• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLEARLY, you are trying to paint the definition of hate with a broad brush
No, what I am clearly saying is, it's wrong to be anti-gay. And the constant defense of anti-gay attitudes is part of the reason why homophobia exists at such elevated levels in society.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's ok to take the initiative and speak out in support of the gay lifestyle (Brendon Ayanbadejo), but it's not ok to say you're against it if a reporter goes up and asks you about it?

Double standard anyone?

for the sake of the team he should have kept his mouth shut. Now it's going to turn into a issue that they ask other teammates "hey do you agree with culliver" and they have to give some type of opinion on it. And it becomes anti gay 49ers vs pro gay ravens blah blah blah san francisco is know for gays culliver doesn't like gays blah blah blah.

Artie Lang is hardly a reporter anyway. Why the fuck is artie Lang getting access to interview the players? wtf kind of questions do they expect from the guy who gets paid to tell fart jokes? Culliver isn't smart enough to avoid that? The way he answered it was stupid too.

Last edited by a moderator:

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does having a moral objection to homosexual behaviour fit into that definition?
It fits into the definition because "homosexual behavior" is, obviously, inherently connected to same-sex attraction, and being gay. And thus you're condemning homosexuality, and condemning a natural part of who a gay person is, simply because it's same-sex behavior, although that behavior in no way causes inherent harm.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It fits into the definition because "homosexual behavior" is, obviously, inherently connected to same-sex attraction, and being gay. And thus you're condemning homosexuality, and condemning a natural part of who a gay person is, simply because it's same-sex behavior, although that behavior in no way causes inherent harm.

So, you are not condemning those who are raised to believe that "homosexual behavior" is not natural but a lifestyle? Explain why your stance is any different from the other.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At USC, every year I coincidentally had a gay roommate. We had bunk beds and I just knew he was, you know, above me with his guy. If there was a time for me to be homophobic, that would have been it. But for some reason, their gender never bugged me. I wouldn't prefer anyone to be doing that while I was in the room, even out of view, but if that were a straight couple it would have been more distracting, you know, if the girl was hot. On the other hand, if she were...

Then, I had another roommate where for some reason, his girlfriend would sleep in my bed, even when his bed was empty. I'd come back at 9 PM and she'd be there. I thought the situation was ripe to be set up for something. I should have pretended not to see and sleep next to her, that would have ended that - or if not, he'd probably hate me - and her. I jokingly told him basically that if she sleeps there, I can do whatever I want. She was above average, but not worth the awkwardness for the rest of the year if I tried anything - not that I would anyway if she were smoking hot. I would have maybe teased her about it, but you know.

I went and got my own girls. I'm sure a gay man on the team, even if he were attracted would do the same, even if he found a teammate above average to hot. I have plenty of girls to gawk if I wanted to and I'm sure a gay person would outside of the lockerroom. And to act like just because you find a certain gender attractive that that would make the man attracted to you, is silly. I'd be uncomfortable if one were, just like an overweight woman infatuated with me would or even a normal woman that is annoying, etc. The awkwardness wouldn't start and end in the lockerroom. But without the specific person liking specifically me, I wouldn't care - not that I would know one way or another (I often had trouble figuring out if the girl liked me or not).

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit,,,,what a load of bullshit,,,yeah I read the whole thread so he doesn't like gays on the team,I can't say that I blame him,,,as for it being hate or this one fucking kills me HOMOPHOBIC ,,,bullshit this is the USA people and each of us are allowed their own opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those of you who are offended by this well that is tough cookies

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit,,,,what a load of bullshit,,,yeah I read the whole thread so he doesn't like gays on the team,I can't say that I blame him,,,as for it being hate or this one fucking kills me HOMOPHOBIC ,,,bullshit this is the USA people and each of us are allowed their own opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those of you who are offended by this well that is tough cookies

yea it was a bit of an exaggeration IMO also. When I think of hate, Its something that consumes you mentally and emotionally and makes you do evil acts.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I'm not offended by Culliver or his comments. Some of the replies in this thread are pretty ignorant though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I don't believe that at all. There was a long thread about the sodomy and the health implications thereof back on the ESPN forum that I'm not going to ressurrect. For the sake of arguement, just you can put it in the choice VS being born gay issue.

I don't believe people are "born" gay. But the funniest thing I find about the preachiest pro-homosexual advocates is that almost every single one of 'em I've met are moral relativinsts when it comes to any moral question except the ones about which THEY feel strongly.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that at all. There was a long thread about the sodomy and the health implications thereof back on the ESPN forum that I'm not going to ressurrect. For the sake of arguement, just you can put it in the choice VS being born gay issue.

I don't believe people are "born" gay. But the funniest thing I find about the preachiest pro-homosexual advocates is that almost every single one of 'em I've met are moral relativinsts when it comes to any moral question except the ones about which THEY feel strongly.

Could you explain what causes the brain symmetry of gay men to be different from those of straight men, as well as lesbians from straight women? Do gays choose their brain structure?

as this study shows
Symmetry Of Homosexual Brain Resembles That Of Opposite Sex, Swedish Study Finds

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If people were genetically predisposed to being gay then if there were identical twins and one were gay then the other would be as well because they have identical DNA / brain structure. Every study I've seen on the subject puts it at about 50% of gay twins also have a gay twin.

Homosexuality: not genetic.

I'm waiting to see any studies about gay twins who were not raised together. Since it's so rare to find twins who were not raised together, this research is extremely difficult to do.

P.S. My friends who pointed these studies out to me are twins.

I don't expect this to change anyone's mind, but I just can't stand when activists in the scientific community beat people over the head with the word "science" when some of the theories they hold as facts are so inconclusive. If you want a glaring example of this, look at the "scientific" studies about second hand smoke deaths (and no, I'm not a smoker; I think that's disgusting).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you explain what causes the brain symmetry of gay men to be different from those of straight men, as well as lesbians from straight women? Do gays choose their brain structure?

as this study shows
Symmetry Of Homosexual Brain Resembles That Of Opposite Sex, Swedish Study Finds

This is a bit off-topic, but as I spoke about a friend who stutters in another thread and you talked about brain scans, I wanted to share for anyone who wants to read it.

People who stutter, when they are not stuttering, the same side of the brain that non-stutterers use for speech is lit up in a brain scan. But when the stutterer stutters, both sides are lit up. Non-stutterers have a designated hemisphere for speech and language and the like. Stutterers have a conflict in brain commands and that's why it comes out that way.

My sister graduated with a neurological major and she says it's backed up there. Others say stuttering is genetic - but I don't see why some people couldn't be genetically set with a neurological disorder. Some say it's environmental, as one who has a stuttering parent learns a mimic of it. But that could just be a trigger, like loud noises, uncomfortable situations, etc.

My friend stutters one-on-one, but not when he gives speeches. Order and formality help him, though people think nervousness causes it. It doesn't for him. Hates when people tell him to calm down or slow down. He says he's talking one word per four seconds sometimes; he says, how much slower can he get? :P

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gay stuff huh? Check this out.

j23yb.gif

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At USC, every year I coincidentally had a gay roommate. We had bunk beds and I just knew he was, you know, above me with his guy. If there was a time for me to be homophobic, that would have been it. But for some reason, their gender never bugged me. I wouldn't prefer anyone to be doing that while I was in the room, even out of view, but if that were a straight couple it would have been more distracting, you know, if the girl was hot. On the other hand, if she were...

You gotta be shittin' me!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Homosexuality - most likely a function of hormones. Not genetic, not a choice. Its stunning how you can continually act so confident about things you clearly know so little about.

This all comes down to your religious beliefs, right? Just say it, you don't know what you're talking about, but have had certain ideas drilled into your head, and failed to think critically about them, instead rationalizing them with whatever random bits and pieces that come to mind.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I am clearly saying is, it's wrong to be anti-gay. And the constant defense of anti-gay attitudes is part of the reason why homophobia exists at such elevated levels in society.

Yes, it's wrong to be "anti-gay". But what's anti-gay? I don't think what Culliver said is "anti-gay".

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Homosexuality - most likely a function of hormones. Not genetic, not a choice. Its stunning how you can continually act so confident about things you clearly know so little about.

This all comes down to your religious beliefs, right? Just say it, you don't know what you're talking about, but have had certain ideas drilled into your head, and failed to think critically about them, instead rationalizing them with whatever random bits and pieces that come to mind.

Calm down there pal. You just agreed with me that homosexuality is not genetic and then went on a tyrade about how I don't know anything.

I don't let people use the word "science" to shove political or financial agendas down people's throats (pun intended) when the issue is absolutely up for debate. This is done with issues like global warming, second hand smoke, breast cancer, etc. And I've seen a crap load (pun intended) of intellectual dishonesty and a lack of objectivity in a lot of studies I've seen. You're free to believe people are "born gay." (I think that's what you're implying). I don't. Let's not be assholes about it.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people were genetically predisposed to being gay then if there were identical twins and one were gay then the other would be as well because they have identical DNA / brain structure. Every study I've seen on the subject puts it at about 50% of gay twins also have a gay twin.

I'm waiting to see any studies about gay twins who were not raised together. Since it's so rare to find twins who were not raised together, this research is extremely difficult to do.

P.S. My friends who pointed these studies out to me are twins.

I don't expect this to change anyone's mind, but I just can't stand when activists in the scientific community beat people over the head with the word "science" when some of the theories they hold as facts are so inconclusive. If you want a glaring example of this, look at the "scientific" studies about second hand smoke deaths (and no, I'm not a smoker; I think that's disgusting).

Sorry but twins are not 100% genetic matches all the time. Subtle CNV still happen. There is plenty of cases where one twin comes out with a disease the other doesn't have, as well as smaller things like different heights, eye color etc... They aren't always 100% duplicates of each other in every single way. There is no reason to believe sexuality would be any different.

During embryonic development our default state is female, depending on how the chromosomes and hormones fall, we change into men. Can you really rule out the possibility that during development, enough pieces fell into place to develop a man, but something of the female state stayed intact? Like say, the part of the brain that determines attraction?

I do think some people can choose, I won't rule that out completely. I tried to choose an attraction to midgets once, didn't work, but I won't say it can't happen. You shouldn't rule out those who are born gay either though. I'm sure they are a high majority.

I know for a fact my cousin was born gay. He has been very effeminate his entire life. As ignorant asshole kids we taunted him all the time. When we played with Gi-joe, he played barbie. When we played football he was inside cutting his dolls hair and doing their make up. When we posed for pictures we where warriors with guns and swords, he posed in a girly way with his hands on his cocked hips with his chest poked out like a female model. If I uploaded the pictures of him as a kid you'd say "that's one gay kid" he just oozed gayness in every stereotypical way imaginable.

Another kid I went to school with was also born undeniably gay. So much so that his parents forced him to join little league with us, even though he hated it and used to cry non stop. His mom thought playing with us would teach him how to be a man. She used to cry her eyes out every time he came up to bat with his feminine stance, it was like watching her attend a funeral every weekend. I remember hearing other parents whispering to her that he'll grow out of it. I still see him around, and he is still gay as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.