• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats beat up on the terrible Jets, had a good game against the Chargers and beat a Carolina team team that isn't very good (and barely showed up) and that makes them hot?

yes.
Patriots are a fake fumble and a doink from being 7 - 2

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats beat up on the terrible Jets, had a good game against the Chargers and beat a Carolina team team that isn't very good (and barely showed up) and that makes them hot?

Pats are playing up to their competition. They had very good chances at beating both TB and Dallas. Carolina was 4-4 going into this game as well. Beat the teams you are supposed to beat and go from there.

No not NEs best game. But they are definitely trending up.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are playing up to their competition. They had very good chances at beating both TB and Dallas. Carolina was 4-4 going into this game as well. Beat the teams you are supposed to beat and go from there.

No not NEs best game. But they are definitely trending up.
I completely agree. But trending up and "Hot" aren't the same.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes.
Patriots are a fake fumble and a doink from being 7 - 2
True, but they are what their record says they are which is a team that has beaten only 1 good team. But the trend certainly looks good.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch The Clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four Hours To GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBJ will or will not be claimed by 4:00 PM TODAY!!!!

Only seven teams have the cap space and three of them are behind the Patriots.

All indications are that no team will submit a claim and OBJ will become a free agent because there are two things. The first is that any team that claims him will have to pay $7.5M for a 8 or 9 game rental. Second, OBJ has pretty much told all teams that he wants to play for BB. Look for OBJ to sign with the Patriots foe $1.75M around 4:30 PM today.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch The Clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four Hours To GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBJ will or will not be claimed by 4:00 PM TODAY!!!!

Only seven teams have the cap space and three of them are behind the Patriots.

All indications are that no team will submit a claim and OBJ will become a free agent because there are two things. The first is that any team that claims him will have to pay $7.5M for a 8 or 9 game rental. Second, OBJ has pretty much told all teams that he wants to play for BB. Look for OBJ to sign with the Patriots foe $1.75M around 4:30 PM today.
and the Pats won't be claiming him (imo).... Signing as a free agent, sure but claiming and paying $7.5 mill?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the Pats won't be claiming him (imo).... Signing as a free agent, sure but claiming and paying $7.5 mill?
No one will claim him. 90 minutes to go and the waivers have pretty much been cleared by now. It'll be interesting to see if the Jets make a last minute claim to keep him off the Patriots and then more interesting to see if HE reports.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will claim him. 90 minutes to go and the waivers have pretty much been cleared by now. It'll be interesting to see if the Jets make a last minute claim to keep him off the Patriots and then more interesting to see if HE reports.
Why would the Jets care if he was picked up by the Patriots?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. But trending up and "Hot" aren't the same.
Hot is subjective.

They are one of the hottest teams winning 4 out of their last five.

Watching them play does not leave you with the adjective of hot I agree.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot is subjective.

They are one of the hottest teams winning 4 out of their last five.

Watching them play does not leave you with the adjective of hot I agree.
Sure, but this is in stupid news because, like a lot of the stuff here, the subjective use of hot was in essence "click bait"... Again 4 out of five were Jets Houston, Panthers and then a good one, the Chargers.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the complaint. The rule on punts is clear, when the ball passes the LOS it becomes a live ball for the receiving team. If you touch it, you better possess it no differently than a returner. Jerry Jones is bothered because his initial happiness turned into disappointment... Oh boohoo.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not stupid, but very Scary ! ! !

Doctor is lecturing about the digestive system and how it works.
Your digestive system can do two things with the food you eat. Turn it into energy or turn it into fat, but it cannot do both. If you feel tired and lethargic and your putting on weight, your digestive system is turning everything into fat.
#1 enemy of thye human digestive system is high fructose corn syrup. Our bodies can't process it or most of the chemical preservatives in our food.

Here's the scary thing. A man's wife put a fall coat in a closet in their basement after he wore it to an October World Series game. He never wore again until she found it last month. Guess what was in the pocket along with the WS stub? A McDonald's Hamburger in the same wrap. Here's the scary part. It looked exactly like the day he bought it. He went to McD and bought another one and the 14 year old burger looked better than the fresh one.

I've lost 55 lbs over the past 10 months and stuff like this scares the shit out of me. I can't believe how much of that stuff I've eaten in my life. Maybe the preservatives are preserving me.

Then she said not to eat yogurt unless you read the label and are sure that it's not fully pasturized or it's like eating pure sugar and corn syrup. It all geared toward kids and they tell everyone how healthy it is and then chemically screw t up.

That's my stupid scary story of the day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your digestive system can do two things with the food you eat. Turn it into energy or turn it into fat, but it cannot do both. If you feel tired and lethargic and your putting on weight, your digestive system is turning everything into fat.
#1 enemy of thye human digestive system is high fructose corn syrup. Our bodies can't process it or most of the chemical preservatives in our food.

Here's the scary thing. A man's wife put a fall coat in a closet in their basement after he wore it to an October World Series game. He never wore again until she found it last month. Guess what was in the pocket along with the WS stub? A McDonald's Hamburger in the same wrap. Here's the scary part. It looked exactly like the day he bought it. He went to McD and bought another one and the 14 year old burger looked better than the fresh one.

I've lost 55 lbs over the past 10 months and stuff like this scares the shit out of me. I can't believe how much of that stuff I've eaten in my life. Maybe the preservatives are preserving me.

Then she said not to eat yogurt unless you read the label and are sure that it's not fully pasturized or it's like eating pure sugar and corn syrup. It all geared toward kids and they tell everyone how healthy it is and then chemically screw t up.

Some truth...some not.
The digestive system does just that, digests. it breaks food down and dissolves it so it can be absorbed into the blood stream. Once in the blood stream different factors decide whether those nutrients are to be used or stored. And yes, your body can use and store at the same time.

And yes, HFCS is poison, as are artificial sweeteners and many other things.

I have been doing an 80/20 diet. Be good 80% of the time, eat like an asshole 20%. Meaning give yourself a reward once in a while. a chocolate chip cookie or two, a few beers, whatever. Don't beat yourself up over not enjoying food then fall off the wagon. I have lost 20 lbs so far.
Stay away from all processed foods, avoid sugar, but you don't need to eliminate "real sugar", avoid most starches, increase protein.
Intermittent fasting and add a lot of electrolytes. Most mass produced harvested food has been grown in soil that has had the vast majority of nutrients stripped from it, so even if you are eating "Healthy" you are not getting the full benefit.

Cottage cheese has more protein and less sugar than yogurt...

Who the fuck forgets a hamburger in their pocket?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought things like arsenic and cyanide were a bigger threat. Who new?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's less about the bad stuff you eat and more about the good stuff you are not eating. Eat tons of stuff like different veggies and high fiber foods and your system has resources to fight almost everything else it encounters, between loading up on nutrients and sweeping the system clean. Add to it, if you are loading up on good food you have less room for other foods that aren't healthy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buy plain unflavored yogurt. Very simple. If you want fruit flavor, add fruit to plain yogurt.
About the burger, years ago absolutely everything you ate at restaurants was laced with preservatives.
For many years I could not go out to eat. Many foods are now available. Many but not all. I have to be careful. I can't ask a waitress if the salad has been treated with sodium metabisulfite. It is treated by supplier and the restaurant never knows.

Being pasteurized is not a problem. There are no additives in pasteurization process. You won't get any probiotics but they are easy to get. Your body will produce them with a little help. Drink an unfiltered beer if you are so inclined. eat some kimchee, probiotics you buy off the shelf are usually dead. If you eat beans and fart, your body is doing well.