• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this from recap.com

New England was willing to match the max total ($15 million) for 2023, only with a far higher percentage of that total tied to incentives as part of an offer that, structurally at least, looked a little like Kansas City’s offer before the draft,” Breer writes.

Was probably tied to # of practices attended and fully participated in.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkk

Bill's offer was equally competitive to DHop. Th money in hand was less than the Titans. It's the bird in hand vs two in the bush.

Don't expect BB to sign anyone that will displace the people he has in place. Signing DHop would have pretty much forced him to move somebody and it's more than likely that he had a just in case deal worked out with someone. I wouldn't even try to guess who he may have had an electroniuc handshake with.

I do think he's seriously considering getting a veteran RB. With DHop in Tennessee, that gives a pretty attractive check possibility for Dalvin Cook.
Bringing in Leonard Fournette may have sent a message to Cook that he's not the only hat hanging in the rack. Having Cook could give Mac another James White/ Shane Vareen type in the backfield. Only difference is that he can also rush the ball for an additional 1200 yards.

Patriots will Look for one of the WRs already getting his locker ready to step forward and be Mac's primary target and someone else to be his emergency relief valve. If I was making odds, Bourne and Parker would the favorites for the primary and JuJu in the slot as his valve. The only thing that would makes this kettle boil over is if Boute, Evans and Webb really turn up the heat and force Bill's hand.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Cook could give Mac another James White/ Shane Vareen type in the backfield. Only difference is that he can also rush the ball for an additional 1200 yards.
James White gave the team what it needed when it needed it. "An additional 1200 yards" is just a stat, I'd take what James White delivered any day over "fantastic stats".

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James White gave the team what it needed when it needed it. "An additional 1200 yards" is just a stat, I'd take what James White delivered any day over "fantastic stats".
That's also a stat without having Stevenson sharing time with him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkk

Bill's offer was equally competitive to DHop. Th money in hand was less than the Titans. It's the bird in hand vs two in the bush.

Don't expect BB to sign anyone that will displace the people he has in place. Signing DHop would have pretty much forced him to move somebody and it's more than likely that he had a just in case deal worked out with someone. I wouldn't even try to guess who he may have had an electroniuc handshake with.

I do think he's seriously considering getting a veteran RB. With DHop in Tennessee, that gives a pretty attractive check possibility for Dalvin Cook.
Bringing in Leonard Fournette may have sent a message to Cook that he's not the only hat hanging in the rack. Having Cook could give Mac another James White/ Shane Vareen type in the backfield. Only difference is that he can also rush the ball for an additional 1200 yards.

Patriots will Look for one of the WRs already getting his locker ready to step forward and be Mac's primary target and someone else to be his emergency relief valve. If I was making odds, Bourne and Parker would the favorites for the primary and JuJu in the slot as his valve. The only thing that would makes this kettle boil over is if Boute, Evans and Webb really turn up the heat and force Bill's hand.
Welcome back!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the Pats give up on TB12? Most of these are questionable with regard to giving up...
I was going to post this as well.
It's horse shit.

Adam Vinatieri - Why would they franchise tag him twice? The price would be astronomical.

Chandler Jones - Smoking bath salts and showing up at the police station half nude?? I seem to recall another issue as well But Bill let him go. I don't fault Bill, but would have like to watched him get his act together in New England.

Wes Welker - A clear case of a year early being better than a year late. Yeah, he still had some ball in him, but he had to wear two helmets because of the concussions. And Danny Playoff, Edelman and 7-11 were a WR trio made in heaven with Gronk as an anchor.

Blount - my favorite running back. Perfect Patriot too. I did wish Bill would have signed him long term.

Brandin Cooks - Really? He was a one year rental. We didn't have the cap space to sign him long term. We traded a 1st round pick for the last year of his rookie contract, exercised the 5th year option, used him to win a Super Bowl and traded him for a 1st round pick. It was genius. He got a ring and the Pats got a trophy.

Stephon Gilmore - He didn't want to practice to show his knee was healthy, didn't want to restructure to an incentive contract with questions about his knee. I don't fault either side.

Brady was GONE...nothing anybody anywhere was going to do about it.

So Jones, Blount and Gilmore I would have liked seeing back in New England as well as Brady, but it's all business and Bill is the best at it.
Add Aquib Talib to that same list.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's horse shit.

Adam Vinatieri - Why would they franchise tag him twice? The price would be astronomical.

Chandler Jones - Smoking bath salts and showing up at the police station half nude?? I seem to recall another issue as well But Bill let him go. I don't fault Bill, but would have like to watched him get his act together in New England.

Wes Welker - A clear case of a year early being better than a year late. Yeah, he still had some ball in him, but he had to wear two helmets because of the concussions. And Danny Playoff, Edelman and 7-11 were a WR trio made in heaven with Gronk as an anchor.

Blount - my favorite running back. Perfect Patriot too. I did wish Bill would have signed him long term.

Brandin Cooks - Really? He was a one year rental. We didn't have the cap space to sign him long term. We traded a 1st round pick for the last year of his rookie contract, exercised the 5th year option, used him to win a Super Bowl and traded him for a 1st round pick. It was genius. He got a ring and the Pats got a trophy.

Stephon Gilmore - He didn't want to practice to show his knee was healthy, didn't want to restructure to an incentive contract with questions about his knee. I don't fault either side.

So Jones, Blount and Gilmore I would have liked seeing back in New England as well as Brady, but it's all business and Bill is the best at it.
Great analysis. All similar to my views but I was too lazy to type them in... Each of your takes is worthy of a bullseye.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's horse shit.

Jones wanted a fortune
Gilmore - you nailed it.
Blount was never the same with the Eagles or Lions. He was let go at the perfect time.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting you had Talib on this list. Had the Pats kept Welker they may had one more Super Bowl. It was Welker, then playing for the Donks that took talib out of the 2013 AFCCG with an illegal pick and changed the dynamic of that game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones wanted a fortune
Gilmore - you nailed it.
Blount was never the same with the Eagles or Lions. He was let go at the perfect time.
Blount was the dumbest inclusion on the list. It referenced Blount being allowed to walk BEFORE 2014 of which he signed with the Squeelers. He later re-signed after being cut free. The Pats won the Super Bowl that year WITH Blount. Anyone who complains about anything on a championship team is really grasping at straws.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you had Talib on this list. Had the Pats kept Welker they may had one more Super Bowl. It was Welker, then playing for the Donks that took talib out of the 2013 AFCCG with an illegal pick and changed the dynamic of that game.
I remember. Bill was PISSED.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember. Bill was PISSED.
And he had a dozen reasons to be. The last thing Goodell wanted was the Patriots in Super Bowl L. The fifty year celebration. When it was Peyton Manning and the Broncos every pressure was on the AFCCG to do anything within reason to keep the Patriots out. What could be ignored was ignored and what could be called on the Patriots was called without going to far. Goodell got his wish and Manning got his econd ring in a critical event. So be it.

Any TB12 or Patriots hater will argue against anything brought up, They still had to suffer through three more Super Bowl victories by the Patriots.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jesus this thread has turned into the typical Whoa is the Pats thread.

Please God speed up time to opening day

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jesus this thread has turned into the typical Whoa is the Pats thread.

Please God speed up time to opening day
For my part I posted facts and my context was not meant to be "poor us" and responding was a natural juxtaposition of two names on a list. The follow up of Bill being pissed is a fact too.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman was the king of that pick play and was using it to great effect. We were not innocent......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman was the king of that pick play and was using it to great effect. We were not innocent......
Undoubtedly. Julien was just better at it. Not all pick plays are illegal either.

Brian Billick had this great take on the play.