• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I lost something - my phone. I found it in the refrigerator.

Baby, is that you?

Haha. You sound like my wife. Every time she loses her keys or her phone I tell her to check the fridge, freezer, and microwave to start because she'll most likely find it there. She can lose shit that you didn't even think was possible to lose.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked seeing Bill challenging the call. Too often he goes into halftime or the end of the game with a challenge left in his pocket.

About time he took a chance.

Not every call needs to have a 90+ % analytical success rate before making the call.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking my other fob to the Lincoln dealer tomorrow so they can check to see if it's in stock or has to be ordered.

Don't ask me how.

My wife was up to her sister's helping her move out of her lake house, which she sold with four other lakefront lots for $1.5M. Somehow moving the Lincoln around, she tore off the passenger side rear door handle. The handle came in last week and they had to match the "white" color my MKT is. They're replacing it Friday. If the fob isn't in stock, they'll hopefully have it by Friday when they put the new handle on the car.

And you think things move mysteriously around your house?

I figure I'll be lucky to get out of the keyfob/door handle mysteries for under $500.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a kid I lost five bucks and my world was over. The next year I put my winter coat on and found it in the pocket... I had found a fortune.
I did that with a $20 back in 1981. Put the coat on when some friends invited me to go to the Essex fair on a night that I had no money. Stuck my hand in the pocket from the year before and all of a sudden I was the richest one!
I'll never forget that feeling!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple fix.

All players who did the deed and banned from participating in HS sports forever.

The coach of the team is fired and if he's a teacher, he's fired again. No place for that bullshit in the educational system.

Three major things result:

1. Females will feel safer participating in any sport activity.
2. Message sent to athletes nationwide that sexual harassment can destroy your future.
3. Idiots coaches (teachers?) will get the message that there things that the NEA cannot and will not protect you from.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple fix.

All players who did the deed and banned from participating in HS sports forever.

The coach of the team is fired and if he's a teacher, he's fired again. No place for that bullshit in the educational system.

Three major things result:

1. Females will feel safer participating in any sport activity.
2. Message sent to athletes nationwide that sexual harassment can destroy your future.
3. Idiots coaches (teachers?) will get the message that there things that the NEA cannot and will not protect you from.
You can't fire the coach unless he encouraged the behavior. The actions were in the crowd. But there's enough culpability within the crowd for either participating or not intervening, so you ban the entire home crowd for the season and maybe even up to five seasons.

The refs should have stopped the action immediately. The opposing coach should have pulled his team off the ice. The home coach should have pulled his team off the ice. It was a complete clusterfuck of wrongness.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't fire the coach unless he encouraged the behavior. The actions were in the crowd. But there's enough culpability within the crowd for either participating or not intervening, so you ban the entire home crowd for the season and maybe even up to five seasons.

The refs should have stopped the action immediately. The opposing coach should have pulled his team off the ice. The home coach should have pulled his team off the ice. It was a complete clusterfuck of wrongness.
I had to re-read the article, as I initially thought players were involved. Evidently not.

During a Thursday game between Pittsburgh-area Armstrong High School and Mars Hockey Club, a number of Armstrong students participated in sexually explicit chants directed at a female goaltender on the Mars team, leaving the unnamed goaltender in tears.
As a subsequent result of the chants, all Armstrong students have been banned from attending hockey games, while the students who allegedly participated in the chants may face further disciplinary action.

But you if you are an Armstrong student there will no longer be access to hockey games, whether you participated or not.
But I agree with BK, if an athlete participated, they should be banned and face suspension. Students who participated should face suspension.
If athletes participated and the coach did nothing to stop it, he should be fired as a coach and certainly face discipline if he is a teacher as well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm floored by this one... While we do share vulgar humor here, this is so, so wrong...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to re-read the article, as I initially thought players were involved. Evidently not.

During a Thursday game between Pittsburgh-area Armstrong High School and Mars Hockey Club, a number of Armstrong students participated in sexually explicit chants directed at a female goaltender on the Mars team, leaving the unnamed goaltender in tears.
As a subsequent result of the chants, all Armstrong students have been banned from attending hockey games, while the students who allegedly participated in the chants may face further disciplinary action.

But you if you are an Armstrong student there will no longer be access to hockey games, whether you participated or not.
But I agree with BK, if an athlete participated, they should be banned and face suspension. Students who participated should face suspension.
If athletes participated and the coach did nothing to stop it, he should be fired as a coach and certainly face discipline if he is a teacher as well.
Kids are stupid... It's in the DNA. I'm torn on this. Maybe an extensive community service, sanctioned by the opposing school be the right way to go. Certainly nothing that's shaming (nobody needs to be shamed for being stupid), but something that goes toward redeeming the actions.

Let's not act like vulgarity isn't encouraged throughout our culture. This is an opportunity to highlight there's a difference between what you see through entertainment and even politics and acting it out. Also, there are lines not to be crossed for the sake of a win in everything but warfare.

It blows me away that this persisted in the presence of true adults and no action was taken to intervene. That girl shouldn't be offended, she should be dumbfounded.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is out for the next 10 Days. He's unvaccinated and has tested positive for Covid.

That's news and he's stipid.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is out for the next 10 Days. He's unvaccinated and has tested positive for Covid.

That's news and he's stipid.
We can define stipid as even more stupid than stupid. AR is stipid.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids are stupid... It's in the DNA. I'm torn on this. Maybe an extensive community service, sanctioned by the opposing school be the right way to go. Certainly nothing that's shaming (nobody needs to be shamed for being stupid), but something that goes toward redeeming the actions.

Let's not act like vulgarity isn't encouraged throughout our culture. This is an opportunity to highlight there's a difference between what you see through entertainment and even politics and acting it out. Also, there are lines not to be crossed for the sake of a win in everything but warfare.

It blows me away that this persisted in the presence of true adults and no action was taken to intervene. That girl shouldn't be offended, she should be dumbfounded.

Holy shit. I listened to the audio. I'm blown away. Why the fuck are people so fucking cruel?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. I listened to the audio. I'm blown away. Why the fuck are people so fucking cruel?
You are correct though, you need to here the audio to feel the effect. I went to the audio before knowing what they were saying and the chant alone was disturbing, but when I read the words it was eerie.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats beat up on the terrible Jets, had a good game against the Chargers and beat a Carolina team team that isn't very good (and barely showed up) and that makes them hot?