• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people were genetically predisposed to being gay then if there were identical twins and one were gay then the other would be as well because they have identical DNA / brain structure. Every study I've seen on the subject puts it at about 50% of gay twins also have a gay twin.

Homosexuality: not genetic.
I'm getting in here very late but this comment is odd to me. Isn't the 50% concordance higher than the rate of homosexuality in the general population?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you dont understand is, I agree with you. I am not saying that the Bible owns the rights to marriage.

Based on a country that was founded on Christian beliefs, most ceremonies are conducted with verses recited from the Bible. I was asking do they altar the ceremony? Is it different from what is viewed traditional in a country founded on christian beliefs?

I am trying to gain knowledge, not state any facts. enlighten me, thank you.

Only christian ceremonies are conducted with verses from the bible. Non Christians don't concern themselves with the bible. America was founded with freedom of religion, that includes marriage ceremonies. No one forces Hindu's to read the bible at their weddings.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm getting in here very late but this comment is odd to me. Isn't the 50% concordance higher than the rate of homosexuality in the general population?

Yes, but using the same identical twin rationale that geneticists have used to show genetic causality in other areas, 50% would have been a failed hypothesis. It should have been closer to 95% if their DNA is identical.

The other factor is that twins are raised in the same home and are very close to the other twin in the vast majority of cases, which could possibly support the "nurture" hypothesis.

My entire point was that it's a highly disputed subject, and nobody has scientific proof one way or the other.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right that they have gained ground. But gay marriage has only been legalized by court decisions; it's still batting .000 at the polls.

Some people already think that way, but being against homosexuality will never be seen in the same light as things like racism because it's not the same kind of thing. Nobody can argue that people have a choice whether they're white, black or other; people will always be able to argue that homosexuality is a choice.

One, you're wrong, Washington State has legalized gay marriage, and another I think is on the east coast. Second this whole "it's a choice" thing just kills me, gays have been discriminated against, beaten up, taunted, mocked and ostracized, why in the world would anyone "choose" that "lifestyle"? It's a stupid argument, it really is.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people who would take exception to his specific comments are both overly sensitive and are looking for a fight...

or people who are compassionate toward others when they get treated like shit.

"Get off the team, I don't do that sweet shit" would be a very hurtful thing to any gay person who has had to deal with being kicked out, and disowned his whole life.

Some of us also don't like the fact that he is talking to artie howard lang, on issues that could potentially become distractions when the shark ass media starts asking the team if they agree with culliver on a issue that would otherwise be very unlikely to come up.

Culliver's answer was stupid, he could have pulled the "I'm focused on football right now" type of cliche answer, and that would have been that.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only christian ceremonies are conducted with verses from the bible. Non Christians don't concern themselves with the bible. America was founded with freedom of religion, that includes marriage ceremonies. No one forces Hindu's to read the bible at their weddings.

I understand that non Christians don't concern themselves with the bible. It wouldnt make sense otherwise. I have been to several court conducted weddings and all the judges recited Bible verses in the ceremony. I was just curious about how the judges would conduct a gay marriage.

To me its just word/title, if they have the right to be recognized as a joined union and have the same rights. Whats the big deal over the title of the ceremony? It seems that is what disturbs those who are anti-gay.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but using the same identical twin rationale that geneticists have used to show genetic causality in other areas, 50% would have been a failed hypothesis. It should have been closer to 95% if their DNA is identical.

The other factor is that twins are raised in the same home and are very close to the other twin in the vast majority of cases, which could possibly support the "nurture" hypothesis.

My entire point was that it's a highly disputed subject, and nobody has scientific proof one way or the other.

Presumably, these are twins of straight parents. Then...why would twin 1 be gay?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Branch:

49ers: “The San Francisco 49ers reject the comments that were made yesterday, and have addressed the matter with Chris ...

...There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.”

Chris Culliver statment: "The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel."

(Culliver cont.) "It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings ...

. are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience

Re: Culliver statement: Aren't the thoughts in our head a reflection of our true feelings? #49ers #SB47

Oy! I don't know how many sports fans agree with me but I often cringe when I read these kinds of statements. Ones that you know the player themself could never come up with and construct on their own. Obviously I don't know if Culliver is truly sorry and feels bad about what he said, and that's the main issue when all is said and done, but for me it would look better if the statement didn't seem SO far from the type of talk you usually get from Culliver. Hopefully that makes sense?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Then...why would twin 1 be gay?

You mean in the case that only one of them is gay?

I think there are a million factors that go into it, which makes it impossible to prove cause and effect when it comes to being gay. I don't think that being raised a certain way in and of itself makes a person gay. Can it contribute to how someone thinks about sexuality? Sure. I'm just saying the genetic causality hypothesis doesn't pass the same standard as it does with other genetic traits.

All I know for sure is that homosexual behaviour is a choice, just like heterosexual behaviour is a choice. Tim Tebow is apparently a virgin (unless he got married recently). He wasn't genetically predisposed to being asexual.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what the point is of even saying that. Do you think something good will come from these comments? it is pointless.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean in the case that only one of them is gay?

I think there are a million factors that go into it, which makes it impossible to prove cause and effect when it comes to being gay. I don't think that being raised a certain way in and of itself makes a person gay. Can it contribute to how someone thinks about sexuality? Sure. I'm just saying the genetic causality hypothesis doesn't pass the same standard as it does with other genetic traits.

All I know for sure is that homosexual behaviour is a choice, just like heterosexual behaviour is a choice. Tim Tebow is apparently a virgin (unless he got married recently). He wasn't genetically predisposed to being asexual.

So I guess the argument is that someone who is attracted to the same sex should just choose to be asexual instead, never be in a committed relationship or live a lie. Because since that is a "choice" people are entitled for any hateful comment they utter about that "choice".

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Get off the team, I don't do that sweet shit"
This was the quote I saw on ESPN.com-

"They gotta get up out here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff. ... Nah, can't be ... in the locker room, man."

Obviously it differs from what you wrote (but maybe I missed the quote you posted somewhere else?)

Again, it comes down to the lockeroom... Do men and woman share the same lockeroom? What I took away from his statement was more about sharing the lockeroom with an openly gay person... Not that he hates gay people...

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the faaaa.....?

Many Buddhist sects are athiest/agnostic. Buddha is not a god. The sects that do have deities (like Tibetans) had them from previous cultural beliefs and integrated them when they converted.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if someone of the LGBT nature says they hate/dislike straight people....is that foul?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Get off the team, I don't do that sweet shit"
This was the quote I saw on ESPN.com-

"They gotta get up out here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff. ... Nah, can't be ... in the locker room, man."

Obviously it differs from what you wrote (but maybe I missed the quote you posted somewhere else?)

Again, it comes down to the lockeroom... Do men and woman share the same lockeroom? What I took away from his statement was more about sharing the lockeroom with an openly gay person... Not that he hates gay people...

Yes i was paraphrasing. I don't think it differs though, it's essentially the same. get outta here, get off the team. can't be with that sweet stuff...

I wouldn't mind sharing a locker room with gays, I already have in highschool.

Believe it or not gays aren't going to jump on your bone in the middle of the locker room or jack off in your face. But i have heard some pretty nasty stories from straight guys like Charles Haley and his dick in the locker room.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with what he said but all this political correct horseshit makes me want to vomit. While not neccessarily the smartest thing to say if its how you feel your entitled to it. We do have freedom of speech in this country. Though its biased say something about gays prepare to be destroyed, say something about say the tea party and your revered. Not going to get into my views on the sanity of the tea party but still who cares what a foootball player says about politics... kind of like actors... if I want political opinion Ill turn to a political analyst. If the Cully makes some good plays in the superbowl I don't care if he goes home and celebrates by blowing a goat or takes a leak on a picture of Rush Limbaugh or Obama.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levity.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 48
Status