• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind my comment above on Crabtree, I didn't see that you responded, I just thought his misread of your comments along with what I thought was a misread of his, was funny.

You're bored - post again for your 4000th post :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to say to 101flyboy, and you don't have to respond here (I can't message you yet), that if you are one of the regulars and felt like you had to create a new handle for your discussions here and revelation of your orientation, I think and hope you know most of us would accept you the same as any straight poster. Those who wouldn't just talk football or have civil discussions with you are out of place. If you are a regular here and want to respond, feel free to respond with your real handle (because new handle does not have messaging capabilities, yet) in a private message, or here as 101flyboy (even if you're a newbie).

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're bored - post again for your 4000th post :)

This is 4,001, now. :( But yeah, I'm bored waiting for the SB and I can't sleep (not all just football, I have other stuff I need to do).

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a cousin who is gay and who I knew was gay for as far back as I can remember. I have a great friend that I have known through sports since I was 6 who I also knew was gay since the day I met him. Neither had to say anything for me to know they were, although they both came out to me later, yet I knew. I have watched both my cousin and friend get harassed, ridiculed, even beaten up at school (one of the biggest brawls I had ever been a part in, protecting him) all because of sexual orientation. Why the FUCK would anyone CHOOSE that? The constant barrage of hate, the constant reminder that the laws demand that you are less then your neighbor.

The thing is Ghost and others that agree with his premise, gay couples don't blow each other on BART or fuck in the middle of the street nor do they really talk much about it. The argument isn't "I don't want to hear about what you do in your bedroom". The argument is why homosexuals do NOT have the same rights as their heterosexual counterparts....simply because of who they decide to love? Procreation arguments are wrong considering that plenty of hetero couples cannot. Religious arguments are wrong because our rights as Americans are NOT based around religion.

We will look back on these days in 30 yrs and shake our heads at our country's prejudice. It's a damn shame really. Who really gives a fuck what ANYONE does on their own time?!?!? And why should that affect the same life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness that hetero couples receive?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way for Cully to redeem himself is to play mad and determined Sunday. Yep, his comments got him in trouble (as dumb as they were), but if they win and he had a hand in it, all will be forgiven.

Now if Cully wants to dedicate this game to the people he offended or what not, that's up to him. But just play lights out and focus on the game.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's wrong to be "anti-gay". But what's anti-gay? I don't think what Culliver said is "anti-gay".
What Culliver said was very anti-gay. He said he wouldn't welcome a gay player on his team. That is anti-gay personified.

Being anti-gay is holding a negative view of a person, situation, because it's/they're gay. A negative bias against being gay and against homosexuality.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Procreation arguments are wrong considering that plenty of hetero couples cannot.

I don't agree with them by the way, but I think those that claim that would focus more on that those who only have intercourse a person of the same sex can't reproduce, rather than heterosexual couples can. They'd argue that nature only allows one way, but not that it allows all people to be successful (while naturally some heterosexuals can't (your point), all homosexuals can't with each other). That there's no design that allows that and therefore it's not natural, like a fish can't have babies with a bull. I'm sure there were feelings of that as to other races, dating back to time where the first encounters with different people were.

But, yeah, I agree that I wouldn't hinge my beliefs of the correctness or anything of homosexuality on the fact of who can and who cannot procreate, as far as it not being natural. Every one from either sexuality has natural reasons why they can or cannot procreate, doesn't make it right or wrong. Or a choice. If I were to try to prove it as a choice or not natural, I'd try some other way.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a cousin who is gay and who I knew was gay for as far back as I can remember. I have a great friend that I have known through sports since I was 6 who I also knew was gay since the day I met him. Neither had to say anything for me to know they were, although they both came out to me later, yet I knew. I have watched both my cousin and friend get harassed, ridiculed, even beaten up at school (one of the biggest brawls I had ever been a part in, protecting him) all because of sexual orientation. Why the FUCK would anyone CHOOSE that? The constant barrage of hate, the constant reminder that the laws demand that you are less then your neighbor.

The thing is Ghost and others that agree with his premise, gay couples don't blow each other on BART or fuck in the middle of the street nor do they really talk much about it. The argument isn't "I don't want to hear about what you do in your bedroom". The argument is why homosexuals do NOT have the same rights as their heterosexual counterparts....simply because of who they decide to love? Procreation arguments are wrong considering that plenty of hetero couples cannot. Religious arguments are wrong because our rights as Americans are NOT based around religion.

We will look back on these days in 30 yrs and shake our heads at our country's prejudice. It's a damn shame really. Who really gives a fuck what ANYONE does on their own time?!?!? And why should that affect the same life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness that hetero couples receive?

This. Plus, here is one to ponder: God is omniscient. The world is facing an overpopulation issue. The amount of children needing foster care is astronomical. Could this all be part of God's plan? It comes down to recognizing other humans for what they are. HUMAN! It shocks me when someone can rage on about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness out of one end of their mouth, and see nothing wrong with suspending it for others out of the other side. Cully, get over yourself. No dude in your locker room is going to make you do or see anything that you don't want. Anyone that agrees with him, it affects you even less.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with them by the way, but I think those that claim that would focus more on that those who only have intercourse a person of the same sex can't reproduce, rather than heterosexual couples can. They'd argue that nature only allows one way, but not that it allows all people to be successful (while naturally some heterosexuals can't (your point), all homosexuals can't with each other). That there's no design that allows that and therefore it's not natural, like a fish can't have babies with a bull. I'm sure there were feelings of that as to other races, dating back to time where the first encounters with different people were.

But, yeah, I agree that I wouldn't hinge my beliefs of the correctness or anything of homosexuality on the fact of who can and who cannot procreate, as far as it not being natural. Every one from either sexuality has natural reasons why they can or cannot procreate, doesn't make it right or wrong. Or a choice. If I were to try to prove it as a choice or not natural, I'd try some other way.

If any intercourse without the goal of procreation is an abomination, then I commit an abomination with my wife quite often. All sins are equal... unless I'm committing them, apparently. The hypocrisy of this "debate" is staggering.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, being indoctrinated into believing ignorance isn't an excuse for said ignorance. Secondly, homosexuality isn't a lifestyle. So what am I condemning? Not people, but the belief that there is something somehow wrong in being gay, or engaging in same-sex intercourse, when there isn't.

First, I am for gay rights and equality.

Secondly, the message should be that, people should agree to disagree and love/respect one another on the grounds of indifference.

You seem to fit in the mold of, only your Opinion matters and everyone should have the same view point as yourself? You dont see it but you are no different than those who dont respect what you believe in your heart is right.

If a Christian believes in their heart that the Word of God is knowledge and wisdom, who are you to say, they are indoctrinated in to believing ignorance? Why not just say, I dont believe in your god, or i disagree with your God?

You are expressing an adverse judgement on those who believe what they believe, how is that not condemning them?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If a Christian believes in their heart that the Word of God is knowledge and wisdom, who are you to say, they are indoctrinated in to believing ignorance? Why not just say, I dont believe in your god, or i disagree with your God?

You are expressing an adverse judgement on those who believe what they believe, how is that not condemning them?

Now, I will just address this point because its something I feel somewhat strongly about. I was raised catholic, church every Sunday, CCD, my dad goes to church every day, no catholic schools but fairly comprehensive.

But then when I was old enough, and had learned enough to be able to think for myself, I realized that its all nonsense. There are certainly valuable lessons to be learned in the whole thing, but as far as god and all the stories of His intervention, and the worship of divine beings, its all fairly ridiculous.

So when I see grown-ups who believe these things without the slightest bit of evidence simply because they were taught these things - in my perspective unable or unwilling to think for themselves - and this leads them to hate on groups they've been instructed to hate on, I have zero respect for this stance and feel they should be able to know better. Just because you've been taught something doesn't mean you can't grow out it when you have more evidence and ability to think critically.

Now, I am expressing an adverse judgment, and I understand and accept if people call me an asshole for this opinion. But in the end, I am denouncing a *belief*, something someone has control over and can change, not a biological condition or something that someone is born with. This goes for people who are indoctrinated into a political belief, or racial belief, or other similar attitudes. That, to me and probably others, is a crucial and fundamental difference.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I will just address this point because its something I feel somewhat strongly about. I was raised catholic, church every Sunday, CCD, my dad goes to church every day, no catholic schools but fairly comprehensive.

But then when I was old enough, and had learned enough to be able to think for myself, I realized that its all nonsense. There are certainly valuable lessons to be learned in the whole thing, but as far as god and all the stories of His intervention, and the worship of divine beings, its all fairly ridiculous.

So when I see grown-ups who believe these things without the slightest bit of evidence simply because they were taught these things - in my perspective unable or unwilling to think for themselves - and this leads them to hate on groups they've been instructed to hate on, I have zero respect for this stance and feel they should be able to know better. Just because you've been taught something doesn't mean you can't grow out it when you have more evidence and ability to think critically.

Now, I am expressing an adverse judgment, and I understand and accept if people call me an asshole for this opinion. But in the end, I am denouncing a *belief*, something someone has control over and can change, not a biological condition or something that someone is born with. This goes for people who are indoctrinated into a political belief, or racial belief, or other similar attitudes. That, to me and probably others, is a crucial and fundamental difference.

you missed the point ENTIRELY! The best thing you stated, was its your "opinion". I respect your opinion but just because you feel strongly about it doesnt transform your opinion into a fact.

People have the right to believe what they want to believe. It can be ridiculous to you but it doesnt have to be to them. The point was, to agree to disagree and respect one another. Being a hypocrite(not talking about you), does not help the gay rights movement.

what i stated had nothing to do with being taught to hate someone for any reason. Christians are not taught to hate ANYONE. What you experienced does not represent Christianity as a whole. So, you are making comments which you lack knowledge of.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you missed the point ENTIRELY! The best thing you stated, was its your "opinion". I respect your opinion but just because you feel strongly about it doesnt transform your opinion into a fact.

People have the right to believe what they want to believe. It can be ridiculous to you but it doesnt have to be to them. The point was, to agree to disagree and respect one another. Being a hypocrite(not talking about you), does not help the gay rights movement.

what i stated had nothing to do with being taught to hate someone for any reason. Christians are not taught to hate ANYONE. What you experienced does not represent Christianity as a whole. So, you are making comments which you lack knowledge of.

I agree with the bolded. Where has the message been misconstrued? Are the people that identify themselves as Christians, and do or say hateful things, not actually Christian. That sounds an awful lot like judgment (sin). I like your seeming "live and let live" mentality, but you must understand that the hypocrisy pendulum can swing both ways.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the bolded. Where has the message been misconstrued? Are the people that identify themselves as Christians, and do or say hateful things, not actually Christian. That sounds an awful lot like judgment (sin). I like your seeming "live and let live" mentality, but you must understand that the hypocrisy pendulum can swing both ways.

I totally agree, and understand.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ehh, I am not a religious man, but I would just, in spirit of accepting others, gays, church-goers, atheists, etc. stop at just saying hate or intolerance is unneeded and that I disagree with those who practice that because of their religion. Going beyond it to say that those who believe are ridiculous and can't think critically is, in my opinion, a violation of that acceptance of others - regardless of faith being a choice.

IF God exists, God *could* do it in ways that have no evidence and faith could be tested. Just as a hypothetical argument, why would God, if he existed, need to leave proof? Because it would make it easier for us to have faith? I know that's an equivocation and doesn't prove anything, I'm just saying believe or don't believe. BTW, that's not my personal belief, but I'm not all-knowing. I show my beliefs through what I choose to do, not through telling others their belief is ridiculous nonsense. Leave others be with their religion, leave others be with their sexuality. I'm not saying there IS a God or that all beliefs including atheism is the same in logic, just respect it and speak out to those who don't respect others, regardless of reason.

It's simple and suffice to say that I don't accept your chosen belief system as a legitimate reason to hate or not tolerate those who are different than you are, regardless of why they are different (genetic or choice). I just find it hypocritical that some who are preaching acceptance of others would say someone's belief system is nonsense and ridiculous. That's not accepting others, like those who post ignorant things about homosexuals here. Yes, saying it here is not the same as action, elsewhere, so there is a relative effect of these things, but it's the same in spirit. Just say you don't believe in it, like a straight person would say they aren't attracted to the same gender but respect it. In other words, I don't care if something is genetic or chosen, whether that be sexuality, race, or religion. Accept all, doesn't mean you need to be friends or join their belief, just don't call it ridiculous nonsense. That's disrespectful. Saying you don't agree is enough to fill in the blanks. I would assume that if you found it logical, you'd believe.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is telling anyone what to believe or not believe. But your religion's laws should not be what sets up laws for the masses. A homosexual's right to marry is independent of anyone's religious beliefs. If your church does not allow its homosexual members to marry within the church, that is that particular religion's right. But your religion's doctrine should not rule up and into City Hall or Capitol Hill. It's really that simple.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is telling anyone what to believe or not believe. But your religion's laws should not be what sets up laws for the masses. A homosexual's right to marry is independent of anyone's religious beliefs. If your church does not allow its homosexual members to marry within the church, that is that particular religion's right. But your religion's doctrine should not rule up and into City Hall or Capitol Hill. It's really that simple.

This includes employment rights. I'm glad to read that Chris Culliver better understands (or pretends to), now.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't have said it, but a lot of people will say stupid things when you have someone like Artie Lange egging you on. The fact that he had some crappy comedian egging him on kind of mitigates things, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.