• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need a snow blower in Florida we are all fucked.
LOL

I live above the freeze line which is basically Tampa. I arrived in 93 I think it was the winter of 94 or 95 the ladies in the accounting office were freaking the F out, "It's snowing It's Snowing".. I am looking and looking and being from New Hampshire I know what snow is. Finally I caught a glimpse of a flurry or two, shrugged my shoulders and walked away

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I live above the freeze line which is basically Tampa. I arrived in 93 I think it was the winter of 94 or 95 the ladies in the accounting office were freaking the F out, "It's snowing It's Snowing".. I am looking and looking and being from New Hampshire I know what snow is. Finally I caught a glimpse of a flurry or two, shrugged my shoulders and walked away
We had flurries here in Joeja this year. We'll have snow this year - according to Farmers Almanac. I'm retired - who GAF?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I'm from the Midwest and growing up I remember a foot of snow wasn't a sure thing to get school canceled. My wife and I moved to Seattle for her Master's program and they ended up getting 3" of snow and declared a state of emergency. We both laughed at how panicked the entire city was.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from the Midwest and growing up I remember a foot of snow wasn't a sure thing to get school canceled. My wife and I moved to Seattle for her Master's program and they ended up getting 3" of snow and declared a state of emergency. We both laughed at how panicked the entire city was.
Lived in Charlotte area for 14 years. It took less than that to get schooled cancelled.
You'd get the notice of cancellation on the sign in front of the school!

Note: If you saw how charlotte folks drove in the snow, you'd be happy for cancellation!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lived in Charlotte area for 14 years. It took less than that to get schooled cancelled.
You'd get the notice of cancellation on the sign in front of the school!

Note: If you saw how charlotte folks drove in the snow, you'd be happy for cancellation!
Up until 2 years ago they would cancel schools here on the threat of snow the next day.
Now they wait until the morning of. Our home phone will ring about 5:00 AM, then my wife's cell, then my cell with a message stating because of road conditions or even because of potential road conditions later in the day, schools will be closed.

And yes, because of how some of these dumbasses drive in the rain, it's a good thing.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until 2 years ago they would cancel schools here on the threat of snow the next day.
Now they wait until the morning of. Our home phone will ring about 5:00 AM, then my wife's cell, then my cell with a message stating because of road conditions or even because of potential road conditions later in the day, schools will be closed.

And yes, because of how some of these dumbasses drive in the rain, it's a good thing.
I'd be driving Hwy 74 into Charlotte and passing cars like crazy.
When the snow would start, the same cars I had passed would start passing me back.
I would continue on and see the in the center divider or off the road.

Rumor has it, they speed up to get there before it gets bad!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the snow would start, the same cars I had passed would start passing me back.

Rumor has it, they speed up to get there before it gets bad!
snow winter GIF by Red Bull

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to drive between 300 and 600 miles a day, Monday thru Thursday.

I had company vehicles and they were all rear wheel drive. The best in a blizzard was a 1994 Ford Taurus. I can remember driving on 93 from north of Pittsburgh NH south to Manchester in a whiteout. I was measuring a building at about 11:00 am when the snow started. By the time I finished the survey about fifteen minutes later, the ground was completely white. By the time I got to Lincoln four inches had fallen and the wind was increasing. Every dickweed in a pickup flew by me because I had slowed to 40-45. I got to Concord around 4:30 and passed at least four of the idiots off the road and into the woods. I got home at 5 or so. The only problem I have with snow is that not all of it can be taken care of with a blower. You need a shovel. I'm too old to hump 18" of sticky snowman snow.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call it a state of emergency any place we're drivers have virtually no experience with snow, none of them. When you learned all the other drivers already knew.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call it a state of emergency any place we're drivers have virtually no experience with snow, none of them. When you learned all the other drivers already knew.
Very true. And I do remember my wife wanting to go to work that day even though her job called everyone and said you don't have to come in. She kept talking about how we have 4-wheel drive so it shouldn't be a problem to make it. I told her I'm not worried about us. It is all the other people that don't have that and never drive on snow. At a stop light on a hill we watched as a car came sliding back towards us. Thankfully so few people were on the road we could just reverse and not get hit, but I got to give the "I told you so" look towards her.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. And I do remember my wife wanting to go to work that day even though her job called everyone and said you don't have to come in. She kept talking about how we have 4-wheel drive so it shouldn't be a problem to make it. I told her I'm not worried about us. It is all the other people that don't have that and never drive on snow. At a stop light on a hill we watched as a car came sliding back towards us. Thankfully so few people were on the road we could just reverse and not get hit, but I got to give the "I told you so" look towards her.
I was driving on an Army base in Alaska in January 1975.
I stopped way before an intersection and watched as a young soldier hit the brakes and slid through the intersection and about 200 feet past.
We could only laugh!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT Stupid.

JC Jackson had to undergo ankle surgery today.

Chargers are saying that he'll miss at least four weeks of the season.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT Stupid.

JC Jackson had to undergo ankle surgery today.

Chargers are saying that he'll miss at least four weeks of the season.
Article reported that "it was not invasive?"
Also reported he|was born with it"

Why not do surgery after last season instead of now? Sounds fishy.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article reported that "it was not invasive?"
Also reported he|was born with it"

Why not do surgery after last season instead of now? Sounds fishy.....
If he was "born" with something, then why wasn't it corrected when he was in college or during an offseason with the Patriots. I have to agree with Southie, sounds a bit strange. I'm not an MD, but "non-invasive" surgery? Laser? Every surgery I've had has left at least one scar. Then again, what the hell do we know about anything other than what someone else has written.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was "born" with something, then why wasn't it corrected when he was in college or during an offseason with the Patriots. I have to agree with Southie, sounds a bit strange. I'm not an MD, but "non-invasive" surgery? Laser? Every surgery I've had has left at least one scar. Then again, what the hell do we know about anything other than what someone else has written.
Why does it not seem reasonable that the nature of the injury is such that it does not normally hinder him but something he did in practice tweeked it?

I have injuries that often don't bother me until I move or step the wrong way. It happens. I won't run out and get it fixed if it's not a consistent issue.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it not seem reasonable that the nature of the injury is such that it does not normally hinder him but something he did in practice tweeked it?

I have injuries that often don't bother me until I move or step the wrong way. It happens. I won't run out and get it fixed if it's not a consistent issue.
Not saying anything like that. As a professional, if you have some kind of defect or condition, it's a much more responsible thing to do when you address it before it becomes a problem. Unless he didn't know until he "tweaked" it in practice, that he had it.

Considering the physicals and other exams that these guys go through, I would guess that he knew of it. Typical of most athletes, they don't do anything unless they're forced to do something. Now that it's been "tweaked", will it become a career threatening problem that could have been avoided if it had been addressed prior?

In my opinion, most athletes tend to think that they are just a bit better than the average Joe. That's a problem for them from middle school through the pros.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying anything like that. As a professional, if you have some kind of defect or condition, it's a much more responsible thing to do when you address it before it becomes a problem. Unless he didn't know until he "tweaked" it in practice, that he had it.

Considering the physicals and other exams that these guys go through, I would guess that he knew of it. Typical of most athletes, they don't do anything unless they're forced to do something. Now that it's been "tweaked", will it become a career threatening problem that could have been avoided if it had been addressed prior?

In my opinion, most athletes tend to think that they are just a bit better than the average Joe. That's a problem for them from middle school through the pros.
Yeah but doctors are known to not correct things when they are not an issue. I guess none of us really no, I just don't feel there is any malicious intent here