuff that I didn't sell or give away and moved to Florida. Seriously, take an inventory and ask yourself, "Do I really love this? Or am I emotionally attached because my kid or grand kid drew this for me when he was six?" We moved 66 Totes and boxes and have unpacked or opened all of them. There are still 12 that need to find a place other than the Hurricane Room in the garage that's now the 'don't know what we'll do with it room.'

I'm building furniture for my office (Desk, bookcase, entertainment center) and a beast of a work bench for the garage, where I will empty at least two totes. Then I have at least four metal racks to build so I can empty more containers and start filling the trash bin.

Phone reception sucks. I haven't been able to get a single phone call since we got inside this house or moved around the city. I've spent no less than then four hours working with "expert techs". I'll probably be changing carriers after twelve years with T-Mobile today. Like I told them, "I don't give a shit that you're upgrading your tower. I have no reception and people can't contact me because my phone goes direct to voice mail and your transcribing is a joke."

Advice: Don't ever put anything into an ""AD"" online. I spent an hour 'unsubscribing' from bullshit last night.

Hope you all have a great Sunday. That's it for my ""STUPID NEWS"" this morning.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever think about the stuff you've got tucked away or stored somewhere? I couldn't believe the stuff I sold or gave away before I moved. I can't believe the stuff that I didn't sell or give away and moved to Florida. Seriously, take an inventory and ask yourself, "Do I really love this? Or am I emotionally attached because my kid or grand kid drew this for me when he was six?" We moved 66 Totes and boxes and have unpacked or opened all of them. There are still 12 that need to find a place other than the Hurricane Room in the garage that's now the 'don't know what we'll do with it room.'

I'm building furniture for my office (Desk, bookcase, entertainment center) and a beast of a work bench for the garage, where I will empty at least two totes. Then I have at least four metal racks to build so I can empty more containers and start filling the trash bin.

Phone reception sucks. I haven't been able to get a single phone call since we got inside this house or moved around the city. I've spent no less than then four hours working with "expert techs". I'll probably be changing carriers after twelve years with T-Mobile today. Like I told them, "I don't give a shit that you're upgrading your tower. I have no reception and people can't contact me because my phone goes direct to voice mail and your transcribing is a joke."

Advice: Don't ever put anything into an ""AD"" online. I spent an hour 'unsubscribing' from bullshit last night.

Hope you all have a great Sunday. That's it for my ""STUPID NEWS"" this morning.
When I moved to Tennessee I worked on the construction side of a VERY large engineering/construction/operations & maintenance company.
Working heavy construction (WTPs & WWTPs, not housing or strip malls) you are generally on a project for a year or two and then move on to the next. I knew it would be different this time and figured I would be in TN for 5+/- years. Well I switched from Construction to O&M which meant I would be here long term...we have a 50 year contract...
So the house I bought in '04 was in a school district that was less than the best. Hey, I thought I would be gone long before my kids went to school.
So we sold that house and moved into an apartment while searching for the next.

Yes, I understand the need to purge unneeded junk and clutter having moved twice recently.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk retires again.

Rob Gronkowski announced his retirement from football today.

Is this time for real? Or will TB12 talk him into coming back just one more time?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where this belongs, but...........................

I taped (?) the 2011 Bronco vs Patriots Divisional Playoff game last night on the NFLN. I distinctly remember this game because my wife and I were at the house of a co-worker of hers. He's a great Italian cook and he makes everything from scratch. I remember munching on his home made hot sausage and meat sauce while watching TB12 throw 4 TDs in the first half and then tying the all time record with his 5th in the 3rd quarter.

Three things stood out. Actually four.

1. Tim Tebow took a ton of crap and was tarred and feathered by the Broncos and their fans. Tebow wasn't the problem. The Broncos were horrible. His main WR was a guy named Royal. His RB was a guy named Maghee. Twice so far,the HC has to run on the fild to call a TO because Tebow is getting calls in his helmet from the booth and sideline and those two are fighting. Tebow walks toward the sideline and points to the OC and then the booth and flips his hands in a complete question. I'v paused it to shower and get dressed . I'm flying to NH today to pick up my wife's car that's been in the body shop since May 15.

2. Jerrod Mayo was a beast.

3. Gronk had seven catches in the first half and two TDs. He just caught his third in the 3rd quarter. Not bad for a second year TE.

4. Finally. What a horrific waste of talent and life was Aaron Hernandez. He was the ultimate H-Back. On the second play of the game he took a hand-off from Brady and raced 43 yards. Tackling him was like trying to tackle a raging Rhino. When a pass was anywhere near him, defenders had to protect themselves from being blasted as he went for the ball. He may have been an asshole, but the man was gifted playing football.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some thoughts about eleven years ago.

Oh yeah, Edelman was already starting to push Welker out the door.
Remember a RB named Green-Ellis?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where this belongs, but...........................

I taped (?) the 2011 Bronco vs Patriots Divisional Playoff game last night on the NFLN. I distinctly remember this game because my wife and I were at the house of a co-worker of hers. He's a great Italian cook and he makes everything from scratch. I remember munching on his home made hot sausage and meat sauce while watching TB12 throw 4 TDs in the first half and then tying the all time record with his 5th in the 3rd quarter.

Three things stood out. Actually four.

1. Tim Tebow took a ton of crap and was tarred and feathered by the Broncos and their fans. Tebow wasn't the problem. The Broncos were horrible. His main WR was a guy named Royal. His RB was a guy named Maghee. Twice so far,the HC has to run on the fild to call a TO because Tebow is getting calls in his helmet from the booth and sideline and those two are fighting. Tebow walks toward the sideline and points to the OC and then the booth and flips his hands in a complete question. I'v paused it to shower and get dressed . I'm flying to NH today to pick up my wife's car that's been in the body shop since May 15.

2. Jerrod Mayo was a beast.

3. Gronk had seven catches in the first half and two TDs. He just caught his third in the 3rd quarter. Not bad for a second year TE.

4. Finally. What a horrific waste of talent and life was Aaron Hernandez. He was the ultimate H-Back. On the second play of the game he took a hand-off from Brady and raced 43 yards. Tackling him was like trying to tackle a raging Rhino. When a pass was anywhere near him, defenders had to protect themselves from being blasted as he went for the ball. He may have been an asshole, but the man was gifted playing football.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some thoughts about eleven years ago.

Oh yeah, Edelman was already starting to push Welker out the door.
Remember a RB named Green-Ellis?
It belongs in your personal archives.