• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a picture. The red circle is where the ball was going and the yellow circle is where Welker was looking for it. Which is the better placement to avoid the nearest defender. My opinion is based on my understanding on how the options based route system works. To be fair, many receivers have not executed well in this system. However Welker flourished, except on this play.

View attachment 302700
Fuck a picture watch the video. The video clearly shows the ball was not thrown well a professional commentator and former WR stated the same thing and you suggest we should agree with your personal opinion based and a still shot. Nahhhh not happening brah

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post game ESPN Banter. And why I feel this is more on TB12, We all know the Giants were confused, Welker went to the soft spot in the D and was wide damn open, he should not have had to turn his body at all. If Brady throws a good pass there so Wes never has to leave his feel and leads him then this is a TD. Brady IMO got ansty saw how open the play was and made a bad throw. If that ball is placed correctly Welker 1. Does not have to contort his body at all. 2. Never has to leave his feet 3. Catches the ball in stride.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck a picture watch the video. The video clearly shows the ball was not thrown well a professional commentator and former WR stated the same thing and you suggest we should agree with your personal opinion based and a still shot. Nahhhh not happening brah
It's not a still shot. It's a screen grab from the video you are describing. Collinsworth made the comment off the cuff without a complete chance to analyze the play. From the perspective of where Welker was, the throw was off, but that's not the complete story. The real story is: where was Welker supposed to be and where was the throw supposed to be.... I can't answer 100%, I can only give my opinion that Welker made the wrong read.

You and I are usually on a similar page on the topics "The Pats are never at fault" (they often are) and "Tom Brady did everything right" (guy plays great football, but not perfect, and can be a douche at times). I don't favor Brady on this play because he's him and Welker left. It was one play and Welker made the wrong read, made the catch more difficult than necessary, then dropped the ball.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post game ESPN Banter. And why I feel this is more on TB12, We all know the Giants were confused, Welker went to the soft spot in the D and was wide damn open, he should not have had to turn his body at all. If Brady throws a good pass there so Wes never has to leave his feel and leads him then this is a TD. Brady IMO got ansty saw how open the play was and made a bad throw. If that ball is placed correctly Welker 1. Does not have to contort his body at all. 2. Never has to leave his feet 3. Catches the ball in stride.
Welker didn't need to leave his feet except to contort his body and jump back toward the ball. Brady released the ball in about 1.5 seconds, he was throwing to a spot. Welker just went to the wrong spot. Sure, it's a bit subjective and there are two parts of this we don't know, where was Welker supposed to go and where was the ball supposed to go.

Maybe it's only Giselle who agrees with me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The haters don't let us forget.

Just sit back for a minute and reflect on the NE Patriots from 2001-2020

Super Bowl Victories 6
Super Bowl Losses 3
AFC Championships 9

Playoff Record 37-22 .627

Super Bowl losses can be directly linked to misplays by Patriots players and bizarre plays by opposing teams.

Samuel's muffed interception.
Welker's TD drop in the end zone.
3rd and 5 from the 44. Missed sacks by Vince Wilfork, Jarvis Green, Richard Seymour. Eli Manning throws a wiffle ball and
David Tyree pins the catch against the top of his helmet with Rodney Harrison draped all over him.

Malcolm Butler spending an entire game on the bench for an unknown disciplinary reason.
Totally unknown QB plays the game of his life in a Super Bowl

Some things are just meant to be. I laugh when I start to blame guys for screwing the pooch and denying the Patriots a 9-0 Super Bowl Record.

Then you have to consider the 1985 loss against the Bears and the putrid 1997 Bill Parcells debacle.

The Patriots have been in 11 Super Bowls since 1985. From 1960-1970 they were in one AFL Championship and lost to the Chargers

Patriots have been in existence since 1960 and played in 15 Championships. Consider this..................Only two of the original NFL teams have more Championship appearances than the Patriots.

TEAMROUNDGP
San Francisco 49ersNFC Championship17
Pittsburgh SteelersAFC Championship16
New England PatriotsAFC Championship15
Dallas CowboysNFC Championship14
Agree but the difference was those players aren't running their mouths.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker didn't need to leave his feet except to contort his body and jump back toward the ball. Brady released the ball in about 1.5 seconds, he was throwing to a spot. Welker just went to the wrong spot. Sure, it's a bit subjective and there are two parts of this we don't know, where was Welker supposed to go and where was the ball supposed to go.

Maybe it's only Giselle who agrees with me.
Wes did have to leave his feet he is 5'9" and the ball was 6+ feet in the air. I understand the throwing to a spot but if Brady was or is so great at reading the play and making adjustments as he is tauted he would have seen how open Wes was and thrown a better ball. I get the whole mantra of " He had two hands on the ball" and had TB adjusted and thrown a better ball I think Wes makes that play, there was no one within six feet of him in the NFL that might as well be a mile

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up three defensive linemen that all missed a sack opportunity on the same play that turned the tide of Patriots' history.

Welker, Brady dropping a pass, Edelman tipping a pass are equal to any other misplay or failure.

Certain plays stand out and allows people to place blame. Thos same plays allow us to forget stupid plays that killed drives like, holding, illegal hands to the face, pass interference, or false start.

We never forget those same stupid plays when the opposition is the one the penalties are against.

The great thing about football is that the team that makes the fewest mistakes, always seems to win. Hence BB's mantra of "Do Your Job" becomes so clear and precise.

As was once said, "There are reasons and there are excuses. Reasons are acceptable. excuses are not. There is no excuse for stupidity." AS BB always says, "There is no reason for not doing your job."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a picture. The red circle is where the ball was going and the yellow circle is where Welker was looking for it. Which is the better placement to avoid the nearest defender. My opinion is based on my understanding on how the options based route system works. To be fair, many receivers have not executed well in this system. However Welker flourished, except on this play.

View attachment 302700
The options based route system is unneccessarily complex for a midget on drugs......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that no one has noticed. I haven't been around much for the past six days.

My brother and his wife came down from Chatanooga and he and I have been working on two projects.

The first was a restoration of a 150 year old 2.5' x 6' x 6' wood cabinet. The second was constructing a permanent attractive barrier around the air conditioning unit. We set four 4" x 4" x 8' posts in concrete and then instead of a fence, we set vertical 5/4" boards. The area will be a patio in September and the barrier will hide the A/C unit. We finished both yesterday evening. He's a master paver and learning how to build that patio will be fun.

They drove off for Fripp Island SC this morning and I have fiv days to paperwork and contractors to catch up with and prepare for new gutters tomorrow, ceiling painters on Saturday and landscapers next week to transform the area surrounding the house. Then the kitchen will be completely redone and wifey thinks she wants the new patio area to be accented with a different exterior color than the light sand that the house is painted.

I'm buying 50 Mega Million and Powerball tickets going forward.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that no one has noticed. I haven't been around much for the past six days.

My brother and his wife came down from Chatanooga and he and I have been working on two projects.

The first was a restoration of a 150 year old 2.5' x 6' x 6' wood cabinet. The second was constructing a permanent attractive barrier around the air conditioning unit. We set four 4" x 4" x 8' posts in concrete and then instead of a fence, we set vertical 5/4" boards. The area will be a patio in September and the barrier will hide the A/C unit. We finished both yesterday evening. He's a master paver and learning how to build that patio will be fun.

They drove off for Fripp Island SC this morning and I have fiv days to paperwork and contractors to catch up with and prepare for new gutters tomorrow, ceiling painters on Saturday and landscapers next week to transform the area surrounding the house. Then the kitchen will be completely redone and wifey thinks she wants the new patio area to be accented with a different exterior color than the light sand that the house is painted.

Best of luck BK.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed and went looking for you.
Fortunately, you "were seen" moments before according to your profile.
If you still have my email, give it to your wife so if you die after winning the Mega Millions, we'll know!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one for ya.

This past Saturday, I bought a brand new 22 HP Husqvarna 46" Hydro Tractor and a 10 Cu Yard pull cart.

It was delivered yesterday. The delivery guys unloaded it carefully and I signed the slip. They drove off and my brother asked me where the Owner's Manual was. There wasn't one. Then I asked him if he had picked up the second key. Nope. I started checking out the tractor and when I started it, lo and behold, the engine clock displayed 34.5 hours. I had a three year old John Deer 18 HP that I sold when I moved. It had 36 hours after I owned it for three years. I just got back from Lowes and the manager is beside himself. Not only did I get a used tractor, it was also the wrong model.

The one I thought I was getting is off the floor and I suggested that quite possibly, someone saw it, wanted it and gave the guy on floor a little tip to remove the "SOLD" sign and try to give me a similar model. I'm smiling and being Mr. Nice Guy and the manager is getting more and more pissed.

He found the top of the line, extra bells and whistles model available at another store and I'll be getting my new tractor in about two weeks. The entire yard is being ripped up and resodded next week, so I won't be mowing any grass for at least a month.

My final comment? "Might want to hand over the keys and the manual to whoever buys a floor mower, vehicle or snowblower so that no one tries to sell anything out from under them. Especially after they've handed over $3000. Don't ever exchange a used anything when someone buys a new something. That alone is a court case for bait and switch."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final comment? "Might want to hand over the keys and the manual to whoever buys a floor mower, vehicle or snowblower so that no one tries to sell anything out from under them. Especially after they've handed over $3000. Don't ever exchange a used anything when someone buys a new something. That alone is a court case for bait and switch."
If you need a snow blower in Florida we are all fucked.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need a snow blower in Florida we are all fucked.
Haven't you been reading about climate change?

Next year is a naturally scheduled Opposite 20 Year Spin. 2022 is the end of sweat your balls off trend.

2023 Begins the Cooling off period and in 2025, Miami will be 40 below zero from March through November. New England and the Central Lake States will be an average daily 68 degrees. The U.S. Southwest will be the new Tundra regions.

Mother Nature is pissed and will become Mother Witch Nature. It'll be hilarious watching the politicians trying to back pedal on their thought process of climate change today.