• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a small sample size, but seven out of the 11 playoff games that went into overtime (under the current rules) didn’t give the loser of the coin toss a chance to touch the ball. There are valid arguments for and against changing the overtime rules again, especially for the playoffs.
I'm tired of all the whining about rule changes.
Whatever the changes are, they will result in somebody losing.
Whoever loses will still complain and want it changed again.

Losers lose - that will never change!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother and I are looking to buy an Ocean cruising yacht. We're looking at big ones. Dual diesels, minimum 2 staterooms with queen size beds. We plan to go back and forth between Portland, Maine and Cancun, Mexico maybe even go through the canal and take a voyage to Alaska.

This 70 footer is looking pretty good right now.

1643460858365.png

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother and I are looking to buy an Ocean cruising yacht. We're looking at big ones. Dual diesels, minimum 2 staterooms with queen size beds. We plan to go back and forth between Portland, Maine and Cancun, Mexico maybe even go through the canal and take a voyage to Alaska.

View attachment 287828
Best of luck with that. I've always thought a boat is a hole in the water you try to fill with money.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck with that. I've always thought a boat is a hole in the water you try to fill with money.
I've always held this believe in life, within reason: You can buy anything you want, as long as you only buy what you really want. When you buy things you think you want you get into trouble very quickly. For sure, some people are boat people and boat people can afford their boat. For everyone else it's "a hole in the water you very effectively fill with money", and you can't get most of it back.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're planning on living on it. Filling the fuel tanks makes me swallow hard. 2750 gal. @ $4.00 per and the price is just streaming upward.

Looking a completely renovated 1994 75' Hatteras. Owner died and wife is trying to get rid of it. He put $1.2M into upgrades after buying it. Twin Cummins that were completely rebuilt, 2020 complete electronics and radar install. This was his baby. The woman is loaded and we're thinkig of offering her $500,000 cash. We'll know how bad she wants to sell it. Then we have to drive it out of Mbile, AL and find a temp hometo stash it while both of takecare of selling homes etc.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 287828
Be sure and get a professional survey! You might consider a Captains License for that big a boat.
Buy the book and read; Heavy Weather Sailing.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 287828
B O A T...
Break
Out
Another
Thousand

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It holds true with many things.
Don't buy more than you can afford to maintain.

My self I would buy a bowrider and smaller house near the water.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be sure and get a professional survey! You might consider a Captains License for that big a boat.
Buy the book and read; Heavy Weather Sailing.
Been on the icean since birth. Pilot'd a 62' fishing trawler (Anna C) from South Portand to George bank in 1962 while the drunken crew slept. I had to go below while they fished because the Maritime laws don't allow anyone under 16 on deck during net hauls. I got a full crew's share ($600) and a 52 lb haddock that I filleted to bring home. I also drove the boat home while the drunken crew slept until we hit the light ship 3 miles out of Casco Bay.

I will, without a doubt, make sure I have everythng required before we buy the boat. Including full training on the latest electronic gear. I ain't gonna read a book and think I'm ready to drive that puppy 1500 miles..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It holds true with many things.
Don't buy more than you can afford to maintain.

My self I would buy a bowrider and smaller house near the water.
I used to take a shortcut through a "neighborhood" in South Carolina. There was a small lot that had a ratty old trailer on it.
Parked next to the "house was a big Hatteras.
Now that's keeping priorities in order.
Give me that Hatteras and I'd never go home!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been on the icean since birth. Pilot'd a 62' fishing trawler (Anna C) from South Portand to George bank in 1962 while the drunken crew slept. I had to go below while they fished because the Maritime laws don't allow anyone under 16 on deck during net hauls. I got a full crew's share ($600) and a 52 lb haddock that I filleted to bring home. I also drove the boat home while the drunken crew slept until we hit the light ship 3 miles out of Casco Bay.

I will, without a doubt, make sure I have everythng required before we buy the boat. Including full training on the latest electronic gear. I ain't gonna read a book and think I'm ready to drive that puppy 1500 miles..
You would like and appreciate that book!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to take a shortcut through a "neighborhood" in South Carolina. There was a small lot that had a ratty old trailer on it.
Parked next to the "house was a big Hatteras.
Now that's keeping priorities in order.
Give me that Hatteras and I'd never go home!
Don't get me wrong, love being on the water.
But I can afford the maintenance on a house more easily than that of a boat.

And that's before hurricanes come in to the picture...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, love being on the water.
But I can afford the maintenance on a house more easily than that of a boat.

And that's before hurricanes come in to the picture...
When my 2nd wife passed away. I was alone and considering my future.
I thought about buying a big sailboat. They use very little fuel.I could fish for food and sail the world.

I had a dream one night. I bought the sailboat and was to sail to the Bahamas.
I'd hang out with young women in skimpy bikinis.
I was sailing through this blue lagoon.
When I arrived at the end of the lagoon, the lagoon was lined with sailboats and old fat bald men, typing furiously on their computers.
I woke up screaming!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be sure and get a qualified crew!
1643487656218.png

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 287828

Back to the war zone?
In case you haven't been to Mexico recently, be careful!
This comes from a world traveler, I'm not a fraidy cat!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been to Cancun. The street at the beach is deceptive. Get off the beach by 2 blocks and it is a dangerous ghetto.

Reall, if you want to go to Cancun, just got to Myrtle beach at spring break, get drunk and fall face-first into the sand. Voilla, you're at Cancun!
I'd rather go to the Bahamas. Stay away from Freeport and you'll be fine. You have a bigger boat than the criminals and probably a little meaner!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more intrigued with attempting"to navigate "The Great Loop."

1643715887138.png

Boat size will be critical. Marinascharge about $2.00 a foot for an overnight. A 45 ft yacht can eat about $25 an hour in fuel alone. Since we'll have two women to contend with, I'm thinking about reducing the size from 50 feet to 35-37. No staterooms, everyone sleeps in a bunk. Comfortable and relaxed Loop should take about 4-6 months.