• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is 2 inches taller or can leap 2 inches higher that's a catch-able ball. I don't think it's fair to hold his height against him. That literally hit his fingertips, not his hands, his fingertips.
We all see what we see. I see what at first looks like a full extension, but video can be deceptive. When he goes to land his legs straighten and he doesn't seem to have leapt high at all. It seems more like he mistimes it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just not true. While yes, most players want more, players who scream "pay me" are broadcasting to their co-workers that they are better than everyone else. Negotiations are best behind closed doors, not just for the organization, but for all parties involved.

Agenda here does not mean, based on an organized list. It means trying to push a false narrative, unless you think BB is a middling coach, then it would mean an organized list.
I don't ever remember Asante screaming he was better than everybody else.

It's not a false narrative its an opinion. Like I said to many Pats fans get their thong's in a twist when comments are made about the Pats, its both cute and annoying.

But we all know how I feel, the Pats cheated to win difference is I don't give a shit that they cheated because I am convinced all teams cheat and we just suck at it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever remember Asante screaming he was better than everybody else.
I never wrote he said it. I wrote that action of screaming for more money infers he thinks he's better. In a salary cap scenario more money for one player means less for others.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no issues with Samuel and have no issues with his comments. Some Pats fans get a knot in their diaper every time a former Pat's player utters a discouraging word. Kinda immature IMO.
For the record, I'm always on your side with these situations. Just because I am critical of these specific comments does not mean I'm a thin skinned fan.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few interesting facts:

Tom Brady 2001
11-3
264/413 63.9%
2843 yards
41 sacks
18 TDs
12 INT

That was Brady's first year as a starter and he got hurt and Drew Bledsoe had to take over for 2 games.

This was a year where BB stacked the D and pieced together the offense

It resulted in the first SB Trophy in New England history.

It almost appears that Belichick has repeated what he did in 2001. The only difference is that Mac Jones will not get a full year under Bledsoe or anyone else. Let's come back in February and compare the first year stats of Mac to Tom's.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom Brady 2001
11-3
264/413 63.9%
2843 yards
41 sacks
18 TDs
12 INT

That was Brady's first year as a starter and he got hurt and Drew Bledsoe had to take over for 2 games.

It almost appears that Belichick has repeated what he did in 2001. The only difference is that Mac Jones will not get a full year under Bledsoe or anyone else. Let's come back in February and compare the first year stats of Mac to Tom's.
Bledsoe did not take over for two games. He played for slightly longer than a half game in the AFCCG. Even in that game Drew gets way more credit than he deserves. Special teams was the performer of that game. A punt return for a TD by Troy Brown, then a blocked feel goal scooped by Brown an lateralled to Antawn Harris for another TD was the story of that game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom Brady 2001
11-3
264/413 63.9%
2843 yards
41 sacks
18 TDs
12 INT

I was sitting at a bar in Reno, Nevada early that season. Got to talking about football. Ravens were the then favored #1 defense in football.
I made the statement that the Patriots had the best all-around defense in NFL. Turns out the bartender was a Patriot fan and had put a $1000 bet on Patriots to win the SB ay 60 - 1. He stood to collect $60,000 if they won. They did! Never saw him again but I can imagine him watching that SB
During that SB, Brady amazed everybody - but the real heros were the defense. They hit the Rams hard on every catch or miss. They hit them so hard they did not want the ball going their way. The unbeatable "greatest show on turf" had been smacked in the mouth!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bledsoe started two games that season. Game# 1 loss to the Bengals. Game# 2 loss to the Jets(the Moe Lewis game).

Other than that, Bledsoe finished the AFCCG against the Steelers and didn't play in any other games. Everybody remembers him driving for a TD. I remember him nearly blowing that game.

Bledsoe didn't start any games while Brady was hurt as Brady got hurt halfway through the AFCCG and started the Super Bowl thew following week. The Super Bowl was one week after the AFCCG game that year due to the shortened season.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe started two games that season. Game# 1 loss to the Bengals. Game# 2 loss to the Jets(the Moe Lewis game).

Other than that, Bledsoe finished the AFCCG against the Steelers and didn't play in any other games. Everybody remembers him driving for a TD. I remember him nearly blowing that game.

Bledsoe didn't start any games while Brady was hurt as Brady got hurt halfway through the AFCCG and started the Super Bowl thew following week. The Super Bowl was one week after the AFCCG game that year due to the shortened season.
Bledsoe was a fine Patriot but burned out early. It drives me nuts when people inflate his value especially revising the AFCCG to the point that he saved the game. Also, giving him credit for sitting quietly behind Brady.... He didn't "sit" quietly, he brooded quietly the whole time. Now I do give him "credit" for not being a massive douche and it does seem he was a reliable sounding board for Brady too. But, Bledsoe's time was over before he signed that last massive contract before the 2001 season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your correct. I was thinking about the leg/foot injury and forgot that it ws the year that Bledsoe nearly died from the hit.
My intentioN oF the post was to remind everyone that Brady wasn't the GOAT in 2001 and actually had a pretty rough year oiverall.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your correct. I was thinking about the leg/foot injury and forgot that it ws the year that Bledsoe nearly died from the hit.
My intentioN oF the post was to remind everyone that Brady wasn't the GOAT in 2001 and actually had a pretty rough year oiverall.

Point well taken. Sorry but my hatred of Bledsoe has me remembering quite vividly every minute detail of his existence in NE. Hell, I was rallying for Michael Bishop to take over. I really hated Bledsoe and his weekly "heroics" that always fell short of a victory.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he sucked that year. Let's hope Mac can suck all the way to a SB championship too.

Brady didn't have a rough year. He had a damn good one for an unexpected first year starter playing under 2001 rules. He didn't have a great line, his running game was mostly poor with good timing for stepping up when urgency struck. He also had smurfs for WRs. Of course those smurfs were Troy Brown and David Patten who completely feasted on Brady's playmaking, but make no mistake, Brady's playmaking brought the best out of them.

Last edited:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It drives me nuts when people inflate his value especially revising the AFCCG to the point that he saved the game.

Me too. HIs job is to move the offense and score points and everybody acts as if that one drive was the game winner. Bledsoe nearly lost us that game several times after that TD drive. That game was won by all three phases but special teams killed it that game(Troy Brown return for a TD sticks out).

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point well taken. Sorry but my hatred of Bledsoe has me remembering quite vividly every minute detail of his existence in NE. Hell, I was rallying for Michael Bishop to take over. I really hated Bledsoe and his weekly "heroics" that always fell short of a victory.
While I didn't hate it, I recognized it and was exhausted by it too. I really didn't appreciate what Brady was doing until the Pittsburg game opening the next season, but I had no reservations about BB sticking with TB.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. HIs job is to move the offense and score points and everybody acts as if that one drive was the game winner. Bledsoe nearly lost us that game several times after that TD drive. That game was won by all three phases but special teams killed it that game(Troy Brown return for a TD sticks out).
Even that first drive he had for the Patten TD started at midfield. While I didn't think he nearly cost us the game, I did think he played like a backup.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe tough year by todays standards. It used to be rare for teams to get 13 -14 wins. Now it is expected.
Patriots scored 371 points. Not great by today's standards but only Packers, 49ers, Oakland and Rams had more.
Rookie Qb getting in the top 5 in points scored is pretty damn good!
Like to see that happen again!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.... I guess I'm the exception. I liked Bledsoe alot. We could have had Rick Mirer.
Don't get me wrong. Bledsoe was great for the first third to half of his career. Then he just burned out. They could have won several more games in 2000 if he stopped treating defenses like they were bears (just stand there until they lose interest). Then when he did manage to stay engaged he would break off plays and force the ball to a place it didn't belong.