• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Buddhist sects are athiest/agnostic. Buddha is not a god. The sects that do have deities (like Tibetans) had them from previous cultural beliefs and integrated them when they converted.

Sorry, I had to hit the sack...which is about to happen again, but thanks for the enlightenment (pun mostly not-intended). :suds:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean in the case that only one of them is gay?

I think there are a million factors that go into it, which makes it impossible to prove cause and effect when it comes to being gay. I don't think that being raised a certain way in and of itself makes a person gay. Can it contribute to how someone thinks about sexuality? Sure. I'm just saying the genetic causality hypothesis doesn't pass the same standard as it does with other genetic traits.

All I know for sure is that homosexual behaviour is a choice, just like heterosexual behaviour is a choice. Tim Tebow is apparently a virgin (unless he got married recently). He wasn't genetically predisposed to being asexual.

Lol, just when I think we probably agree, you add that last paragraph. Anyway, I'll say that it's likely very MULTIfactorial but I have to assume that the predisposition is genetic. Alcoholism, for instance, is like that. Even if the child of an alcoholic is put up for adoption at birth, they have an increased tendency to be alcoholics. They don't have to be, but they are more likely. That said, I apologize for using alcoholism as my example, just the best one that came to mind.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
culli shoulda made his comments then immediately say 'not that there's anything wrong with that'

and this would be a nonissue

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
culli shoulda made his comments then immediately say 'not that there's anything wrong with that'

and this would be a nonissue

Let's see how that works with a different set of circumstances:

"I don't do the mexican guys, man," Culliver told radio host Artie Lange. "I don't do that. No."

Asked whether there are any mexican players on the 49ers, Culliver said, "Nah. We don't got no mexican people on the team. You know, they gotta get up out of here if they do. Can't be with that beaner stuff."

"Nah. Nah. Can't be... can't... uh... be in the locker room."

Lange then asked whether Culliver thought mexican players should stay in Mexico, and Culliver responded, "Yeah, you gotta, you gotta come out 10 years later after that. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT."

Nope. Still sounds pretty bigoted and hateful.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I don't do the mexican guys, man," Culliver told radio host Artie Lange. "I don't do that. No."

Asked whether there are any mexican players on the 49ers, Culliver said, "Nah. We don't got no mexican people on the team. You know, they gotta get up out of here if they do. Can't be with that beaner stuff."

Lange then asked whether Culliver thought mexican players should stay in Mexico, and Culliver responded, "Yeah, you gotta, you gotta come out 10 years later after that. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT."

:lame: :laugh3:

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking a question about gay rights on SB week is as political as its going to get. It was a political question driven by an agenda. I'm still trying to figure out why the reporter would even ask that.

What I meant by groupthink is that everyone should have to same opinions about gay rights. Like Cully, if your opinion isn't in line with that reasoning you get shunned and crucified for even daring to say that you're uncomfortable with man on man sex.
The "reporter" was Artie Lange. Chris Culliver got baited and failed the test because he's too inarticulate, and he's anti-gay. That's his fault and he has to own up to what he did wrong.

Being anti-gay is wrong. It's actually offensive to even pretend there is a debate on that. It's not OK to make anti-gay statements. It's not OK to defend statements that are denigrating of homosexuality. Replace gay with Jew, and would anyone even need to make that clear?

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, just when I think we probably agree, you add that last paragraph. Anyway, I'll say that it's likely very MULTIfactorial but I have to assume that the predisposition is genetic. Alcoholism, for instance, is like that. Even if the child of an alcoholic is put up for adoption at birth, they have an increased tendency to be alcoholics. They don't have to be, but they are more likely. That said, I apologize for using alcoholism as my example, just the best one that came to mind.
Epigenetic and biological factors are in play as to why people are gay, straight and otherwise.

Ultimately it's not a choice, it's immutable, and heterosexual/homosexual behavior is connected to the orientation so in a way it's not really a choice, either, given the fact forced sexual repression (not morally chosen celibacy) is terribly unhealthy. Most have sex drives for a reason.

Your alcohol example, is right, in the sense that, no matter how "wrong" you think it is, or how much you want to regulate it out of a persons' psyche, no matter if you do or don't drink alcohol, you're still programmed to be an alcoholic. It's still there in you. You can't turn it off. But sexuality is a much deeper thing than alcohol that affects our lives in a very comprehensive way, so repressing sexuality and repressing the desire to drink are very different situations, which I'm sure you and others know.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epigenetic and biological factors are in play as to why people are gay, straight and otherwise.

Ultimately it's not a choice, it's immutable, and heterosexual/homosexual behavior is connected to the orientation so in a way it's not really a choice, either, given the fact forced sexual repression (not morally chosen celibacy) is terribly unhealthy. Most have sex drives for a reason.

Your alcohol example, is right, in the sense that, no matter how "wrong" you think it is, or how much you want to regulate it out of a persons' psyche, no matter if you do or don't drink alcohol, you're still programmed to be an alcoholic. It's still there in you. You can't turn it off. But sexuality is a much deeper thing than alcohol that affects our lives in a very comprehensive way, so repressing sexuality and repressing the desire to drink are very different situations, which I'm sure you and others know.

Aye..well put.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly and for those who still say you can't change being Mexican but can change being gay, that's been thoroughly debunked.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't stop being Mexican, but you can stop being gay.

Think of all the gay people who killed themselves because they hated being gay. If it was so easy to just say "ok I'm not gay anymore" I'm sure that would have been the easier option. The kids who get beat up and disowned, I'm sure many of them would have stopped being gay if it meant keeping the love of their family. The people who are killed in Iran and uganda, I'm sure they would have taken the easy choice that keeps them alive.

It's possible for gays to pretend, and suppress who they are to the point that it's unhealthy and leads to mental instability. Those ex-gay camps are bullshit though, they are heavily condemned by serious psychiatric associations. They are unhealthy. They are the reason we have people like Ted Haggard ruining their family, because they just had to get it out of their system after years of suppression. They are always confronted with the fact that they are living a lie.

I know there is SOME who choose, life is to complex to rule that out, but they are a small minority.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind, you can't argue with ignorant.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comparing sexual orientation to race is highly questionable.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing sexual orientation to race is highly questionable.

The fact that you mention sexual orientation leads me to believe that you know there is a difference between gay and straight. And that you probably like arguing for the sake of argument.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you mention sexual orientation leads me to believe that you know there is a difference between gay and straight. And that you probably like arguing for the sake of argument.

Of course I know there's a difference between gay and straight. I live in San Francisco. I have gay friends and I have no problem whatsoever with that community. My entire qualm is about the political correctness aspect of it, and about how everyone should be entirely comfortable with the idea of same gender sex.

I'm comfortable with it, but I can also see why someone else wouldn't be. And I absolutely hate when labels like 'bigot' and 'anti-gay' are easily thrown around when someone is honest in saying he/she isn't comfortable with the idea.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I know there's a difference between gay and straight. I live in San Francisco. I have gay friends and I have no problem whatsoever with that community. My entire qualm is about the political correctness aspect of it, and about how everyone should be entirely comfortable with the idea of same gender sex.

I'm comfortable with it, but I can also see why someone else wouldn't be. And I absolutely hate when labels like 'bigot' and 'anti-gay' are easily thrown around when someone is honest in saying he/she isn't comfortable with the idea.

Ok, then substitute "Jewish" for "Gay." Do you "understand" someone's discomfort with a person being a Jew? If so, I think that bears looking at.

We all have prejudices. I'm not entirely comfortable with the immigrant Chinese culture. However, I'm under no illusion that my problems with that lifestyle aren't bigoted. I own it, and I've become much more tolerant. I'm hoping the same for Culliver.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then substitute "Jewish" for "Gay." Do you "understand" someone's discomfort with a person being a Jew? If so, I think that bears looking at.

We all have prejudices. I'm not entirely comfortable with the immigrant Chinese culture. However, I'm under no illusion that my problems with that lifestyle aren't bigoted. I own it, and I've become much more tolerant. I'm hoping the same for Culliver.

Outstanding post, tzill! Well stated!

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand a straight person not wanting to watch to gay guys have sex, that's perfectly understandable, but that wasn't the question or the answer.

The question was would gays be accepted on the team, the answer was no they wouldn't get out of here with that, I don't do that sweet stuff.

Gays on the team aren't going to give each other head in the middle of the locker room, Culliver would most likely never see anyone having sex. He wont see anyone get fisted, no rim jobs...nothing. He doesn't accept gays on the team, there was no clarifying statement about sex. Fact is he made a dumb ass statement days before the superbowl which makes it that much more stupid.

I don't get why any support for gays against people who say dumb shit is always dismissed as political correctness either. I couldn't give a fuck about being politically correct, some of us just don't agree and think it's ignorant. As Chris Kluwe said, gays aren't cock monsters. When people act like they are, I'm not being politically correct to think they are saying dumb shit. I don't think treating gays like crap is an equally valid opinion that should be accepted, that's not politically correct, it's basic human decency and respect for other people.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You talking about first generation female Asian drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.