• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When exactly did I "cut down" gays? All I said was that Culliver has a right to opinion, and he's not a bigot for being uncomfortable with man on man sex. If you think that's "cutting down" the gay community you need to GTFO.
That's not what I said. I said that Chris Culliver cut down gay people with his offensive comments, and he did. And you're defending that, which makes you almost as bad as Chris Culliver. You're defending homophobia. That's being a bad friend to gay people.

This exactly why it's impossible to have a rational discussion about this subject.
There is no discussion to be had. We have past the time where gay people need to approve or defend their lives. You either are accepting or you're not accepting.

I think anyone who took Culliver's words as "anti-gay" is being hypersensitive and is just looking to get offended. Honestly, can anyone say anything these days without someone somewhere feeling offended?
Why can't people stop criticizing homosexuality? Why can't people simply be accepting? Why do many expect millions of straight and gay people who are against homophobia to simply be silent when someone says something anti-gay?

CC said he didn't want gay players on his team and effectively said they shouldn't be in the NFL. That is anti-gay. There aren't two ways around it.

I'm a friend of the freedom of speech more than I am a friend of the gay community. Not offending the gay community doesn't take precedence over freedom of fucking speech.
The freedom of speech to denigrate and be inquisitive over the sexuality of people who aren't straight. Such a noble cause to fight for!

As far as I know, no-one has been jailed for spewing anti-gay hate. If we did that as a country, half the country would be in prison.

It isn't. Not one group is exactly the same as another in its "plight". If you think gays today are going through the same discrimination blacks went through before the civil rights movement exploded you need to be educated.
If you think comparing discrimination to discrimination and saying one form of discrimination is somehow less in stature or less of discrimination, then you need to be educated.

BTW, gay people, worldwide, have been discriminated against for longer than any other notable minority group. There may not have been one watershed anti-gay event in history. It's been more a consistent, never-ending hatred. And it's apathetic, callousness such as what you're displaying that will continue that hatred.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treating gays like shit / mistreating them is not fine in my opinion.

Again, I'd like to hear a basis for saying it's immoral to be against homosexuality. I'm trying to be really specific here so this doesn't go in a million different directions like it has.
Because homosexuality is a harmless, inoffensive act that is connected to the immutable sexual orientation of human beings. Meaning it's akin to hair color, sure, you can change your hair or keep it the same color, cut it and shape it. You can engage in same-sex intercourse, or you can be celibate. But it's still a natural part of who you are in the end. If you dye your hair red, you're still a natural brunette if you're a natural brunette.

And unlike hair, sexuality is an personal, internal trait, so actually, repressing your natural orientation has severe consequences. It's like a person who sees the love of their life going out with someone else and they feeling sad and jealous. Repressing your orientation is doing that on an every day basis.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question should be how is homosexuality immoral, not why is it immoral to be against it. Because homosexuality should NOT be in question and it should NOT be criticized or placed under a microscope. It should be homophobia that is. We need to stop victimizing homosexuality and homosexual persons. Why are people anti-gay? Why do people defend homophobia? These are the questions that have to be asked.

There's nothing wrong in being gay. Homophobia is proven to cause a ton of harm. One is off-limits. Race is off-limits, gender is off-limits, and sexual orientation now needs to become fully off-limits.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw this Politically Correct BS world we live in these days. Why do people care so much about others opinions? Does it really effect their lives so much that he made anti-gay remarks? If it does I say they are the ones that need to be taking classes to fix their sensitivity issues.

We all like to say we have the freedom of speech, but it seems like we want to censor it more and more. You can't walk out of your house and talk about politics, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

I just don't get why people feel the need to be offended by another persons opinion. We act like such topics are a War where someone has to win and lose instead of treating them for what they are, personal opinions. Is it really so hard to learn to respect others point of view and move on?

I mostly consider myself conservative however I have nothing against gays. I think it's ridiculous they can't get married and get treated so badly. I'm not a religious person, but I fully respect those that are and have no desire to try to change their beliefs. They only problem I have with race is that it gets way over played in today's society.

Maybe I'm just to laid back, but I think life is a lot simpler when you just learn to respect others beliefs and realize not everything has to be a battle or taking personal.

I guess I was cut from the same cloth that you were? My grandmother taught me that, "sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me!"

I feel the focus should be more on the individuals who display their hate through action. Protesting, Discriminating, Causing physical harm, etc...

I use to want to beat up every White kid that called me Ni**er or told me to "Go back to africa". I realized the less i paid attention to it and laughed at the ignorance of the statements, it took the power out of the statements that caused me to feel effected by said statements.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The question should be how is homosexuality immoral, not why is it immoral to be against it. Because homosexuality should NOT be in question and it should NOT be criticized or placed under a microscope. It should be homophobia that is. We need to stop victimizing homosexuality and homosexual persons. Why are people anti-gay? Why do people defend homophobia? These are the questions that have to be asked.

There's nothing wrong in being gay. Homophobia is proven to cause a ton of harm. One is off-limits. Race is off-limits, gender is off-limits, and sexual orientation now needs to become fully off-limits.

:2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Treating gays like shit / mistreating them is not fine in my opinion.

Again, I'd like to hear a basis for saying it's immoral to be against homosexuality. I'm trying to be really specific here so this doesn't go in a million different directions like it has.

And again, what is the basis for saying racism is immoral? Or antisemitism? Or misogyny?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sad thing is I had to start the video before I realized that was fake. (I didn't know it was the Onion.) Stories like this happen, though I guess that's me being pessimistic. I don't know if it must be subtler for someone in real life to not realize that that would be unpopular.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Because homosexuality is a harmless, inoffensive act that is connected to the immutable sexual orientation of human beings.

No it's not. Sodomy is the most effective way to contract and spread diseases because it involves putting an opening of the body into human waste.

And condoms cannot protect from STDs. It's better than nothing, but viruses are small enough to pass right through. They were designed as contraceptives. And the shaft / base is exposed anyway, so there goes any protection against herpes.

You moral rationale (harmless inoffensive) is unfounded.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is midnight somewhere so I will lock this baby up for Super Bowl Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.