• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we not put it in plastic pipe or sleeves here in the U.S.

I had mine marked with at least thirty flags and the Landscapers still found a way to dig it up and snap it in two places.
Then the guys redoing my driveway couldn't resist whacking it.
Because people are dumb.

Did you make them get a dig permit? Call 811?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we not put it in plastic pipe or sleeves here in the U.S.

I had mine marked with at least thirty flags and the Landscapers still found a way to dig it up and snap it in two places.
Then the guys redoing my driveway couldn't resist whacking it.
It usually is in conduit. Sure you've got fiber?
I did not know they had fiber to the home down there?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It usually is in conduit. Sure you've got fiber?
I did not know they had fiber to the home down there?
I've got fiber run to my house. Direct bury. About 4" deep.

In Nashville, lawncare companies are now required to get dig permits (Call 811) because fiber optic lines are being cut edging sidewalks.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got fiber run to my house. Direct bury. About 4" deep.
Same here. This time they buried it around the property line, around the house and then to the outside box. I requested that they put it in conduit and offered to pay for it. Nope.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. Not "required". Figure that one out??
Every state is different and I don't know Florida law but every state I have worked in it is required by law.

While working for the Navy, I found that nobody was calling in locates because they did not locate on base.
I ended that practice. It is federal law that if a state has locating services you must call - even on base.
What people don't understand is it is also a reporting requirement.

If you are Joes Electrical Co-op and your lines supply on base, you need to know where a problem originated from - even if you did not cause it and you are not responsible for repair.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every state is different and I don't know Florida law but every state I have worked in it is required by law.
I called and was told that it is not required.

In NH it's a $1000 fine if you don't make the call or your contractor doesn't check to see if you called. Contractors know if you did. Street gets a spray paint marker. Lawn gets spray painted AND flags for Natural Gas and any kind of underground cable. They worry more about gas lines than anything else. been some huge explosions in Mass. over the past ten years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In NH it's a $1000 fine if you don't make the call or your contractor doesn't check to see if you called. Contractors know if you did. Street gets a spray paint marker. Lawn gets spray painted AND flags for Natural Gas and any kind of underground cable. They worry more about gas lines than anything else. been some huge explosions in Mass. over the past ten years.
I have cut a lot of TV cable, occasional phone drops, occasional gas lines. Never Fiber or electric.
PG&E took me to court over a cut gas main. I won the case.
I've never paid a nickel on underground claims because I was careful and did everything correctly.

The trip to court was worth it just to see the look on the PG&E's rep's face - priceless!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Tennessee contractors call.
And a subcontractor needs their own.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this really a record? I've never seen the column for most of anything over the first 20 games (or is it just the "while playing for a new team" part that matters?).
Every stat is now recorded and you can bet that anything that is a new "Record" will be placed out in front of everyone.

The Miami media was screaming for the Dolphins to at least kick a FG and get the all time game scoring record.

Redskins beat the Giants in 1966, 72-41. Most points scored by a team and most points ever scored in a single game.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this and I couldn't help but think...

Sure, Davante Adams would be a great addition!! But then I thought, but if Mac cannot get him the ball, would his addition really add anything at all??? Would DHop have really made any difference?