• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STFU and play Chris Culliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think people choose to be gay?

I think he was refferring to the union not being "natural" since two members of the same sex cannot produce offspring.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes someone 25 years to figure out if they like a penis or a vagina or both? Come on.

I've seen some inconsistencies is all I'm saying.

Some people just look for attention anywhere they can get it. Others truly are confused.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was refferring to the union not being "natural" since two members of the same sex cannot produce offspring.
Natural=Present in or produced by nature.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, call him immature. I agree. It was an immature response. That does NOT mean he's a bigot or is prejudiced. He's telling you straight up how he feels. Instead of throwing labels and killing him for not saying what everyone thinks he should say, realize that not everyone is gonna feel the same.
Yes, he is a bigot. Saying gay players need to effectively get off the team and not come out until 10 years after retiring is being a bigot. He is a bigot and his view is hateful. It would be one thing to say he was uncomfortable but would be a good teammate, but that's not what he did.

He is CLEARLY prejudiced. There aren't two ways around it. He's entitled to his views and he's getting the backlash that comes with such open and proud bigotry.

101flyboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes someone 25 years to figure out if they like a penis or a vagina or both? Come on.
Um, actually, yeah. Tons of people don't come out of the closet until late in life. Or their sexuality naturally drifts as they get older. Happens all the time. Life ain't so black and white.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if a players wife is uncomfortable with a female reporter in the locker room while her husband is undressed, it makes her anti-female media?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, not necessarily.

"What evolutionary value could male homosexuality have, without any discernible reproductive advantage? One possible explanation is the “kin selection hypothesis.” By acting altruistically toward nieces and nephews, homosexual men would perpetuate the family genes, including some of their own."

http://www.psychologicalscience.org...volutionary-role-for-same-sex-attraction.html

Last edited by a moderator:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he is a bigot. Saying gay players need to effectively get off the team and not come out until 10 years after retiring is being a bigot. He is a bigot and his view is hateful. It would be one thing to say he was uncomfortable but would be a good teammate, but that's not what he did.

He is CLEARLY prejudiced. There aren't two ways around it. He's entitled to his views and he's getting the backlash that comes with such open and proud bigotry.

CLEARLY, you are trying to paint the definition of hate with a broad brush

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bigotry=A belief system that is fundamentally biased and discriminatory against a group of people for who they are.

So does having a moral objection to homosexual behaviour fit into that definition?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, man, but your rationale in this thread has been pretty bad.

I would never be offended by anything you had to say. Its just a simple question. If something makes you uncomfortable, you are automatically a bigot?

you might not like the example that i used but im actually trying to get an understanding

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does having a moral objection to homosexual behaviour fit into that definition?

Fits mine.

But if one wrongly (imo) believes that it is a matter of choice I think that person could make a so called moral objection and not feel like a bigot at all.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never be offended by anything you had to say. Its just a simple question. If something makes you uncomfortable, you are automatically a bigot?

If that something is a human being's nature, I'd say you have an issue to deal with yourself. If you act with that discomfort in mind or make a judgement based on that discomfort I would say you are.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should keep his mouth shut but what he's saying is basically true.

There is a good reason there hasn't been an openly gay athlete because they know they wouldn't be welcomed or wanted on the team.

Right or wrong that's just the way it is and it's not always a "hate" thing but an awkwardness feeling since a locker room is very much a mans world so to speak.

This is the exact same way things were before Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier also. I'm sure there were a lot of white players who said they didn't want colored players in the locker room. Their opinions then were abhorrent, and Culliver's opinion now is abhorrent, and he's a POS of a human being. He's an embarrassment to the uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.