• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, on a personal note, I went to work today. Kind of an ehh day, so I split at noon. Came home and edged the front lawn around the sidewalk and walk to my front door. I'll mow tomorrow. I have a Kobalt 80V weed wacker and leaf blower. I like them ok, decent power and battery life. Two batteries, so one is always charged. I liked them well enough to buy the sister chainsaw. Now more mixed gas for me.

Yesterday though was good. Sorry I didn't share sooner. We have a Construction Inspector, a step down from what my former position was as Construction Manager. I gave up that position to become Health and Safety Manager so I wouldn't have to travel and could be here to be a dad.
Well this CI kinda did not enforce the installation of marking tape over some newly installed gravity sewer. When he this was discovered by another contractor who dug up and damaged a few sewer laterals and he was questioned about it he said "wasn't in the specs".
At first I didn't doubt him as our design department has dropped the ball many times. But I did probe him a bit as this kinda hit close to home. All construction is still my baby at heart. He said it was included for water lines but not sewer and that he and the sub both thought it should be there.
I kinda stepped across the line and barked at him that it was probably in the contract for the sub to submit an RFI for any obvious oversights and further more he, the CI should have requested an RFI from the sub. Hey, if it's not in the specs it's a $$$ CHANGE ORDER!!!

Then I got to looking, and requested the specs and drawings for that project. As it turned out, it referenced a master set of specs that I helped create for the two Army bases we work on. Haa!!

So, a short story made long...the Project Manager was super elated that I was able to provide the evidence that the sub should have provided and installed both marking tape and the cost to repair the lines will not fall on us...haa, hero for the day.

And guess what...yesterday was the day I had to turn in my yearly self evaluation as related to...RAISES!!!

So good day yesterday.

Again, sorry I didn't post sooner.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said, you did not offend me. I was simply letting you know there is no need to post, solely for the purpose of attention. What would make you think any of care about your medical situations or what you do in a day.
I care about you. I also care about Ken and the rest of my friends and aquaintences here.
I does not bother me if peole share what is going on in their lives here.
Nobody seemed to take offense when I posted about what I was going through with my mother in law.
Some people joked about it. I have joked about Ken's issues here as well.
I am not very patient. If I can overlook this stuff, I bet you can too?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, on a personal note, I went to work today. Kind of an ehh day, so I split at noon. Came home and edged the front lawn around the sidewalk and walk to my front door. I'll mow tomorrow. I have a Kobalt 80V weed wacker and leaf blower. I like them ok, decent power and battery life. Two batteries, so one is always charged. I liked them well enough to buy the sister chainsaw. Now more mixed gas for me.

Yesterday though was good. Sorry I didn't share sooner. We have a Construction Inspector, a step down from what my former position was as Construction Manager. I gave up that position to become Health and Safety Manager so I wouldn't have to travel and could be here to be a dad.
Well this CI kinda did not enforce the installation of marking tape over some newly installed gravity sewer. When he this was discovered by another contractor who dug up and damaged a few sewer laterals and he was questioned about it he said "wasn't in the specs".
At first I didn't doubt him as our design department has dropped the ball many times. But I did probe him a bit as this kinda hit close to home. All construction is still my baby at heart. He said it was included for water lines but not sewer and that he and the sub both thought it should be there.
I kinda stepped across the line and barked at him that it was probably in the contract for the sub to submit an RFI for any obvious oversights and further more he, the CI should have requested an RFI from the sub. Hey, if it's not in the specs it's a $$$ CHANGE ORDER!!!

Then I got to looking, and requested the specs and drawings for that project. As it turned out, it referenced a master set of specs that I helped create for the two Army bases we work on. Haa!!

So, a short story made long...the Project Manager was super elated that I was able to provide the evidence that the sub should have provided and installed both marking tape and the cost to repair the lines will not fall on us...haa, hero for the day.

And guess what...yesterday was the day I had to turn in my yearly self evaluation as related to...RAISES!!!

So good day yesterday.

Again, sorry I didn't post sooner.
I actually enjoyed reading your post. Retired now but previously doing the same work on Navy and Marine Corps sites.
I was very good at it and found it very satisfying to prove a contractor should do something, sometimes even when not spec'd.
Often they are standards of the industry and should still be done or at least RFF'd
I always warned contractors in Pre-construction Meetings, "never surprise me!"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care about you. I also care about Ken and the rest of my friends and aquaintences here.
I does not bother me if peole share what is going on in their lives here.
Nobody seemed to take offense when I posted about what I was going through with my mother in law.
Some people joked about it. I have joked about Ken's issues here as well.
I am not very patient. If I can overlook this stuff, I bet you can too?
Well good for you but in all honesty, I don't really care about your opinion. And None of us know one another to really care. We are all nameless, faceless people on the other side of a keyboard. Nor do I care if someone has a damn dental appointment, medical appointment, or if their mother-in-law is a pain in the ass. You do you, I'll do me.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to bother you the worst.

Again, I apologize for anything I said that offended you.

I'll try not to be personal any further as long as everyone else does the same.

Here on out, no one discusses illness, death, vacation, sexual or preferential choices. Patriots facts and opinions only and NFL news, teams and other NFL discussions.

Fair enough??
Dude, most here provide shot glasses of personal stuff while you dispense with a fire hose. No need for anyone to quit, just know the little posted by most is embraced and supported, but interest get lost with volume.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part about these forums is that they are a place of nameless, faceless, people.

The humorous part of all this is that there are people who express their opinions on a daily basis, and you just can't stand them. You totally dislike a person based on what they express. Others you like and find funny and think that they would be your best friend if they lived three houses away. Oddly enough, they might live five doors away or be your asshole brother-in-law, or worse, your brother.

As we journey through this thing we call life, we make our own decisions about how we will live it. Every one of us has problems. Having a place to throw those problems out for discussion can provide answers that we would never consider. It's also a place to vent frustration that you have no other place to do so.

When you express yourself, others may agree and let you know, which reinforces yourself to you. Others may not and you get angry, frustrated, confused or even a bit hurt. That's life in this nameless, faceless place we know as the Hoop.

Does it matter that you or I could give a shit about someone else's problem? Do we have a problem because we don't give a shit? Here's a question. If we don't give a shit about anything, what the fuck are we doing spending a thousand hours a year in here?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure my grill was over 2k. It's one of those nifty ones that hooks up to the gas line.

I got a Green Egg too and that thing is the BOMB!
Care to enlighten us as too the state of your teeth? (Green font)

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And None of us know one another to really care. We are all nameless, faceless people on the other side of a keyboard.
If the Pats had practiced in Nashville before the last preseason game there was a chance Southie an dI were going to connect.
BK invited me by when I was in New Hampshire but I didn't have time.
I'll be going to Denver next May. I'm going to hit up cdumler for suggestions. Maybe we'll do lunch.

You do you, I'll do me.
By all means.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part about these forums is that they are a place of nameless, faceless, people.

The humorous part of all this is that there are people who express their opinions on a daily basis, and you just can't stand them. You totally dislike a person based on what they express. Others you like and find funny and think that they would be your best friend if they lived three houses away. Oddly enough, they might live five doors away or be your asshole brother-in-law, or worse, your brother.

As we journey through this thing we call life, we make our own decisions about how we will live it. Every one of us has problems. Having a place to throw those problems out for discussion can provide answers that we would never consider. It's also a place to vent frustration that you have no other place to do so.

When you express yourself, others may agree and let you know, which reinforces yourself to you. Others may not and you get angry, frustrated, confused or even a bit hurt. That's life in this nameless, faceless place we know as the Hoop.

Does it matter that you or I could give a shit about someone else's problem? Do we have a problem because we don't give a shit? Here's a question. If we don't give a shit about anything, what the fuck are we doing spending a thousand hours a year in here?
Often times people type or write differently than they speak and sometimes the true intention of what they mean gets lost when tone of voice is not heard or when facial expressions cannot be seen.

If I put my creative mind to it when I write I can tell a story in an entertaining, artful way. Others are much better at just saying "Hey, Good draft this year" or "That player sucked yesterday" in a way that I cannot and it conveys their true feelings.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats had practiced in Nashville before the last preseason game there was a chance Southie an dI were going to connect.
BK invited me by when I was in New Hampshire but I didn't have time.
I'll be going to Denver next May. I'm going to hit up cdumler for suggestions. Maybe we'll do lunch.

By all means.
Well that's wonderful for you but all you did was confirm what I said. We are all still nameless faceless people on the other side of the keyboard.

This is a sportsforum where we mostly discuss sports, of course there is some socialization, we get to know bits and pieces of one another's story, for the most part that's unavoidable. What is avoidable is the amount of personal info we share or feel the board needs to know. I don't see where letting us know one has a dental appointment, or colonoscopy, or plans to visit the grand kids holds any value. In all honesty was your day any less significant b/c someone was not here?

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny must have cried to the Mods to delete his “Life of BK” thread??

Damn

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's wonderful for you but all you did was confirm what I said. We are all still nameless faceless people on the other side of the keyboard.

This is a sportsforum where we mostly discuss sports, of course there is some socialization, we get to know bits and pieces of one another's story, for the most part that's unavoidable. What is avoidable is the amount of personal info we share or feel the board needs to know. I don't see where letting us know one has a dental appointment, or colonoscopy, or plans to visit the grand kids holds any value. In all honesty was your day any less significant b/c someone was not here?
I had my 1st and only colonoscopy while in Japan.
I did not get a sedative. Instead I got to watch the whole trip on a big screen TV
Now that was interesting!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good for you but in all honesty, I don't really care about your opinion. And None of us know one another to really care. We are all nameless, faceless people on the other side of a keyboard. Nor do I care if someone has a damn dental appointment, medical appointment, or if their mother-in-law is a pain in the ass. You do you, I'll do me.
I stand by what I posted.
I care about people here regardless if they care about me or not - even you.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by what I posted.
I care about people here regardless if they care about me or not - even you.
Okay, and that's very Christian of you. I choose a different approach, I don't want to get to know any of any more than what I already do.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s exactly what it is. Is there a problem with that? Maybe I can go back to Pop Warner and Jr High School stats? Would that be a more thorough comparison?
Just seems cherry picked to the point of misleading for the sake of misleading.
1 game this season and 9 from last?
Why not all of last season?
Or only last season?
Or career?
Or the time since Mac has been in the lead.