• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at your age you should have had the test prior to humping all that stone? JMHO
August 2005.

On Sunday I rode my bicycle for 6 miles in 94 degree heat. Got home, took a shower, sat down for the Patriots preseason game and ate almoist 3 lbs. of baked Buffalo Wings.

On Monday I had an Angiogram. I had a camera inserted into the femoral artery in my right leg and the cardiologist spent about 15 minutes explaining what he was looking at on the television over the table.

On Tuesday morning at 9:00 I was wheeled into surgery and had seven hours of open heart surgery. Four coronary bypasses and my mammoral artery was put in place next to my Widow Maker which was 98% blocked.

At my age, knowing when to take a break is more important that hauling another load.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now feel compelled to show pics of my entire home remodel, still in the works, but I won't, None of you are worth my time.
george w bush middle finger GIF

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At my age, this was exhausting. I carried about 85% of those pavers nearly twenty five feet to the spot. The fork truck couldn't get beyond a low hanging tree in the middle of the yard that is in bloom with big low hanging branches. I had my phone in my pocket all day on Wednesday and I walked 12,000+ steps. After a day off I actually want to go out and do something else productive today.

Question. Have any of you ever had a nuclear stress test for your heart? From what I know, they inject some kind of medication that expands every blood vessel in your body for about three seconds along with a dye. Instead of getting on a treadmill and exerting, this med actually does it for you while in a lying position. Test takes about four hours. Anyway, I'm having it done tomorrow morning and would like to hear any stories or experiences.......Thanks
Nope.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August 2005.

On Sunday I rode my bicycle for 6 miles in 94 degree heat. Got home, took a shower, sat down for the Patriots preseason game and ate almoist 3 lbs. of baked Buffalo Wings.

On Monday I had an Angiogram. I had a camera inserted into the femoral artery in my right leg and the cardiologist spent about 15 minutes explaining what he was looking at on the television over the table.

On Tuesday morning at 9:00 I was wheeled into surgery and had seven hours of open heart surgery. Four coronary bypasses and my mammoral artery was put in place next to my Widow Maker which was 98% blocked.

At my age, knowing when to take a break is more important that hauling another load.
Get well soon Ken.
For what it's worth, my stepdad had emegency quad bypass surgery and lived another 19 years. Take care of yourself!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cut down trees but I never really climbed trees.
Afraid of heights.
I am also afraid of heights.
I worked structural steel and climbed trees up to 300 feet. I had to manage my fears. I still have nightmares though.

When I was learning to climb, an old climber and mentor told me:
"unless you are a squrrel or a bird, you should be afraid up there!"
At that time I was climbing to less than 100 ft.
A fall at 60 ft. is certain death, anything taller doesn't matter!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, how fucking long does it take to bury a Queen?
Read the news this morning before coming here.
Told my wife, "the box has gotten to Windsor"
That is about how much I care.

I intend to be cremated. Don't want to be paraded around in the shell I no longer inhabit.
What to do with the ashes? Throw them in the trash, I don't care!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the news this morning before coming here.
Told my wife, "the box has gotten to Windsor"
That is about how much I care.

I intend to be cremated. Don't want to be paraded around in the shell I no longer inhabit.
What to do with the ashes? Throw them in the trash, I don't care!
I feel the same when I am gone just burn me and dispose of me how you will, makes no difference to me.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also afraid of heights.
I worked structural steel and climbed trees up to 300 feet. I had to manage my fears. I still have nightmares though.

When I was learning to climb, an old climber and mentor told me:
"unless you are a squrrel or a bird, you should be afraid up there!"
At that time I was climbing to less than 100 ft.
A fall at 60 ft. is certain death, anything taller doesn't matter!
Working a hydro damn we were getting ready to pour the last section of the power house walls, 24" thick. 80 feet to the rock river bottom within the earthen coffer damn on one side and 120 feet down to the bottom of the generator pit on the inside.
The foreman called me to bring him up a come along to pull the rebar off the inside wall form so the inspector would release the concrete. The rebar is usually tied in mats on the ground and then flown up in big sheets and tied together before at least one side of the form work is erected, sometimes both.
I thought I was going to climb up, hand him the come along and go back down.
No.
Sit on the top of that form and hook the come along to that stiff back, and feed out some cable. Then start cranking. Everyone else is busy and concrete is on it's way, "it's fucking show time" as Jim used to say. He wasn't wearing a belt and he knew I wasn't. I started cranking, rebar started moving. Inch of clearance. Inch and a half, inch and three quarters...Keep cranking!! I forget how much clearance was needed on this particular project but it was more than two inches.
Keep cranking!!.
I was putting everything I had into trying to get one more click on the come along ratchet. Sitting on top of the outside form, feet against the inside form, pulling with all my worth, leg muscles, back muscles, arm muscles, face muscles...
Snap.
Come along snapped.
I went over. Jim grabbed my leg.
That big Virginia peanut farmer had the reflexes of a cat on cracked. And the strength that set the standard for any Dwayne Johnson character.
Thank GOD I wore tight jeans back then or I might have slipped out of them.

The eyes on that bearded fuck were so big as he pulled me up. Like hub caps.
He said fuck it, leave it. I said no. I climbed down inside the forms in between the two mats of rebar. Get me a sledge hammer, a short 2x4 and some wedges and we'll get this off the form. He thought it was brilliant and thought I was a hero for staying up there after barely escaping death.

I was too scared to climb back down.

Now, I'm the safety guy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I became the safety guy because of the shit I did and stuff I saw.
I was very lucky to survive my 1st year doing steel
I was very lucky to survive my 1st year climbing trees.
Like I said, I still have nightmares.....

As you probably already know, the work you were doing that day was illegal!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I became the safety guy because of the shit I did and stuff I saw.
I was very lucky to survive my 1st year doing steel
I was very lucky to survive my 1st year climbing trees.
Like I said, I still have nightmares.....

As you probably already know, the work you were doing that day was illegal!
Well, yeah.

Back then rules were for pussies.
Body belts, safety glasses, sleeved shirts...pfft...

Exactly. The shit I saw and the shit I did.

They made me the safety guy because they said I would never tell someone they couldn't do something, I would help them figure out a way to do it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with Raisin Bran Crunch for Breakfast and Spinach Based Salad for lunch is that about 2PM you will be blowing up the common bathroom. Just wanted to share

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with Raisin Bran Crunch for Breakfast and Spinach Based Salad for lunch is that about 2PM you will be blowing up the common bathroom. Just wanted to share
What?

No Beans?

Chicken, corn and black beans for lunch and oatmeal for dinner.

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 89 yo monster in law could eat bran and prunes all day and not get a reaction from her parakeet asshole!