• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last house I bought unfinished and put in all GE Profile. I miss those appliances. This last house came with all GE, but not profile.
Except, of course the W&D.

Everything has been absolutely rock solid.

When it comes time to replace or upgrade...GE Profile again.
I too have had GE in the past and loved it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Company. Worked for them from the time I got out of the service in 1972 to 1982 when they decided that Three Mile Island was going to wreck the Nuclear Power business. Built Trojan, Duke, Arkansas, Arizona, Ansaldo, Romania and final Seabrook. They closed the plant for good in 1983 and put 1200 people on the street but provided re-employment help for everyone. I left on a Friday afternoon and started working for Fairchild Semiconductor on Monday.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E06DC6BE-51F8-483E-A054-A24971FD5BE6.jpeg

Not even sure what this chump is even saying? He won’t even talk to a team unless they start the conversation with at least 5 million per year?? Sounds like a moron.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last house I bought unfinished and put in all GE Profile. I miss those appliances. This last house came with all GE, but not profile.

Good to hear. We just replaced our gas stove with a GE. Not a profile but very nice.
Love the convection and air fry settings.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nearing the nd of Bike Week in Daytona. Had to go to Speedway International Blvd. today to get my Taxes done.
There are some amazing bikes to be seen and some amazing Babes riding them. Even got my my blood pumping at a couple of red lights.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nearing the nd of Bike Week in Daytona. Had to go to Speedway International Blvd. today to get my Taxes done.
There are some amazing bikes to be seen and some amazing Babes riding them. Even got my my blood pumping at a couple of red lights.
First question why did you have to get your taxes done there?

What the Daytona police department does during bike week is amazing, they are genius at keeping traffic moving.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free taxes for disabled vets.

Service provided by IRS volunteers.

Took them two hours to do mine. First refund in seven years. $118.00
Cool, very cool, was just curious

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Samsung washer and dryer.

I'll never buy Samsung anything again.
I had to have the washer serviced because it would not run about 13 months after I bought it...AND the extended warranty.
They came out again.
And again.
And Again.
They told me next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.
Then they told me next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.
Then they told me next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.

Then, the motherfucker that flew over from Korea said next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.
Then, the motherfucker that flew over from Korea AGAIN finally said they will buy me a new washer.

Fuck.
That.
Shit.

GE.
seems you had more a of service issue than a product issue.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free taxes for disabled vets.

Service provided by IRS volunteers.

Took them two hours to do mine. First refund in seven years. $118.00
You write about getting back into decent shape. Playful intellectual insults aside, how do you qualify as disabled?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Samsung GAs Stove, Gas Dryer and Washer and have had zero issues. Can't explain it but I would recommend to anyone
The dryer I remarked about repairing a few weeks ago was a Samsung. It was easy to do and was a time/maintenance issue and not a product deficiency. I'd always buy Samsung though not exclusively.

Also agree my experience with the profile dishwasher is positive and research tells me the sub-brand has a positive reputation.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT STUPID. GOD's Honest Truth.

My brother has been digging into our family history.

Our great, great, great uncle figured out how to make a device that rotated back and forth and got the patent for this thing that could wash multiple pieces of clothing. He could not get the financing to build them or buy the pieces needed to put them in production. His company merged with a large corporation that was sinking fast and the company produce the first washing machine. It to that uncle less than a year to develop the wringer that could be attached to squeeze water out of cloth. The name of the new company? WHIRLPOOL.

EVEN ODDER. My family crest hangs on the wall of one of the most famous houses in the United States. Located in Salem, Massachsetts, it was purchased by my Grat, great, great aunt. If your in Salem, you can tour the house and the family crest hangs on the living room wall. Why is the house so famous? It was the centerpiece of the the novel......"House of Seven Gables".

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems you had more a of service issue than a product issue.
Seems as though your perception skills are not as rapierlike as you would like to project.

Samsung sent an engineer twice from Korea to anal yze and rectumfy the issue.
With an interpreter.

That seems like the best "Service" I could possible get.
On an unfixable product that should have been replaced under warranty much sooner.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT STUPID. GOD's Honest Truth.

My brother has been digging into our family history.

Our great, great, great uncle figured out how to make a device that rotated back and forth and got the patent for this thing that could wash multiple pieces of clothing. He could not get the financing to build them or buy the pieces needed to put them in production. His company merged with a large corporation that was sinking fast and the company produce the first washing machine. It to that uncle less than a year to develop the wringer that could be attached to squeeze water out of cloth. The name of the new company? WHIRLPOOL.

EVEN ODDER. My family crest hangs on the wall of one of the most famous houses in the United States. Located in Salem, Massachsetts, it was purchased by my Grat, great, great aunt. If your in Salem, you can tour the house and the family crest hangs on the living room wall. Why is the house so famous? It was the centerpiece of the the novel......"House of Seven Gables".
My great great grandfather invented the snap.
For Army helmets so the enemy couldn't sneak up behind and grab the old wide brimmed helmet and bend it way back and break a soldiers neck, the snap would release first.

I used to live the next street over from The House of Seven Gables when I was a lad.
Pin on the old homestead with the old Hawthorne house in the lower right.

1678460323991.png

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun thread. Here’s a shot at stupid news …

Chemically based products, where top-shelf chemistry is involved, usually command premium pricing and the value is there. My bimmer is 5 years old, changed the wiper blades at year 4 under warranty, they still worked fine, and all the other rubber is in pristine shape, with basic maintenance.

Good soap also comes to mind, great soap is really expensive; crappy soap is cheap and will probably be more expensive in the long haul.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun thread. Here’s a shot at stupid news …

Chemically based products, where top-shelf chemistry is involved, usually command premium pricing and the value is there. My bimmer is 5 years old, changed the wiper blades at year 4 under warranty, they still worked fine, and all the other rubber is in pristine shape, with basic maintenance.

Good soap also comes to mind, great soap is really expensive; crappy soap is cheap and will probably be more expensive in the long haul.
With every great premium product follows 100 assholes who figure out how to make something "seem" like a premium product, often selling an inferior product.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a disabled vet - 10%
You don't have to be in a wheelchair to get VA Compensation for injuries.....
I'm 90% and paid at 100% because I was unemployable.

Because of the rating system, I can never be 100%. One disability builds on the previous one.

Won't be long before I'll be getting me one of those motorized wheelchairs. Wished Harley made them.