• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People are really reaching for QBs this year if Ryan Nassib and Mike Glennon being talked about as 1st or 2nd round prospects

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about gay Mexicans, what hope do they have?

You and your avatar being the same as Bingo, I'm not sure if I can insult you or not until I look at the name. I see you're Mem, so your monkey has hives! (I don't care if that makes sense, it's an insult, trust me.)

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of all the gay people who killed themselves because they hated being gay. If it was so easy to just say "ok I'm not gay anymore" I'm sure that would have been the easier option. The kids who get beat up and disowned, I'm sure many of them would have stopped being gay if it meant keeping the love of their family. The people who are killed in Iran and uganda, I'm sure they would have taken the easy choice that keeps them alive.

It's possible for gays to pretend, and suppress who they are to the point that it's unhealthy and leads to mental instability. Those ex-gay camps are bullshit though, they are heavily condemned by serious psychiatric associations. They are unhealthy. They are the reason we have people like Ted Haggard ruining their family, because they just had to get it out of their system after years of suppression. They are always confronted with the fact that they are living a lie.

I know there is SOME who choose, life is to complex to rule that out, but they are a small minority.

Yeah, even if you ignore the goal (to turn gays into straights), the method of doing so must be looked at both ways (I'm sure there are exceptions) - for example, if they were to try to turn you, a straight guy, into a homosexual because of some societal reason (it's absurd, but let's say population control without castration or birth control), would the ways they did it be healthy? Nope. So even if one would agree with the goal, those camps aren't healthy or good.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and your avatar being the same as Bingo, I'm not sure if I can insult you or not until I look at the name. I see you're Mem, so your monkey has hives! (I don't care if that makes sense, it's an insult, trust me.)

You're favorite Smith was Reggie! Suck it!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have one more post on topic, here. Regarding being comfortable...would a locker room of 48 in shape lesbian women be comfortable with 5 straight guys in the shower?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your favorite Smith was Reggie! Suck it!

If you had said Justin, it would be a joke. But Reggie, that's an insult. Not that there's anything wrong with him, I just like Justin Smith better. :rant:

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont give a shit if a dude is gay. Hell, the more that are gay the better since that means there will be more women out there for me to choose from.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SFGate.com » 49ers making awful PR fumbles

Well, I prefer Public Relations fumbles over Punt Return fumbles any day.

It's just a joke, I don't want people to be insulted or offended, so PR fumbles aren't good for those targeted, I just thought those initials were ironic to last year's NFCC game.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I know there's a difference between gay and straight. I live in San Francisco. I have gay friends and I have no problem whatsoever with that community.
The "I have gay friends" line died 10 years ago. Sorry, but friends don't cut down their friends for who they are. Most people who hold views like yours yet think you have close gay friends don't realize those "gay friends" generally aren't as close to you as you think and never will be.

My entire qualm is about the political correctness aspect of it, and about how everyone should be entirely comfortable with the idea of same gender sex.
Being anti-gay is wrong and it's not politically correct to say as much. It is wrong. It is as wrong as racism and sexism. People need to stop thinking it's OK to be anti-gay or hold anti-gay positions. It is NOT OK.

I'm comfortable with it, but I can also see why someone else wouldn't be. And I absolutely hate when labels like 'bigot' and 'anti-gay' are easily thrown around when someone is honest in saying he/she isn't comfortable with the idea.
OK, so someone is honest in their bigotry, which is exactly what homophobic views are, bigotry. Immature biased views against homosexuality..........ignorance. It doesn't matter what label you slap on it, wrong is wrong, and if you truly were a friend to the gay community, you wouldn't be an apologist to homophobia.

I wonder if you tell your gay friends their orientation and their plight isn't the same as other groups.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then substitute "Jewish" for "Gay." Do you "understand" someone's discomfort with a person being a Jew? If so, I think that bears looking at.

We all have prejudices. I'm not entirely comfortable with the immigrant Chinese culture. However, I'm under no illusion that my problems with that lifestyle aren't bigoted. I own it, and I've become much more tolerant. I'm hoping the same for Culliver.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's this x 1000.

The reason why homophobia exists on the level is does in comparison to racism, sexism, anti-ethnic views, religious bigotry, is due to the idea that it is the fault of gay people for the existence homophobia. Gay people have yet to have their lives affirmed by society, let alone unconditionally accepted.

We all have our preferences, and our prejudices, slight and substantial. That alone doesn't make one a bad person. But as you said, we all have our duty to own that, not blame the group you're prejudiced against for your views, and ask yourself why you feel the way and become more educated and aware. You may never become accepting, but at least you're making the effort to improve yourself as a person, and not impose your prejudice on others.

That's the place we need to get to in regards to homosexuality.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Being anti-gay is wrong and it's not politically correct to say as much. It is wrong. It is as wrong as racism and sexism. People need to stop thinking it's OK to be anti-gay or hold anti-gay positions. It is NOT OK.

Based on what?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I'd change my avatar to prove that Fagans are allowed in the 49ers locker room.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what?

Based on the fact that being anti-gay is a negative bias against persons on the basis of their sexual orientation and that alone is not a rational reason to be negatively biased towards someone.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Based on the fact that being anti-gay is a negative bias against persons on the basis of their sexual orientation and that alone is not a rational reason to be negatively biased towards someone.

Would you consider pedophilia a sexual orientation?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, pedophilia is a criminal pathology of control and manipulation of a victim. That would be like saying "rapist" is a sexual orientation. Nothing to do with a consenting relationship between two members of the same sex. Nice try though.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, pedophilia is a criminal pathology of control and manipulation of a victim. That would be like saying "rapist" is a sexual orientation. Nothing to do with a consenting relationship between two members of the same sex. Nice try though.

In countries where 13 year olds can give consent it's not a crime.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, some cultures accept that once a girl can have kids, she's available, but then that wouldn't be pedophilia. And anything short of that is a sickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.