• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you do have a right to your opinion. Last time I checked you are the one attempting to stop me from giving my opinion, not the other way around. You are the one getting pissed, while I am completely level headed and having an adult conversation. You are the one telling me to suck cock and take dick in my ass, your mind is going there on it's own.

As a matter of fact you are the first person to bring explicit sex into this, maybe that says something about you. The rest of us where discussing rights and tolerances.

You should learn to handle the fact that important discussions will always have counter opinions. If you want a discussion where everyone sees things your way find a group for that.

no,no.no,,,go back and look I made 1 post bettween 4 and 5 pm and until after midnight I did not post again,,,,you on the other hand have been going on for around 8 hrs now,,,,,now where during the vast majority of that time did I say anything to you

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's unfortunate for you. You are going to keep hearing these discussions until gay's have equal rights and don't live like 2nd class citizens. Don't worry shouldn't be to much longer. It will go especially fast if people like you accept the inevitable and stop trying to silence those who want to get it done. :suds:

Please.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's ridiculous. Not wanting a gay guy with you in the locker room is a matter of comfort, not hatred or bigotry.

This is the same reason why, you know, men and women have different locker rooms.

I guess Culliver could always get dressed in another room if he is uncomfortable. I don't see why a gay guy would have to get off the team.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Culliver could always get dressed in another room if he is uncomfortable. I don't see why a gay guy would have to get off the team.

I'm sure Cully doesn't have the power to kick anybody off the team. And you're delusional if you think that Cully is the only one in the 49ers locker room who holds the same viewpoint.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're right that they have gained ground. But gay marriage has only been legalized by court decisions; it's still batting .000 at the polls.

Some people already think that way, but being against homosexuality will never be seen in the same light as things like racism because it's not the same kind of thing. Nobody can argue that people have a choice whether they're white, black or other; people will always be able to argue that homosexuality is a choice.

Haven't made it through the whole thread, but this is wrong, Sick. Maryland, Maine, and Washington all passed same-sex marriage through state-wide referendums in the most recent election. I know the Washington law has gone into effect. Not sure about the other two. And the legislatures in NY, NH, and DC all passed same-sex marriage bills.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say this as a pro athlete and this is a touchy subject and being openly gay would only put pressure on the player and his teammates not to mention the team itself the media loves shit like this,,,remaining quiet about it would be better all the way around,,,after a career is over do what you want

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think he went over board by labeling gays as "sweet". Not all gay guys try to act like a woman or feminine. I am pretty sure there are plenty of gay guys that would whoop his tail

Kwame Harris in his prime being one of them. Guy couldn't pass block for shit, but I bet he'd handle himself just fine in a knock-down, drag-out fight.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no?

Here's a definition.

A second-class citizen is a person who is systematically discriminated against within a state or other political jurisdiction, despite their nominal status as a citizen or legal resident there. While not necessarily slaves, outlaws or criminals, second-class citizens have limited legal rights, civil rights and economic opportunities, and are often subject to mistreatment or neglect at the hands of their putative superiors.

Does that not apply to gays? They are legal citizens of this country, but they don't have equal rights as other legal citizens. They are mistreated, outcasted even by their own families in some cases. Up until recently they couldn't even serve openly even though they where willing to die for their country. Many religions reject them.

In some countries it's still considered perfectly fine to kill gays, it's even the law. If that's not 2nd class citizen what is?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this as a pro athlete and this is a touchy subject and being openly gay would only put pressure on the player and his teammates not to mention the team itself the media loves shit like this,,,remaining quiet about it would be better all the way around,,,after a career is over do what you want

Ahhh-Greed!! Hell, even after the SB would be a better time.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no,no.no,,,go back and look I made 1 post bettween 4 and 5 pm and until after midnight I did not post again,,,,you on the other hand have been going on for around 8 hrs now,,,,,now where during the vast majority of that time did I say anything to you

Just now before this post. :laugh3:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no?

Here's a definition.

A second-class citizen is a person who is systematically discriminated against within a state or other political jurisdiction, despite their nominal status as a citizen or legal resident there. While not necessarily slaves, outlaws or criminals, second-class citizens have limited legal rights, civil rights and economic opportunities, and are often subject to mistreatment or neglect at the hands of their putative superiors.

Does that not apply to gays? They are legal citizens of this country, but they don't have equal rights as other legal citizens. They are mistreated, outcasted even by their own families in some cases. Up until recently they couldn't even serve openly even though they where willing to die for their country. Many religions reject them.

In some countries it's still considered perfectly fine to kill gays, it's even the law. If that's not 2nd class citizen what is?

Gays are not systematically discriminated against. That's not factual at all. In fact, anyone who dares to discriminate against them in today's world is instantly shunned and crucified.

There are plenty of REAL 2nd class citizens around the world. American gays are not one of those groups.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh-Greed!! Hell, even after the SB would be a better time.

call it greed if you want but being open could jeopardize a career.I can see Teams not being interested in knowingly having one on the team,and how could the player prove discrimination?

players are cut all the time and there is no written law saying any team must play a certain player,hell they risk it all by coming out of the closet,,,it would be a shame to throw away a multi million dollar a year career away and end up bagging groceries at the local Save A Lot

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just now before this post. :laugh3:

you just go ahead and stand on that soapbox I checked for a solid 6 hrs you were on here beating your drum and I didn't interrupt you once,,,,and now because I think you have had more than enough time to get your message across you're going to bitch because I don't see it your way

sorry it's not going to happen

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gays are not systematically discriminated against. That's not factual at all. In fact, anyone who dares to discriminate against them in today's world is instantly shunned and crucified.

There are plenty of REAL 2nd class citizens around the world. American gays are not one of those groups.

When gays are legally banned from getting married, that's systematic discrimination. When gays where told they can't serve openly or they'd lose their job in the military that was systematic discrimination. Gays are denied legal benefits that other couples get, simply because they are gay.

Wanna remind me of the other groups as prominent as gays that are still denied right in america?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Incidentally, arguably funny, semi-related college story: I was hammered one night, and talking to my friend who was a Packers fan who was also hammered right around the time Garrison Hearst made his comments (can't remember exactly what he said now). He was calling Hearst a homophobe, and in my drunken state, I was like, "Don't talk bad about Garrison!" and started to basically choke him. All the sudden he's trying to fight me, and I realize what I'm doing and let go. But he's still basically trying to fight me, and I'm much bigger, so I'm easily restraining him and apologizing, but it's only making him more upset that I'm restraining him so easily. Bit of a comedy of errors. Made it up on the drunken "gong show" wall of our friend's dorm room for that one.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just go ahead and stand on that soapbox I checked for a solid 6 hrs you were on here beating your drum and I didn't interrupt you once,,,,and now because I think you have had more than enough time to get your message across you're going to bitch because I don't see it your way

sorry it's not going to happen

I spend my time as I like, spend yours how you like.

People are still making points I'm countering them. Spending time on a nice philosophical discussion is better than sitting in front of the TV watching pointless crap. I like my views to be challenged and I like challenging others. I think these discussions are healthy to have.

I'm not mad at all though. Not one bit of anger exists inside of me. I couldn't care less about you honestly. You are free to move on at any point. You are only here by your own choice. You've already said you are pissed. Do something to get rid of that anger, I can't tell you what that is, it's up to you to find out what will fix your problem.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When gays are legally banned from getting married, that's systematic discrimination. When gays where told they can't serve openly or they'd lose their job in the military that was systematic discrimination. Gays are denied legal benefits that other couples get, simply because they are gay.

Wanna remind me of the other groups as prominent as gays that are still denied right in america?

how about the native Americans,,,we only killed them stole their land and took away their freedom,,,,,,,,and many still live in poverty today on reservations that most of us wouldn't slow down long enough to take a piss on

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean in the case that only one of them is gay?

I think there are a million factors that go into it, which makes it impossible to prove cause and effect when it comes to being gay. I don't think that being raised a certain way in and of itself makes a person gay. Can it contribute to how someone thinks about sexuality? Sure. I'm just saying the genetic causality hypothesis doesn't pass the same standard as it does with other genetic traits.

All I know for sure is that homosexual behaviour is a choice, just like heterosexual behaviour is a choice. Tim Tebow is apparently a virgin (unless he got married recently). He wasn't genetically predisposed to being asexual.

You're right about the difficulty of proving a theory on homosexuality caused by the way people are raised. If one were trying to prove that it was nurture over nature, as in how the parents raised them, or events in the life that shaped, etc., it would have to be after-the-fact self-reported. I would find a study on that very difficult. Like would they ask the parents what they did as a habit in raising the kid, when both the parents and the children look to actions differently? Ask them if they encouraged or discouraged certain behaviors or actions? How they treated the friends of the child? If they were the oldest son or middle child or youngest daughter? Age differences, etc?

My point is there are a lot of factors in how a life is shaped, with or without genetic input. If one were trying to prove it is based on how someone IS raised, as opposed to deductive reasoning (attempt to disprove other theories such as genetics), it would be difficult to monitor all the factors. It'd be more of a it's not A or B so it must be C - ignoring that there are options D, E, F, etc. It certainly can't be done as a study concurrently, as in they couldn't take two twins raise them apart, differently and see whether certain treatment induces homosexuality.

I might have said it here before, but my aunt was saying I must be of the same party as my dad because he's my dad and I was raised by him. But she can't explain why she's a different party than she is, when she was raised by the same parents. Silly logic by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.