• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the article I posted he does appear to have at least a little bit of history with trouble. I had no idea. Always came off as an intelligent guy but the video of him in the club with his pants half down looking like a thug and jumping a guy tells a different story.
Loved him as a player and enjoyed him on tv. Too bad about his off field issues

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no Mr. Parts guy I will not pay $85.00 for my three wiper blades.

So apparently my car originally came with Beam style wiper blades, went to get some new ones and the guy told me $85.00, I immediately asked for an alternative. Claimed the car came with Beam style blades and that is what is recommended. I replied recommended means there is an additional option let's discuss that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no Mr. Parts guy I will not pay $85.00 for my three wiper blades.

So apparently my car originally came with Beam style wiper blades, went to get some new ones and the guy told me $85.00, I immediately asked for an alternative. Claimed the car came with Beam style blades and that is what is recommended. I replied recommended means there is an additional option let's discuss that.
You'd be amazed how many people feel good about paying more for something, like it's a privilege to pay more for something that "seems" like a premium product. Or they feel "responsible" because they follow a "recommendation" when it's actually more responsible to pay attention and only pay for what you need.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be amazed how many people feel good about paying more for something, like it's a privilege to pay more for something that "seems" like a premium product. Or they feel "responsible" because they follow a "recommendation" when it's actually more responsible to pay attention and only pay for what you need.
I read an article in my AARP magazine that was written by an automotive technician. It stated we are actually better off paying for cheaper wiper blades as they should be replaced twice a year. I sort of meet them in the middle

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article in my AARP magazine that was written by an automotive technician. It stated we are actually better off paying for cheaper wiper blades as they should be replaced twice a year. I sort of meet them in the middle
Depends.
If your vehicle is garage kept and doesn't spend much time exposed to the elements, your wipers will last much longer.
Some wipers are made of UV resistant material as well.

Myself, I don't like to waste money, but I will pay for performance.
If a product is more expensive it better perform better, not just be more expensive because of the brand.

I do watch Project Farm channel on You Tube. Dude tests EVERYTHING to figure which brand product is better.
Insulated cups, spark plugs, wrenches, jeans, winches, waxes, and yes, windshield wipers.
Very elaborate testing procedures as well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends.
If your vehicle is garage kept and doesn't spend much time exposed to the elements, your wipers will last much longer.
Some wipers are made of UV resistant material as well.

Myself, I don't like to waste money, but I will pay for performance.
If a product is more expensive it better perform better, not just be more expensive because of the brand.

I do watch Project Farm channel on You Tube. Dude tests EVERYTHING to figure which brand product is better.
Insulated cups, spark plugs, wrenches, jeans, winches, waxes, and yes, windshield wipers.
Very elaborate testing procedures as well.
I didn't know the TV could be used for anything besides watching sports or keeping the old ladies busy.
I do my own tests and make my own decisions.
I also am not afraid to take a product back and tell them to give me my money back!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the TV could be used for anything besides watching sports or keeping the old ladies busy.
I also am not afraid to take a product back and tell them to give me my money back!
Whatever...

I can't afford to buy 8 different cordless drills to test them all.
I can't afford to buy 7 different wipers and test them all, 8 sets of spark plugs, 6 types of Ceramic car wax etc. etc. etc.
And I like the best bang for my buck, which is not always the cheapest, nor is it the most expensive. Though it may be.

Dude tests shit with no bias and shows you the results of each brand in each test.
It's a good starting point for those that want to know.

Parachutes and minds...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's YouTube.
You know, the website one goes to killing time between posts on the hoop.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever...

I can't afford to buy 8 different cordless drills to test them all.
I can't afford to buy 7 different wipers and test them all, 8 sets of spark plugs, 6 types of Ceramic car wax etc. etc. etc.
And I like the best bang for my buck, which is not always the cheapest, nor is it the most expensive. Though it may be.

Dude tests shit with no bias and shows you the results of each brand in each test.
It's a good starting point for those that want to know.

Parachutes and minds...
I read product reviews.
I throw out the 5 star and 1 star reviews and mostly want to hear what the 3 stars have to say.
Example: 1 star reviews on glass top stoves almost all talk about how hard they are to clean.
5 stars all talk about how beautiful their new stove looks in the kitchen, compared to their old POS.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read product reviews.
I throw out the 5 star and 1 star reviews and mostly want to hear what the 3 stars have to say.
Example: 1 star reviews on glass top stoves almost all talk about how hard they are to clean.
5 stars all talk about how beautiful their new stove looks in the kitchen, compared to their old POS.
Samsung holds the patent (secret) for TV and Phone glass and everyone else buys their product for theirs.

Why the hell they don't use that glass for their stoves is beyond me. Samsung stove tops are the worst in the industry. The burners are dangerous also. The tops will crack without impact. My grandson was boiling water on the front burner and the rear burner exploded. Samsung replaced the stove without as much as a "How did it happen?"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samsung holds the patent (secret) for TV and Phone glass and everyone else buys their product for theirs.

Why the hell they don't use that glass for their stoves is beyond me. Samsung stove tops are the worst in the industry. The burners are dangerous also. The tops will crack without impact. My grandson was boiling water on the front burner and the rear burner exploded. Samsung replaced the stove without as much as a "How did it happen?"
Ever wonder why LG and Samsung appliances are always on sale ar Home Depot and Lowes?
They are legendary in poor quality!
Beautiful to look at - don't last.
Local appliance repairmen won't work on them.
They do not stand behind their product.
They are the reason HD and Lowes no longer warranties appliances. "call the manufacturer!"
Read the reviews - some pissed off people!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever wonder why LG and Samsung appliances are always on sale ar Home Depot and Lowes?
They are legendary in poor quality!
Beautiful to look at - don't last.
Local appliance repairmen won't work on them.
They do not stand behind their product.
They are the reason HD and Lowes no longer warranties appliances. "call the manufacturer!"
Read the reviews - some pissed off people!
I have Samsung Appliances and have had zero issues.

Funny though I tend to never over buy, I want the basic shit less to break. And it's a gas stove so the grates are iron

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read product reviews.
Seriously though, he's very thorough in his testing. I watch his comparisons even on stuff I'm not going to buy, just to see how he's going to make them fail.
Like driving over thermos's with and RV to see which one will still hold temps.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Samsung Appliances and have had zero issues.

Funny though I tend to never over buy, I want the basic shit less to break. And it's a gas stove so the grates are iron
I have Samsung washer and dryer.

I'll never buy Samsung anything again.
I had to have the washer serviced because it would not run about 13 months after I bought it...AND the extended warranty.
They came out again.
And again.
And Again.
They told me next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.
Then they told me next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.
Then they told me next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.

Then, the motherfucker that flew over from Korea said next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.
Then, the motherfucker that flew over from Korea AGAIN finally said they will buy me a new washer.

Fuck.
That.
Shit.

GE.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Samsung washer and dryer.

I'll never buy Samsung anything again.
I had to have the washer serviced because it would not run about 13 months after I bought it...AND the extended warranty.
They came out again.
And again.
And Again.
They told me next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.

Then, the motherfucker that flew over from Korea said next time they have to come out they will buy me a new washer.
Then, the motherfucker that flew over from Korea AGAIN finally said they will buy me a new washer.

Fuck.
That.
Shit.

GE.
I have a Samsung GAs Stove, Gas Dryer and Washer and have had zero issues. Can't explain it but I would recommend to anyone

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Samsung GAs Stove, Gas Dryer and Washer and have had zero issues. Can't explain it but I would recommend to anyone
My last house I bought unfinished and put in all GE Profile. I miss those appliances. This last house came with all GE, but not profile.
Except, of course the W&D.

Everything has been absolutely rock solid.

When it comes time to replace or upgrade...GE Profile again.