• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with what he said but all this political correct horseshit makes me want to vomit. While not neccessarily the smartest thing to say if its how you feel your entitled to it. We do have freedom of speech in this country. Though its biased say something about gays prepare to be destroyed, say something about say the tea party and your revered. Not going to get into my views on the sanity of the tea party but still who cares what a foootball player says about politics... kind of like actors... if I want political opinion Ill turn to a political analyst. If the Cully makes some good plays in the superbowl I don't care if he goes home and celebrates by blowing a goat or takes a leak on a picture of Rush Limbaugh or Obama.

The trouble is that Culliver apparently cares if his teammate makes a game saving play in the super bowl he will care if the team mate goes home and blows a dude.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with what he said but all this political correct horseshit makes me want to vomit. While not neccessarily the smartest thing to say if its how you feel your entitled to it. We do have freedom of speech in this country. Though its biased say something about gays prepare to be destroyed, say something about say the tea party and your revered. Not going to get into my views on the sanity of the tea party but still who cares what a foootball player says about politics... kind of like actors... if I want political opinion Ill turn to a political analyst. If the Cully makes some good plays in the superbowl I don't care if he goes home and celebrates by blowing a goat or takes a leak on a picture of Rush Limbaugh or Obama.

Freedom of speech only protects you from punishment from the law. It doesn't protect you from others countering your opinion that you made available to the public.

He is entitled to his opinion, and supporters of gay rights are entitled to their opposition of his opinions.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Get off the team, I don't do that sweet shit"

Yes i was paraphrasing. I don't think it differs though, it's essentially the same. get outta here, get off the team. can't be with that sweet stuff...

I wouldn't mind sharing a locker room with gays, I already have in highschool.

Believe it or not gays aren't going to jump on your bone in the middle of the locker room or jack off in your face. But i have heard some pretty nasty stories from straight guys like Charles Haley and his dick in the locker room.

And that is your opinion... What about the people who would be uncomfortable with it? Do men and woman share lockerooms?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know for sure is that homosexual behavior is a choice, just like heterosexual behavior is a choice.

Honest question. Unless you're gay, how can you, or anyone who isn't gay know for sure it is a choice? As a heterosexual male I can tell you for sure that I did not choose that.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is your opinion... What about the people who would be uncomfortable with it? Do men and woman share lockerooms?

No

Gays aren't women though. Gays are as capable as straight men at respecting other men's privacy. I know many straight guys have the irrational fear that all gay men they encounter are just waiting to hit on them, but they really aren't.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No

Gays aren't women though. Gays are as capable as straight men at respecting other men's privacy. I know many straight guys have the irrational fear that all gay men they encounter are just waiting to hit on them, but they really aren't.

You are right, not all gay guys are going to hit on straight guys... But that isn't the point... Its the sexual prefference that is at question... Have you ever heard of Jerry Sandusky? All it takes is one...

And Chris Culliver and any other player has the right to feel uncomfortable with a situation like this...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch:

49ers: “The San Francisco 49ers reject the comments that were made yesterday, and have addressed the matter with Chris ...

...There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.”

Chris Culliver statment: "The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel."

(Culliver cont.) "It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings ...

. are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience

Re: Culliver statement: Aren't the thoughts in our head a reflection of our true feelings? #49ers #SB47

Oy! I don't know how many sports fans agree with me but I often cringe when I read these kinds of statements. Ones that you know the player themself could never come up with and construct on their own. Obviously I don't know if Culliver is truly sorry and feels bad about what he said, and that's the main issue when all is said and done, but for me it would look better if the statement didn't seem SO far from the type of talk you usually get from Culliver. Hopefully that makes sense?

I basically have this thought come to mind when I read those prepared statements that sound nothing like the person and more like something drafted by the PR department.... but they say it comes from the person.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch:

49ers: “The San Francisco 49ers reject the comments that were made yesterday, and have addressed the matter with Chris ...

...There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.”

Chris Culliver statment: "The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel."

(Culliver cont.) "It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings ...

. are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience

Re: Culliver statement: Aren't the thoughts in our head a reflection of our true feelings? #49ers #SB47

Oy! I don't know how many sports fans agree with me but I often cringe when I read these kinds of statements. Ones that you know the player themself could never come up with and construct on their own. Obviously I don't know if Culliver is truly sorry and feels bad about what he said, and that's the main issue when all is said and done, but for me it would look better if the statement didn't seem SO far from the type of talk you usually get from Culliver. Hopefully that makes sense?

As soon as i read "The derogatory comments", it was evident they were not his words

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, not all gay guys are going to hit on straight guys... But that isn't the point... Its the sexual prefference that is at question... Have you ever heard of Jerry Sandusky? All it takes is one...

And Chris Culliver and any other player has the right to feel uncomfortable with a situation like this...

Are NFL locker rooms full of under age boys? what does sandusky have to do with it? believe me no NFL player is going to be raped by a teammate.

He could feel uncomfortable all he wants. It's not his decision to make though, if the team wants to sign an openly gay player, he'd have to figure out how he wants to handle it on a professional level.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are NFL locker rooms full of under age boys? what does sandusky have to do with it? believe me no NFL player is going to be raped by a teammate.

He could feel uncomfortable all he wants. It's not his decision to make though, if the team wants to sign an openly gay player, he'd have to figure out how he wants to handle it on a professional level.

damn don't you think it's about time to put your soap box away.......

everyone is not going to think gay is ok,get over it,,,,,,,those who get on here and defend it only make it worse to be honest we would just as soon forget about them but with people always trying to shove it down our throats all they are doing is pissing people off

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

everyone is not going to think gay is ok,get over it,,,,,,,those who get on here and defend it only make it worse to be honest we would just as soon forget about them but with people always trying to shove it down our throats all they are doing is pissing people off

Yeah, how dare they want to be accepted by society! What impudence, go back in the closet. (sarcasm)

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So people who speak against gay rights are the only ones who have the right to speak about it now?

Did I make a thread saying "HEY GUYS ACCEPT GAY RIGHT NOW!" or is there a thread discussing comments a 49er player made on a 49er message board? If you don't like the discussions on this topic, avoid the thread. I happen to enjoy philosophical discussions. If you don't fine, I didn't shove anything down your throat.

If me having compassion for human beings and standing up for them makes you pissed, so be it, but I'll use my freedom to do so as I wish. Feel free to counter any point I made, other wise you are wasting everyone's time.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, how dare they want to be accepted by society! What impudence, go back in the closet. (sarcasm)

tell me when I don't approve and at least half the country does not approve,,,why should we have to be force fed that it is ok,,,,you see we may not be able to stop it but we are allowed to have our own opinion,,,and all the bleeding hearts in the world can not take that away from us

hell who am I to tell you you can't suck a dick or butt fuck one of your buddies,,,,,go ahead,,,just don't tell me about it

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. Saying "get off the team" to a gay guy would be anti gay. Not being friends with him is fine, not understanding him is fine, ignore him, cool. To not even being able to act like a professional in the same organization as a gay person can be considered anti gay.

I think that's ridiculous. Not wanting a gay guy with you in the locker room is a matter of comfort, not hatred or bigotry.

This is the same reason why, you know, men and women have different locker rooms.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
holy shit,,,,what a load of bullshit,,,yeah I read the whole thread so he doesn't like gays on the team,I can't say that I blame him,,,as for it being hate or this one fucking kills me HOMOPHOBIC ,,,bullshit this is the USA people and each of us are allowed their own opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those of you who are offended by this well that is tough cookies

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever pointed out to you that you use commas where you should use periods? In literally every post I've seen you make....

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people who speak against gay rights are the only ones who have the right to speak about it now?

Did I make a thread saying "HEY GUYS ACCEPT GAY RIGHT NOW!" or is there a thread discussing comments a 49er player made on a 49er message board? If you don't like the discussions on this topic, avoid the thread. I happen to enjoy philosophical discussions. If you don't fine, I didn't shove anything down your throat.

If me having compassion for human beings and standing up for them makes you pissed, so be it, but I'll use my freedom to do so as I wish. Feel free to counter any point I made, other wise you are wasting everyone's time.

the bottom line is the world knows about the gays,,,,I for one could care less what you/they do,,,,,very few of us want to hear about it,,,,yet everyone has to yap about it

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever pointed out to you that you use commas where you should use periods? In literally every post I've seen you make....

hey the keys are side by side I hit both of them

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell me when I don't approve and at least half the country does not approve,,,why should we have to be force fed that it is ok,,,,you see we may not be able to stop it but we are allowed to have our own opinion,,,and all the bleeding hearts in the world can not take that away from us

hell who am I to tell you you can't suck a dick or butt fuck one of your buddies,,,,,go ahead,,,just don't tell me about it

Yep, you do have a right to your opinion. Last time I checked you are the one attempting to stop me from giving my opinion, not the other way around. You are the one getting pissed, while I am completely level headed and having an adult conversation. You are the one telling me to suck cock and take dick in my ass, your mind is going there on it's own.

As a matter of fact you are the first person to bring explicit sex into this, maybe that says something about you. The rest of us where discussing rights and tolerances.

You should learn to handle the fact that important discussions will always have counter opinions. If you want a discussion where everyone sees things your way find a group for that.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bottom line is the world knows about the gays,,,,I for one could care less what you/they do,,,,,very few of us want to hear about it,,,,yet everyone has to yap about it

I guess it's unfortunate for you. You are going to keep hearing these discussions until gay's have equal rights and don't live like 2nd class citizens. Don't worry shouldn't be to much longer. It will go especially fast if people like you accept the inevitable and stop trying to silence those who want to get it done. :suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.