• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seems cherry picked to the point of misleading for the sake of misleading.
1 game this season and 9 from last?
Why not all of last season?
Or only last season?
Or career?
Or the time since Mac has been in the lead.

Nope. I’m going back 10 games and that’s it. That’s why I said “YES IT IS CHERRY PICKING”. But I’m willing to bet you we compare their whole life’s worth of work Mac buries Allen in stats. If you’d like to compare a full seasons worth of stats by all means do it. I’m simply stating in the last 10 games Mac might be the better QB.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the NFL Network and they showed a stat about Trevor Lawrence. He leads the NFL in completion percentage…. Get this.. over the last10 games. Cherry picking mother f’ers!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the NFL Network and they showed a stat about Trevor Lawrence. He leads the NFL in completion percentage…. Get this.. over the last10 games. Cherry picking mother f’ers!
Last 10 games isn't cherry picking, the games weren't chosen specifically to get the result. 10 games is plenty to establish a trend and that last 10 games is the current trend. I'll defend your post twice: you did not post it inferring Mac has taken over as the best young QB in football. It shows Mac is probably playing better than credited and Allen isn't playing as well as expected. The real wildcard is Allen also has monster running stats while Mac is developing monster triceps from clapping for Rhamondre.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All stats can be cherry picked to help fill a 5 minute time slot of useless arguing on a sports news show so they can sell more ads.

Only stat I care truly about is wins and currently Allen is in the lead but I’m hopeful that changes.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All stats can be cherry picked to help fill a 5 minute time slot of useless arguing on a sports news show so they can sell more ads.

Only stat I care truly about is wins and currently Allen is in the lead but I’m hopeful that changes.

Allen can have all the wins. How many more Super Bowls does he have over Mac? How many more does he have over me??

And comparing a 10 game consecutive streak isn’t cherry picking. It’s a pattern.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out the obvious and "cherry picking" what I want from your statement, but you can stop watching games and check in here for the result.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT&T had Fiber cable failure Tuesday afternoon around 1:30.

Daytona to St Augustine customers lost the internet.

Got it back at 4:11 AM this morning.

Stores couldn't ake debit or credit cards. Television was limited and anything requiring a WiFi connection was disabled.

Never realized how dependent we are on the internet to conduct simple tasks, let alone WiFi.

Want to take over the world? Wipe out the internet.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stores couldn't ake debit or credit cards. Television was limited and anything requiring a WiFi connection was disabled.

Never realized how dependent we are on the internet to conduct simple tasks, let alone WiFi.

Yeah...I'm well aware.

I learned a few things from this, most importantly, have back up plans for things you do not normally have back up plans for.
For instance, SO MANY people did not have cell service afterwards. My wife had AT&T but I had Sprint. We were thinking about combining them, but not after that. Now, she has Verizon with our son on her account and I have T-mobile with our daughter on my account. We have AT&T for home phone and internet. I thought about going back to Spectrum but didn't want to change my email address.
Second, cash. So many stores could not take credit cards because the processors ran through AT&T servers. There is a new section of Nashville tourist district that is cashless. It is advertised as such a good thing. No need for cash, we only take cards. The stores and restaurants are not allowed to accept cash for products, services or tips. I will not do business there. Digital Currency will be the end of democracy.
And of course, have stores. Back up gas cans, meat in the freezer, standby generator. Boxes of 9mm and .45, 5.56 & 12.

etc.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about going back to Spectrum but didn't want to change my email address.
I thought that I'd have to do the same. I was a cComcast(Xfinity) Customer for twenty three years and they have kept my account open and allowed me to use Xfinity for free since I moved. For zero cost. They said it was a thank you for being a customer for so long.

If they ever offer any services in my area, I'm switching back without a second thought. They were a bit expensive in NH. Average bill for Internet and Premium TV was $239 a month. Had T-Mobile. No Xfinity services here, T-Mobile has been denied building new 5G and 10G towers by the Flager County Commission as have Verizon and AT&T. Of course Spectrum was allowed to rebuild theirs. People are threatening to get rid of the County and force towns to get out of the consortium. Next ten years will see such huge growth that all of the old farts will be voted out anyway.

Just approved 2000 apartments and Condos and 1500 new houses to be built in Palm Coast alone. This place has grown from 85,000 to 100,000+ in the past five years. They anticipate 125,000 by 2026.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that I'd have to do the same. I was a cComcast(Xfinity) Customer for twenty three years and they have kept my account open and allowed me to use Xfinity for free since I moved. For zero cost. They said it was a thank you for being a customer for so long.

If they ever offer any services in my area, I'm switching back without a second thought. They were a bit expensive in NH. Average bill for Internet and Premium TV was $239 a month. Had T-Mobile. No Xfinity services here, T-Mobile has been denied building new 5G and 10G towers by the Flager County Commission as have Verizon and AT&T. Of course Spectrum was allowed to rebuild theirs. People are threatening to get rid of the County and force towns to get out of the consortium. Next ten years will see such huge growth that all of the old farts will be voted out anyway.

Just approved 2000 apartments and Condos and 1500 new houses to be built in Palm Coast alone. This place has grown from 85,000 to 100,000+ in the past five years. They anticipate 125,000 by 2026.
When we sold our house to change school zones we gave up Spectrum for AT&T. Spectrum had been trouble free for 10 years, Absolutely not a glitch. AT&T was the only service available, but I've had it for 6 years now. They glitch a few times every year, either needing a modem reset by me, a modem reset by them long distance, or a new modem.
Or just...service is out

But it's fiber and faster than Spectrum which is now available. But so many people have my AT&T address and they won't let me keep it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Note: The fish were still biting.
My son worked on fiber in Afghanistan - constantly doing repairs on unprotected fiber.
When you cut a fiber in a war zone the cut location is determined in minutes with an OTDR.
Then a helicopter arrives and blows your skinny ass to hell.

At one point I wondered why we do direct burial of fiber in rocky afghanistan (soil)
Later I reallized we left an infrastructure that Afghans will not be able to maintain.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: The fish were still biting.
My son worked on fiber in Afghanistan - constantly doing repairs on unprotected fiber.
When you cut a fiber in a war zone the cut location is determined in minutes with an OTDR.
Then a helicopter arrives and blows your skinny ass to hell.

At one point I wondered why we do direct burial of fiber in rocky afghanistan (soil)
Later I reallized we left an infrastructure that Afghans will not be able to maintain.
They put in fiber in Afghanistan and they won't put it in my area. Bullshit!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we not put it in plastic pipe or sleeves here in the U.S.

I had mine marked with at least thirty flags and the Landscapers still found a way to dig it up and snap it in two places.
Then the guys redoing my driveway couldn't resist whacking it.