• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samuel skids his BVDs every time he thinks about the Patriots and the fact that BB refused to bend over and drive the Brinks dump truck to his front door.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An absolutely significant trade where Jacksonville trades a player for a massive haul of a sixth round draft pick!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is ranking the ages even relevant when the gap from youngest to oldest is less than two years?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he had to watch the helmet catch... Well, he didn't HAVE to watch it, he could have helped breakup the play instead.
Ding, Ding, Ding.... We now know where the phrase "just do your job comes from"... I'm pretty sure it's a phrase BB would SCREAM at him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding, Ding, Ding.... We now know where the phrase "just do your job comes from"... I'm pretty sure it's a phrase BB would SCREAM at him.
Moss could have made a stronger play for the ball as well.

At least Asante jumped

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an old saying that the reason they are CB's instead of WR's is because they can't catch.
That said, Samuel was a great CB for us that had one ball that he leapt for bounce off his fingertips.
Fingertips.
Not the palms of his hands, the fingertips of only his right hand. Not a dropped pass because he never got his hands on it.
Maybe that was when Bill learned that a fleet of 5'9" CB's was not the best defensive game plan and a couple 6'0" may help too.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no issues with Samuel and have no issues with his comments. Some Pats fans get a knot in their diaper every time a former Pat's player utters a discouraging word. Kinda immature IMO.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people who can't deal with not being in the bright lights anymore. Many of them live on Twitter or facebook because they have 'followings' and it gives them an immediate ability to jump back into the spotlight. For those who don't dwell in the social media throng, these people have a hell of a lot less meaning. Assante has a kid who got drafted this year by the Chargers and it woke up his fingers.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an old saying that the reason they are CB's instead of WR's is because they can't catch.
That said, Samuel was a great CB for us that had one ball that he leapt for bounce off his fingertips.
Fingertips.
Not the palms of his hands, the fingertips of only his right hand. Not a dropped pass because he never got his hands on it.
Maybe that was when Bill learned that a fleet of 5'9" CB's was not the best defensive game plan and a couple 6'0" may help too.
Wow, Where'd you find a doctored replay showing that? It doinked off his knuckles (both hands) as he was jumping for it. He didn't get his fingers opened to complete the catch. While it was a little high, it was completely catchable.

I had no issues with Samuel and have no issues with his comments. Some Pats fans get a knot in their diaper every time a former Pat's player utters a discouraging word. Kinda immature IMO.
I don't have issues with players speaking their genuine minds, just those with an obvious agenda for it. Many guys have stated they didn't enjoy their Patriot time. I can see that. My issue with Samuel is the BB system served him well and he was always whining "pay me". But when he was set loose and collected his pay he wasn't as good. The BB system enable him to get paid but he holds a grudge because BB wasn't the one who paid him. His first couple of good seasons with Philly were decent, then he became average.

Does anybody think BB would have won 6 SB titles without TB? Probably very few. Does anybody think BB is "just another coach"? Again, maybe a few.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Harrison (Patriots Safety): Asante Samuel had the best hands on the field – him and Randy Moss, period. He never drops an interception. He never drops any passes because he feels like that's money to him, you know what I mean. It was a lot of uncharacteristic things that happened to us in that game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Where'd you find a doctored replay showing that? It doinked off his knuckles (both hands) as he was jumping for it. He didn't get his fingers opened to complete the catch. While it was a little high, it was completely catchable.

I don't have issues with players speaking their genuine minds, just those with an obvious agenda for it. Many guys have stated they didn't enjoy their Patriot time. I can see that. My issue with Samuel is the BB system served him well and he was always whining "pay me". But when he was set loose and collected his pay he wasn't as good. The BB system enable him to get paid but he holds a grudge because BB wasn't the one who paid him. His first couple of good seasons with Philly were decent, then he became average.

Does anybody think BB would have won 6 SB titles without TB? Probably very few. Does anybody think BB is "just another coach"? Again, maybe a few.
So he hollered what every player hollers and you take exception to that? Every player wants more pay. And why would anyone speak out that does not have an agenda? I have bigger issues with people speaking out that do not have an agenda!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Harrison (Patriots Safety): Asante Samuel had the best hands on the field – him and Randy Moss, period. He never drops an interception. He never drops any passes because he feels like that's money to him, you know what I mean. It was a lot of uncharacteristic things that happened to us in that game.

If he is 2 inches taller or can leap 2 inches higher that's a catch-able ball. I don't think it's fair to hold his height against him. That literally hit his fingertips, not his hands, his fingertips.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a much better resolution video than the one I found...that was restricted by the NFL.
stop the video about the 25 second mark and quickly click play/pause so you can almost play it frame by frame.
You can clearly see his outstretched fingers on both hands and, ball bounces of his right finger tips.

If you can't see that, it's only because you don't want to.
And if that's the case, whatever. Whatever puts you to sleep at night.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he hollered what every player hollers and you take exception to that? Every player wants more pay. And why would anyone speak out that does not have an agenda? I have bigger issues with people speaking out that do not have an agenda!
That's just not true. While yes, most players want more, players who scream "pay me" are broadcasting to their co-workers that they are better than everyone else. Negotiations are best behind closed doors, not just for the organization, but for all parties involved.

Agenda here does not mean, based on an organized list. It means trying to push a false narrative, unless you think BB is a middling coach, then it would mean an organized list.

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a much better resolution video than the one I found...that was restricted by the NFL.
stop the video about the 25 second mark and quickly click play/pause so you can almost play it frame by frame.
You can clearly see his outstretched fingers on both hands and, ball bounces of his right finger tips.

If you can't see that, it's only because you don't want to.
And if that's the case, whatever. Whatever puts you to sleep at night.
Don't get me wrong (despite the obvious sarcasm in my last post), I'm sure you see what you see... I see a guy who could have leapt higher and gotten both hands on it. And yes, that video is better than the one I was reviewing too.