• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plumber came this morning with a Brute jackhammer.

Wife didn't want to be here for the noise so we went for a ride the long way to Daytona.

Came home at 1:30 and a 4 ft by 5 ft section of the bathroom floor filled 14 5 gallon buckets with concrete pieces.

He installed a new drain pipe and shower drain. The tile company will be here tomorrow with about 20 bags of concrete to put in the new floor and shower pan. Carpenter will be here Thursday to build two wall frames. Plumber will be back on Friday to install the new shower valve and the plumbing to the shower head. Next Monday the tile guys will be back to do the dryrock paneling and then Tuesday do the shower tiles and shower floor pieces. Hopefully, I'll have my shower back by next Wednesday. The tub and walls were demo'd last week but the plumber couldn't do his demo until today.

Now I really know why plumbers charge what they do. Jackhammer out the concrete to the dirt to build a new drain and haul all that crap out.

I helped him lift the buckets into his truck. I'm hoping for a discount.
Is this a repair or are you putting in a roll-in shower?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely redoing the shower with Wheelchair access. No door.

Looking to my future.
I plan on doing the same to my master bath shower when Mother in law is gone.
I'll do most of the work myself.

Good investment return. Roll in showers are in big demand among the baby-boomer buyers.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking to my future.

I plan on doing the same to my master bath shower when Mother in law is gone.
I'll do most of the work myself.

Good investment return. Roll in showers are in big demand among the baby-boomer buyers.....
As you know I have been in the middle of a complete home remodel inside and out, I went with a low entry point shower. Step over is less than 3" high, placed grab rails as needed. Did no go roll in but I could see a need.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you know I have been in the middle of a complete home remodel inside and out, I went with a low entry point shower. Step over is less than 3" high, placed grab rails as needed. Did no go roll in but I could see a need.
My wife is handicapped with an incurable disease that killed much of her family years ago.
She has difficulty walking now and whether she'll admit or not, she'll likely need the roll in option in a few years.

I put a 3" curb walk-in in a back bedroom but now completed it is almost obsolete.
With what my body has been through in life, I'm a candidate too - except for falling out of the boat in about 10 years?????

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is handicapped with an incurable disease that killed much of her family years ago.
She has difficulty walking now and whether she'll admit or not, she'll likely need the roll in option in a few years.

I put a 3" curb walk-in in a back bedroom but now completed it is almost obsolete.
With what my body has been through in life, I'm a candidate too - except for falling out of the boat in about 10 years?????
Copy that.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking to my future.
If you had Cape Cod contractors it would be six months to get all that done.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Brazilians here.
<in green> I don't know how many.
I moved to Hilton Head in 2007. There was a crew working across the street and I thought I'd go over and say hi!
I speak very good spanish and was quite surprised to get a lot of dirty looks.
Turns out they were Brazillians.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved to Hilton Head in 2007. There was a crew working across the street and I thought I'd go over and say hi!
I speak very good spanish and was quite surprised to get a lot of dirty looks.
Turns out they were Brazillians.
Portuguese for them lol.
A long time ago I knew a few swears not now tho

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had Cape Cod contractors it would be six months to get all that done.
In all honesty, there's so much new construction in this area, It's already moving into week 3 that I've had to use the other bathroom and found out this morning that it's probably going to be another two weeks at the very least before it's done. Over one thousand new houses under construction and they expect that at least one thousand more by January 2024. So many people moving in, the population is approaching 100,000. The High School is overflowing and a new one has been approved.

My brother, brother in law, sister in law are all moving here within the next 3-4 months.

Anyone want to buy a 4 Bedroom Chalet on Saturday Lake in Maine with 200 ft lake frontage with a 24 ft lake cruiser included?

1679491044388.png

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, there's so much new construction in this area, It's already moving into week 3 that I've had to use the other bathroom and found out this morning that it's probably going to be another two weeks at the very least before it's done. Over one thousand new houses under construction and they expect that at least one thousand more by January 2024. So many people moving in, the population is approaching 100,000. The High School is overflowing and a new one has been approved.

My brother, brother in law, sister in law are all moving here within the next 3-4 months.

Anyone want to buy a 4 Bedroom Chalet on Saturday Lake in Maine with 200 ft lake frontage with a 24 ft lake cruiser included?

View attachment 323973
Oooo, I would if I could.
The mancave sounds epic.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 323973
Can it be moved south, lake and all?