• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media are dicks. The Bills were an incomplete pass from winning. Would they still be asked if they were embarrassed if they had actually scored the TD at the end of the game and won?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some not too stupid news.

Just rented a beach house in Palm City Beach Florida for January and February. First time I haven't been up here in NE since 1972 during the two coldest and snowyest months. Went on Amazon and bought myself a laptop so I can keep abreast of the Hoop Talk during the critical playoff period. Will be leaving Jan. 1 and driving down and should be back Mar. 1.

I can't keep walking 3-4 miles every other day up here in 34 degree temps that will be surely dropping. I'll miss the Jags because I'll be on the road, but will get the Dolphins on the 9th. Then it's the playoffs. What could be better? Patriots winning the Super Bowl against the Bucs on a Florida beach listening to the locals collapsing and moaning as the new legend removes the old one.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th
The media are dicks. The Bills were an incomplete pass from winning. Would they still be asked if they were embarrassed if they had actually scored the TD at the end of the game and won?
They were also one bad call from being actually embarrassed.
Or one Harry stumble into the ball away from being embarrassed.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th

They were also one bad call from being actually embarrassed.
Or one Harry stumble into the ball away from being embarrassed.

True BUT were you certain they weren't going to score and win the game at the end there? I sure as hell wasn't.

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit it but I even covered my eyes on both 3rd and 4th downs. :)

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True BUT were you certain they weren't going to score and win the game at the end there? I sure as hell wasn't.

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit it but I even covered my eyes on both 3rd and 4th downs. :)
Yeah...no.

Anybodies game right up until that last time out.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way to soon.

Ouch, thinking the press didn't make any friends with that question.

Did you listen to the end?

Yup, they will remember that

That is horrible. The Bills played there asses off and he's right one long run made the difference.
The Pats O stomped all over the Bills. The Bills got beat... Getting beat is no reason to be embarrassed. Maybe their coaches should be a little embarrassed. Yeah, the score was closer than what the game seemed but the Pats controlled all aspects of the clock which is huge.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters can say what they want but in truth it was the one long run and yeah I know the Pats are being viewed as perfectly executing the play but that's what is expected at this level. And while people are talking smack about the Harry misque ( and it was a misque) they sure are avoiding his block on the one big play.

Also Buffalo falling apart in the RZ is as much about Buffalo as it was NE. Both teams played hard not sure how anyone can think NE dominated Buff, that damn sure wasn't the game I watched.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Patriots played a near perfect game in miserable winds and there was little to bitch about, the naysayers have a new thing:

"Bill Belichick doesn't trust Mac Jones' arm."

Yep. Mac only threw three passes, completed two, but only threw three. Even with the wind at his back, Bill would not let him throw the ball. Of course they had every excuse in the world for Josh Allen who attempted thirty passes and completed 15 for 145 yards. Bills also had only 99 yards rushing, but Allen had 6 rushes for 39 of those yards. Basically, Allen was the hero and Mac Jones was the flop.

Then again, Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde got pissed after the game because the media asked them why no one could stop the Patriots running attack when they knew that the Patriots would not throw the ball. They walked off bitching at the guy who asked the question.

Hey guys, it's all about knowing how to handle success and failure. You had one successful season since 1994 and your season is falling apart and your pissed at the media? How about looking inward and being pissed at your coach who spent most of the game bitching at officials instead of trying to adjust to what the Patriots were doing? 10 guys at the line of scrimmage and one safety back 12 yards? Your lucky that the Patriots didn't break 5, 68 yard runs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters can say what they want but in truth it was the one long run and yeah I know the Pats are being viewed as perfectly executing the play but that's what is expected at this level. And while people are talking smack about the Harry misque ( and it was a misque) they sure are avoiding his block on the one big play.

Also Buffalo falling apart in the RZ is as much about Buffalo as it was NE. Both teams played hard not sure how anyone can think NE dominated Buff, that damn sure wasn't the game I watched.
NEs Oline dominated the LOS without a doubt. That can't even be up for discussion.

You could argue NEs D dominated the potent Buffalo offense.

If not for the Harry mishap this game likely isn't close as Buffalo couldn't move the ball all night.

People have been talking about Harry's blocking for weeks. That wham block didn't go unnoticed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Patriots played a near perfect game in miserable winds and there was little to bitch about, the naysayers have a new thing:

"Bill Belichick doesn't trust Mac Jones' arm."

Yep. Mac only threw three passes, completed two, but only threw three. Even with the wind at his back, Bill would not let him throw the ball. Of course they had every excuse in the world for Josh Allen who attempted thirty passes and completed 15 for 145 yards. Bills also had only 99 yards rushing, but Allen had 6 rushes for 39 of those yards. Basically, Allen was the hero and Mac Jones was the flop.

Then again, Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde got pissed after the game because the media asked them why no one could stop the Patriots running attack when they knew that the Patriots would not throw the ball. They walked off bitching at the guy who asked the question.

Hey guys, it's all about knowing how to handle success and failure. You had one successful season since 1994 and your season is falling apart and your pissed at the media? How about looking inward and being pissed at your coach who spent most of the game bitching at officials instead of trying to adjust to what the Patriots were doing? 10 guys at the line of scrimmage and one safety back 12 yards? Your lucky that the Patriots didn't break 5, 68 yard runs.
McDermott needs to be careful. He's close to losing that locker room.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott needs to be careful. He's close to losing that locker room.
He certainly didn't impress anyone with his post game press conference saying that it wasn't Bill Belichick's coaching. He said that Bills did everything right but the results don't show it.

This is what happens when you take an opponent very lightly and expect them to roll over for you.

Here's the real problem for McDermott: He's got the Bucs in Tampa this week. Then he has to take the Bills to Foxboro. He knows that his team cannot stop the Patriots running game so he's going to work his ass off getting them prepared. BUT......He doesn't have a clue as to what Mac Jones can do against his team and they've never faced Mac Jones. It will be the day after Christmas. Where are the Bills going to spend Christmas day? In a hotel in Patriots' Place? Home with families and having to cut dinner short to catch a plane to Foxboro for game on the 26th?

The Bills are not going to be able to just flick a switch and suddenly go from home for the Holiday to cracking the Patriots' game plan in Gillette overnight. If they lose against the Bucs, they'll have to deal with the pesky Quarterbackless Panthers. Trying to get their shit together between this past Sunday, a game they'll probably lose against the Bucs, the Panthers, Christmas and playing the Patriots in Gillette will be like trying to climb Mt. Everest in a day.