• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's wrong to be "anti-gay". But what's anti-gay? I don't think what Culliver said is "anti-gay".

I do. Saying "get off the team" to a gay guy would be anti gay. Not being friends with him is fine, not understanding him is fine, ignore him, cool. To not even being able to act like a professional in the same organization as a gay person can be considered anti gay.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He spoke his honest opinion, there's to many double standards today and people worrying about being politically correct. Good for him.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver has his opinion just like anyone else. I don't like it but he repeat can have his own opinion.

He should of never answered. It is what is we move on to Sunday.

End of thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry but twins are not 100% genetic matches all the time.

I was just referring to identical twins. And no, they're not 100% identical in every smallest way, but identical twins have been used to show genetic causality (or lack hereof) in a myriad of other ways.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He spoke his honest opinion, there's to many double standards today and people worrying about being politically correct. Good for him.

There is no double standard. He can speak his opinion, and those of us that think his opinion is ignorant and void of compassion can say so as well. That's how freedom works.

As it turns out, those of us who speak up for gay rights are winning out, and those of you who are losing traction don't like it, so you see it as some unwarranted attack.

This idea that treating gays like shit is and equally acceptable second opinion doesn't fly. It's just not acceptable. Find me any second class citizens in history that just silently sat and accepted it. There is a reason none of them ever do.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just referring to identical twins. And no, they're not 100% identical in every smallest way, but identical twins have been used to show genetic causality (or lack hereof) in a myriad of other ways.

So am I. I mean identical twins. Eye color, height, diseases etc.. the difference occur in identical twins.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As it turns out, those of us who speak up for gay rights are winning out

Come now. Every single time they put up the gay marriage issue to a vote it's lost. Even in the New Soviet Union they call California.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come now. Every single time they put up the gay marriage issue to a vote it's lost. Even in the New Soviet Union they call California.

The trend in polling shows support for gay rights growing every year. Gays are gaining ground. With each place that legalizes gay marriage and other rights people are seeing that society isn't turning on it's head.

There is even rappers speaking out on gay rights now, do you realize how unheard of that was in hip hop? straight rappers are making songs in support of gay rights, one (murs) even played a gay character and kissed a guy for a music video. 10 years ago that would be a career killer.

It's only a matter of time before history looks back at the "anti-gay" crowd the same way they look back at other bigoted groups.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The trend in polling shows support for gay rights growing every year. Gays are gaining ground. With each place that legalizes gay marriage and other rights people are seeing that society isn't turning on it's head.

You're right that they have gained ground. But gay marriage has only been legalized by court decisions; it's still batting .000 at the polls.

It's only a matter of time before history looks back at the "anti-gay" crowd the same way they look back at other bigoted groups.

Some people already think that way, but being against homosexuality will never be seen in the same light as things like racism because it's not the same kind of thing. Nobody can argue that people have a choice whether they're white, black or other; people will always be able to argue that homosexuality is a choice.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homosexuality - most likely a function of hormones. Not genetic, not a choice. Its stunning how you can continually act so confident about things you clearly know so little about.

This all comes down to your religious beliefs, right? Just say it, you don't know what you're talking about, but have had certain ideas drilled into your head, and failed to think critically about them, instead rationalizing them with whatever random bits and pieces that come to mind.

When I think of Sickness, I don't think of religion. It would shock me if he was religious, but maybe I'm mistaken. I don't have argument with anything you said one way or another, as I think everyone has something drilled in their head that makes critical thinking difficult in regards to different topics. I wouldn't pretend to be above it (not saying you are, I'm just not going to criticize too much.) Some people it's about science, some it's about sexuality, some about race, some about gambling, some about drugs, some about gun control, some about immigration, etc. And there are those on both sides of each issue that are like this.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait sickness, your vote talking point is no longer valid. I forgot, gay marriage got popular vote in Maine, Maryland and Washington for the 2012 elections.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wait sickness, your vote talking point is no longer valid. I forgot, gay marriage got popular vote in Maine, Maryland and Washington for the 2012 elections.

Really? I honestly didn't know that. I got a bit of political fatigue and stopped paying attention to a lot of it.

Thanks for correcting me.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right that they have gained ground. But gay marriage has only been legalized by court decisions; it's still batting .000 at the polls.

Some people already think that way, but being against homosexuality will never be seen in the same light as things like racism because it's not the same kind of thing. Nobody can argue that people have a choice whether they're white, black or other; people will always be able to argue that homosexuality is a choice.

less people are arguing that it's a choice too.

How about the similarities of those that thought interracial marriage should remain illegal? the effects it would have on society if people started falling in love outside of their own race where supposed to be catastrophic too. Just like gay marriage interracial couples got married and no one noticed any change in their personal lives.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I honestly didn't know that. I got a bit of political fatigue and stopped paying attention to a lot of it.

Thanks for correcting me.

yep, almost passed in Minnesota as well. The no vote was only a little over 100,000 difference.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont believe homosexuality is an orientation but I do believe they should have equality and the same rights as anyone else.
I also think gays, gov., religious groups, etc., should be open to compromise. Whats wrong with a recognized union of a gay couple without calling it marriage? I am ignorant to how the ceremony would be orchestrated but do they change the Words of scripture in the Bible, that makes it a union under God?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont believe homosexuality is an orientation but I do believe they should have equality and the same rights as anyone else.
I also think gays, gov., religious groups, etc., should be open to compromise. Whats wrong with a recognized union of a gay couple without calling it marriage? I am ignorant to how the ceremony would be orchestrated but do they change the Words of scripture in the Bible, that makes it a union under God?

Who says bible owns the right to marriage? All religions get married, as well as atheists & agnostics. The myth that Christians own marriage needs to die. What about gay friendly churches? Why do anti-gay churches get to decide for them?

I'm a Buddhist and Agnostic. The Bible, Church, and God would have no role in any marriage for me. Some Buddhist sects have zero problem with homosexuality, the ones that do have them (like Tibetans) are based more on cultural beliefs than Buddhists teachings.

I think it should be churches that don't approve gay marriage don't have to, those that do should be able to. and the government should be operated separately from any religious decision. Any government denying an atheist a right to marry because the church doesn't approve is flawed.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says bible owns the right to marriage? All religions get married, as well as atheists & agnostics. The myth that Christians own marriage needs to die. What about gay friendly churches? Why do anti-gay churches get to decide for them?

I'm a Buddhist and Agnostic. The Bible, Church, and God would have no role in any marriage for me. Some Buddhist sects have zero problem with homosexuality, the ones that do have them (like Tibetans) are based more on cultural beliefs than Buddhists teachings.

I think it should be churches that don't approve gay marriage don't have to, those that do should be able to. and the government should be operated separately from any religious decision. Any government denying an atheist a right to marry because the church doesn't approve is flawed.

what you dont understand is, I agree with you. I am not saying that the Bible owns the rights to marriage.

Based on a country that was founded on Christian beliefs, most ceremonies are conducted with verses recited from the Bible. I was asking do they altar the ceremony? Is it different from what is viewed traditional in a country founded on christian beliefs?

I am trying to gain knowledge, not state any facts. enlighten me, thank you.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can only think Culliver was thinking about the whole situation including the lockeroom...

Do men and woman share lockerooms? I can only think that would be awkward (And he specificly pointed out the lockeroom)...

I don't take issue with what Culliver said, he said what was on his mind and it didn't go over-board...

The only people who would take exception to his specific comments are both overly sensitive and are looking for a fight...

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only think Culliver was thinking about the whole situation including the lockeroom...

Do men and woman share lockerooms? I can only think that would be awkward (And he specificly pointed out the lockeroom)...

I don't take issue with what Culliver said, he said what was on his mind and it didn't go over-board...

The only people who would take exception to his specific comments are both overly sensitive and are looking for a fight...

I think he went over board by labeling gays as "sweet". Not all gay guys try to act like a woman or feminine. I am pretty sure there are plenty of gay guys that would whoop his tail

Status
Not open for further replies.