• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.
You asked a question.
I answered.

So, before you get your panties twisted around lets agree on a couple things;

I do not know that AB was or was not injured.
I do not care if AB was or was not injured. Well to the extent that I only wish serious injury on a precious few.
I only commented regarding ramifications with a hypothetical "if" he was injured.
I am not a doctor, lawyer, coach, player or serial killer, nor do I play one and I slept in my own bed last night.

Just an internet dumbass.
Hey I am going commando.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I am going commando.
I re read...I may have come off as a dick... So here.

page forum GIF
page forum GIF

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get so tired of the OT complaints from losers... You had two chances to win:
  1. Don't let the game go to OT
  2. If you fail at 1 and lose the flip, stop the opposing team's offense on the first possession
By far the best option is "Win the game in regulation time".

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  2. If you fail at 1 and lose the flip, stop the opposing team's offense on the first possession

I can see both sides.
It's better than it used to be when only a FG was needed.
But if both teams were guaranteed a possession, a missed extra point or a two point conversion could be the difference maker.

Watching last night and knowing the rules before the flip I was thinking the best would be play a full 15 min OT quarter regardless of who scores when.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the NFL OT Rules are asinine. If two teams battled to a tie both team should have at least one possession with the ball. The whole win it in regulation argument is dumb to me. It's fucking obvious neither team won it in regulation therefor both team should have a chance to win it in OT. Each team getting a possession test the offense and defense of each team.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both sides.
It's better than it used to be when only a FG was needed.
But if both teams were guaranteed a possession, a missed extra point or a two point conversion could be the difference maker.

Watching last night and knowing the rules before the flip I was thinking the best would be play a full 15 min OT quarter regardless of who scores when.
but both teams had opportunities to win in regulation. They each had the win all but locked... I'm not against changing it, just not listening to anyone whining because the Bills lost a game in their grasp.
I feel the NFL OT Rules are asinine. If two teams battled to a tie both team should have at least one possession with the ball. The whole win it in regulation argument is dumb to me. It's fucking obvious neither team won it in regulation therefor both team should have a chance to win it in OT. Each team getting a possession test the offense and defense of each team.
I see it differently. Neither team won the game. Win the game and you win. Don't win the game but also don't lose and you still have a chance to win, but it may not be an equal chance... Again, my comments are targeting the whiners and I'm not opposed to a rule change... but know this: extending a game when players are tired and desperate increases the chance of injuries.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but both teams had opportunities to win in regulation. They each had the win all but locked... I'm not against changing it, just not listening to anyone whining because the Bills lost a game in their grasp.

I see it differently. Neither team won the game. Win the game and you win. Don't win the game but also don't lose and you still have a chance to win, but it may not be an equal chance... Again, my comments are targeting the whiners and I'm not opposed to a rule change... but know this: extending a game when players are tired and desperate increases the chance of injuries.
In regulation, neither team won, neither team lost. But, they both played their guts out.
In overtime, it's dependent on a coinflip.
At that point, both defenses are gassed, yet only one gets embarrassed, while the opposing O looks like heroes.
Why not just start the game with whoever scores first wins. That would prevent a lot of injuries, no?

Or how about let the fantasy guys decide the outcome from Vegas?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injuries have not a thing to do with this. A player could just was easily get inured on the first drive of a game as they could the last. I agree that people should not whine about losing a game this way bit in all honesty they should be whining because the way the NFL does this is just wrong.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regulation, neither team won, neither team lost. But, they both played their guts out.(1)
In overtime, it's dependent on a coinflip.
At that point, both defenses are gassed, yet only one gets embarrassed, while the opposing O looks like heroes.
Why not just start the game with whoever scores first wins. That would prevent a lot of injuries, no? (2)

Or how about let the fantasy guys decide the outcome from Vegas?
  1. The key is this: neither team one, each team had an opportunity to win and while they played they're guts out they did make mistakes
  2. Seriously? That's your take?
Let's not forget we're speaking in terms of opinions and I'm giving mine, and going more into the depth of my opinion based on what others are presenting and not contesting the value of what is presented.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree. They already changed the rules to address it and I'm cool with it the way it is.

If the other team wins the coin flip then simply don't allow a fucking TD. a FG doesn't win it on the first possession so simply don't give up a TD. I don't want it any more watered down than this.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. They already changed the rules to address it and I'm cool with it the way it is.

If the other team wins the coin flip then simply don't allow a fucking TD. a FG doesn't win it on the first possession so simply don't give up a TD. I don't want it any more watered down than this.
Te coin flip is why it's watered down, it actually presents a situation that favors the team that wins the toss. I am okay with keeping the toss only adding that if a team scores a TD there is an ensuing kickoff and the other team has a chance with the ball. As I stated earlier neither team won in regulation the both deserve a shot with the ball. I can't fathom how this is bad.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. The key is this: neither team one, each team had an opportunity to win and while they played they're guts out they did make mistakes
  2. Seriously? That's your take?
Let's not forget we're speaking in terms of opinions and I'm giving mine, and going more into the depth of my opinion based on what others are presenting and not contesting the value of what is presented.
1) Yeah. Both teams make mistakes. Both teams get good calls and bad calls from refs. Both teams have players who get banged up and injured. Both teams play in the cold/heat/wind/AC etc. Both teams drink Gatorade. So what.
2) If the game is going to be decided on a coin flip, why wait so long? Why let it be decided on a coin flip? If they stop a TD and get a FG then KC stops Buffalo from getting a TD but they get a FG, The KC can win with another FG. So...still decided by the coin flip.

What other major sport is sudden death for the first OT?

Again, on this particular game, the kicker had already missed twice. A missed extra point was a reality. Conversely, a two point conversion could have been the decider.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing a full 15 min quarter isn't watering it down, it's actually making it tougher.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te coin flip is why it's watered down, it actually presents a situation that favors the team that wins the toss. I am okay with keeping the toss only adding that if a team scores a TD there is an ensuing kickoff and the other team has a chance with the ball. As I stated earlier neither team won in regulation the both deserve a shot with the ball. I can't fathom how this is bad.
100% agree with this.
Especially in light of such a high scoring game that so obviously favored both offenses over both defenses.

And yes, I felt the Falcons deserved a shot in the Super Bowl as well.