• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although JC was undrafted, he attended the combine and would have very intensive medical exam.
The report does not sound correct. Non invasive surgery of the ankle does not exist. If it is not invasive, it is not a surgical procedure.
Minimally invasive sounds more likely. Like getting scoped.
That makes the whole report questionable to me.
Chargers just spent a trillion dollars on JC, I can't think anybody really wants to talk about this and explain why now.

JC was very secretive about his quad injury issues and it worked for him, getting a big contract.
As far as malicious intent, I consider lieing or misrepresenting to be malicious. I do not consider JC taking care of business to be malicious

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying anything like that. As a professional, if you have some kind of defect or condition, it's a much more responsible thing to do when you address it before it becomes a problem. Unless he didn't know until he "tweaked" it in practice, that he had it.

Considering the physicals and other exams that these guys go through, I would guess that he knew of it. Typical of most athletes, they don't do anything unless they're forced to do something. Now that it's been "tweaked", will it become a career threatening problem that could have been avoided if it had been addressed prior?

In my opinion, most athletes tend to think that they are just a bit better than the average Joe. That's a problem for them from middle school through the pros.
JC - "Hey Agent, it's a contract year and it would be responsible for me to get this surgery before we negotiate my next contract"
Agent - ""
JC - "Let me help you off the floor...by the way, what's so funny"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I missing? He wasn't denied benefits, he was asked to follow what seems like standard procedure.
Disability payments are for permanent disability. He's pissed because the LOD asked him for personal medical history and any of his doctor's record showing exactly what his permanent disability is. He's bitch8ing because he made millions playing in the NFL, is being paid to coach for the Miami Dolphins and isn't in any way permanently disabled. Sorta like those guys with CTE that were truly AFU and died from the disability.

How much money does Wes Welker need? Is he paying a million dollars a year in alimony? Did he lose his house because he can't physically do any kind of labor? Does he know what a permanent disability really is?

I'll tell you what it is. It's not having any nerve sensation in your legs below your knees and walking around all day with a three inch wood crew going in and out of your foot and ripping away the flesh and bone. It's walking between cars in a parking lot and never feeling the jagged edge of a license plate cut through your lower leg to the bone and not feel the blood gushing out and running down into your sneaker until someone screams when you walk inside Walmart. It's not having any sensation in your intestinal system and never being able to feel the pressure that alerts you that you have to take a shit. When your anus starts to leak, you can't run fast enough to the nearest bathroom and wait until someone leaves a stall. So you just stand in the middle of the floor and shit yourself uncontrollably. What makes it bearable is a wife who knows and is willing to go to the Men's department, buy a package of boxers, a tee shirt, a pair of athletic shorts, pay for them and walk into the men's room, help you clean up and act like nothing happened with a calm straight face. That's a permanent disability and because of her, I never bitch about it.

Thank you Agent Orange.

I took enough physical abuse in my four tours and will never complain because I survived and made it home. I think Wes is barking up the wrong tree.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this means absolutely nothing... but qualifies for "Stupid News". The Baltimore Ravens have won 23 straight preseason games. Again... I know it means nothing. But they haven't lost a game since 2015. I think it's impressive. Meaningless... but impressive.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this means absolutely nothing... but qualifies for "Stupid News". The Baltimore Ravens have won 23 straight preseason games. Again... I know it means nothing. But they haven't lost a game since 2015. I think it's impressive. Meaningless... but impressive.
I've never been on a team that lost one. Is that impressive too? It means they are trying to win where other teams are trying to maximize the experience.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been on a team that lost one. Is that impressive too? It means they are trying to win where other teams are trying to maximize the experience.
It could also mean they are maximizing the experience better than the other team too.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are rumblings every once in awhile about the Patriots not being a top team when it comes to the draft. Here is a good stat.Screenshot_20220829-120314_Chrome.jpg

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could also mean they are maximizing the experience better than the other team too.
I can't deny that as a possibility too, especially since they are regularly in the playoffs, win at least a game most years and have a couple AFCCG appearances during that time. It still seems hard to believe they aren't putting more emphasis on winning meaningless games than everyone else.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd isn't it? Only the Vikings haven't won a Superbowl since 2000.

Although four teams have not appeared in a Super Bowl to date, there are an additional eight teams whose most recent Super Bowl appearance was before Houston joined the NFL in 2002, resulting in a longer drought.

Additionally, The Panthers, Bengals, Falcons, and Cardinals have not won since 2000.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although four teams have not appeared in a Super Bowl to date, there are an additional eight teams whose most recent Super Bowl appearance was before Houston joined the NFL in 2002, resulting in a longer drought.

Additionally, The Panthers, Bengals, Falcons, and Cardinals have not won since 2000.....
That "haven't won since 2000" was from a list of eight teams, not the entire NFL. It was referencing a post from @cheerupcharlie

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill must have pissed off the local media.

Curran is bitchin' like hell that BB should have named Caley as OC because he worked for Josh for years. Of course Caley's contract is up next year and he'll probably be heading west.

Then came the coup de grais. No one wants to work for Bill anymore. He doesn't pay, He works their asses off, he doesn't give titles. So Bill can only get league cast offs and his kids to work for him. According to Curran, Bill is losing his grip. To add a final insult to his injurious platatudes he picks the Dolphins 24-17. I was almost wetting myself.