• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen "selling" in the rule book. Again, like dangerous hits, punishment (or not to punish) can be decided based on severity and frequency. The overall point is to discourage bad actors, pun intended because it's difficult to determine any issue with a good actor.
I'm with Reb.
If there is even inadvertent contact and you can sell it as roughing the passer or kicker or Pass Interference turn it into 5 yards, 15 yards, spot of the foul and maybe a 1st down...all part of the game if it goes your way.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but selling actually isn't part of the game. It's a form of cheating. Okay, if you are a QB and you are actually roughed and act to ensure a call, that may not be gaining an advantage, but Allen did in fact cheat to get a call. I know "selling" is seen as savvy, but is it? How's it different than any other method of taking an outside the play action to gain a better result? Why's it different than a sideline player tripping a player on the field?
But if a QB flops, even if he doesn't sell it, it may cause the ref to put more scrutiny on different players and maybe get a call next time around.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The calls for Allen were just a bit questionable. He has no issue taking off and running with the ball like a RB. He'll slide 85% of the time or run out of bounds. He got pushed and spun around like he'd be hit with a bat and got the call.

In the fourth quarter, Mac got spun to the ground by a Bill (Elayser??) after he threw a pass, not during the motion and there was no flag. Allen would have gotten the flag and the extra fifteen yards.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he did not cheat to get a call, how did he cheat? Since when is embellishing the contact illegal? What rule is that?
Did he intentionally gain an advantage his team did not earn? That's cheating.

Did he or did he not take an action with the intent to deceive? Did he gain an advantage because of that deception? Probably, but did he deceive to try to gain an advantage? Yes.

Had Mac done this Would I feel the same? Yes. Am I outraged? No.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if a QB flops, even if he doesn't sell it, it may cause the ref to put more scrutiny on different players and maybe get a call next time around.
You present my argument right here. First it makes it more difficult for refs which leads them to have more control over the outcome.

I 100% agree with YR's point about game stoppage, and post game penalties are limp noodles. However, plays could be reviewed concurrent to play resuming, then assessed as unsportmanship penalties at that next play stoppage, Then after the next first down the team originally assesses the penalty gets there initial yards lost back. I'd say giving a 30 yard consequence all at once would be difficult. Meanwhile, if a score happens the score could come off the board with the 30 yards assessed at once along with play resuming at first down. If the team burned by the deception scores before the review concludes then only the unsportmanship penalty needs to be enforced.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he intentionally gain an advantage his team did not earn? That's cheating.

Did he or did he not take an action with the intent to deceive? Did he gain an advantage because of that deception? Probably, but did he deceive to try to gain an advantage? Yes.

Had Mac done this Would I feel the same? Yes. Am I outraged? No.
No that is no cheating, not sure why you are making shit up? So when a RB jukes left then breaks right is that not an intent to deceive? Let it go, you are wrong. Morally wrong and illegal are two very different things

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that is no cheating, not sure why you are making shit up? So when a RB jukes left then breaks right is that not an intent to deceive? Let it go, you are wrong. Morally wrong and illegal are two very different things
Yeah - The intent of the game is to deceive the other team with actions on the field, not deceive the officials manipulating rules added to the game for player safety. You're comparing apples to a shit sandwich. You have the third part correct and in the real world what starts as morally wrong often becomes law. Pyramid and ponzi schemes were once morally wrong but legal.

As for my opinion, my comments regarding in game penalties for faking weren't meant to be taken literally as a recommendation. Clearly those actions are too much. But there could be a remedy offered when replays show obvious mistakes and if play hasn't yet resumed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - The intent of the game is to deceive the other team with actions on the field, not deceive the officials manipulating rules added to the game for player safety. You're comparing apples to a shit sandwich. You have the third part correct and in the real world what starts as morally wrong often becomes law. Pyramid and ponzi schemes were once morally wrong but legal.

As for my opinion, my comments regarding in game penalties for faking weren't meant to be taken literally as a recommendation. Clearly those actions are too much. But there could be a remedy offered when replays show obvious mistakes and if play hasn't yet resumed.
You're an idiot and you seem to be okay with being an idiot so I will say this and leave it alone.

1. It's not against the rules/
2. It's not illegal
3. Stop acting like a bitch, man up and admit you are wrong. It won't hurt I promise.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot and you seem to be okay with being an idiot so I will say this and leave it alone.

1. It's not against the rules/
2. It's not illegal
3. Stop acting like a bitch, man up and admit you are wrong. It won't hurt I promise.
Why don't you stop acting like the king who controls all conversations and just not reply to any of it. My comments are completely valid and there is NO right or wrong. It's a discussion.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faking anything in sports is a sort of cheating move. When the officials fall for it, it makes them look equally bad. That's why the NBA put penalties in place for flopping. When a 6'9" 285 lbs power forward looks like he was hit by a train when a 6'1" 175 whistles by him, and gets a charging call, the game takes a hit.

Same when a QB or WR is spinning around on his knees begging for a call when nothing happened.

I agree that football is a contact game. When a DL tackles a QB and gets called for roughing the passer because he didn't try to alter where his weight fell, that's bullshit. Hit him after the ball is out of hand and blindside him is a totally different thing.

Argue about it all day, won't change my opinion.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faking anything in sports is a sort of cheating move. When the officials fall for it, it makes them look equally bad. That's why the NBA put penalties in place for flopping. When a 6'9" 285 lbs power forward looks like he was hit by a train when a 6'1" 175 whistles by him, and gets a charging call, the game takes a hit.

Same when a QB or WR is spinning around on his knees begging for a call when nothing happened.

I agree that football is a contact game. When a DL tackles a QB and gets called for roughing the passer because he didn't try to alter where his weight fell, that's bullshit. Hit him after the ball is out of hand and blindside him is a totally different thing.

Argue about it all day, won't change my opinion.
Well then there is no need to argue it?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You present my argument right here. First it makes it more difficult for refs which leads them to have more control over the outcome.

I 100% agree with YR's point about game stoppage, and post game penalties are limp noodles. However, plays could be reviewed concurrent to play resuming, then assessed as unsportmanship penalties at that next play stoppage, Then after the next first down the team originally assesses the penalty gets there initial yards lost back. I'd say giving a 30 yard consequence all at once would be difficult. Meanwhile, if a score happens the score could come off the board with the 30 yards assessed at once along with play resuming at first down. If the team burned by the deception scores before the review concludes then only the unsportmanship penalty needs to be enforced.
I agree.

And while I sometimes find it frustrating, I also know it's part of the game.

I also believe the league has it's pets that are selling tickets and paraphernalia that get more calls.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit is illegal, against the rules, and morally deplorable. Trying to fool another team to get an edge, Jesus t his games in the shitter now-a-day

What I took from the first 30 seconds of that video is what an annoying piece of wet dog shit Tony Romo is as an announcer.

That guy is just fucking awful.