• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's great to watch teams celebrating their early fall championships. I know it's no time to celebrate if you are a Pats fan, but it's also way too early for anyone to celebrate.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid news.... but is it?

Step outside our allegiances and strip away the teams involved and replace them with generic teams and evaluate the issue involved... And we know it happens in similar fashion across the NFL.

Should critical penalties be subject to review? Should flopping be penalized either in game or as review after the game fines like dangerous hits?

I do think flopping undermines the integrity of the game. The Game adjusts to the times to make it safer then floppers manipulate the rules for unintended advantage.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Step outside our allegiances and strip away the teams involved and replace them with generic teams and evaluate the issue involved... And we know it happens in similar fashion across the NFL.

Should critical penalties be subject to review? Should flopping be penalized either in game or as review after the game fines like dangerous hits?

I do think flopping undermines the integrity of the game. The Game adjusts to the times to make it safer then floppers manipulate the rules for unintended advantage.
No we cannot review each call. They need to realize QBs are players and stop treating them like they are not. I could settle for a ref in NY buzzing in and telling refs that was a clean hit pick it up. But to stop the game, watch the vid, explain the call nahhh not for me

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we cannot review each call. They need to realize QBs are players and stop treating them like they are not. I could settle for a ref in NY buzzing in and telling refs that was a clean hit pick it up. But to stop the game, watch the vid, explain the call nahhh not for me
So your answer is "No, but yes"? Would you like some butter and maple syrup with that waffle?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your answer is "No, but yes"? Would you like some butter and maple syrup with that waffle?
No my answer is no, don't stop the game. There are teams in NY that can buzz a ref I imagine they could speak to them as well. We don't need coaches challenging every play on the field. All this is the fault of the NFL not the refs IMO

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm for an unbiased review of any questionable call by a ref in a booth at the game. Reviewing any flag thrown and even reviewing plays that are not called, as much extra time as they have during time outs and commercial breaks.
No stoppage unless they see something egregious and call for a stoppage.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for an unbiased review of any questionable call by a ref in a booth at the game. Reviewing any flag thrown and even reviewing plays that are not called, as much extra time as they have during time outs and commercial breaks.
No stoppage unless they see something egregious and call for a stoppage.
I'm for removing the replay booth from New York and moving it to Boston!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No my answer is no, don't stop the game. There are teams in NY that can buzz a ref I imagine they could speak to them as well. We don't need coaches challenging every play on the field. All this is the fault of the NFL not the refs IMO
My comment was "subject to review" and your preference qualifies as "yes, subject to review" and not no. I like the qualification you added which would allow the pace of the game to continue. I agree it would take almost no time to see a review and stop play if a mistake is clear and obvious. I think the Jack Jones hit was clear and obvious and anyone watching and understood the rule knew that before the next play.

You didn't answer the part about fining or penalizing flopping. Any thoughts on that? After game review wouldn't impact game play.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was "subject to review" and your preference qualifies as "yes, subject to review" and not no. I like the qualification you added which would allow the pace of the game to continue. I agree it would take almost no time to see a review and stop play if a mistake is clear and obvious. I think the Jack Jones hit was clear and obvious and anyone watching and understood the rule knew that before the next play.

You didn't answer the part about fining or penalizing flopping. Any thoughts on that? After game review wouldn't impact game play.
The Jones hit is a great example of how NY could just buzz the ref and say pick it up. No need to stop play.

Fines for flopping, not that's a dumb idea. So what if a QB tries to sell a hit, it's an internal part of the game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jones hit is a great example of how NY could just buzz the ref and say pick it up. No need to stop play.

Fines for flopping, not that's a dumb idea. So what if a QB tries to sell a hit, it's an internal part of the game.
I've never seen "selling" in the rule book. Again, like dangerous hits, punishment (or not to punish) can be decided based on severity and frequency. The overall point is to discourage bad actors, pun intended because it's difficult to determine any issue with a good actor.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen "selling" in the rule book. Again, like dangerous hits, punishment (or not to punish) can be decided based on severity and frequency. The overall point is to discourage bad actors, pun intended because it's difficult to determine any issue with a good actor.
Selling, Faking, Acting, what ever you want to call it, it's part of the game. QBs try to get calls so fining them for doing their job makes no sense.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selling, Faking, Acting, what ever you want to call it, it's part of the game. QBs try to get calls so fining them for doing their job makes no sense.
I know, but selling actually isn't part of the game. It's a form of cheating. Okay, if you are a QB and you are actually roughed and act to ensure a call, that may not be gaining an advantage, but Allen did in fact cheat to get a call. I know "selling" is seen as savvy, but is it? How's it different than any other method of taking an outside the play action to gain a better result? Why's it different than a sideline player tripping a player on the field?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but selling actually isn't part of the game. It's a form of cheating. Okay, if you are a QB and you are actually roughed and act to ensure a call, that may not be gaining an advantage, but Allen did in fact cheat to get a call. I know "selling" is seen as savvy, but is it? How's it different than any other method of taking an outside the play action to gain a better result? Why's it different than a sideline player tripping a player on the field?
No he did not cheat to get a call, how did he cheat? Since when is embellishing the contact illegal? What rule is that?