• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Spurrier takes shot at Big Ten

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is washed up. His time has simply passed.

You have 5-star players all over out there and they're completely dogging it. Clowney is one of the best players I've ever seent, but even he managed to look like shit last year.

It was just painfully obvious which team was better coached last night. A&M has some 5-star power of their own, but they just completely out-coached SC last night.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It literally looked like the cocks spent all offseason sitting around drinking sodas and eating pizza. They were all tired by the end of the 1st quarter.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we listened because we thought he might actually have a good team this year. Turns out that's not the case.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case as well.. but Spurrier teams almost always seem to be over-hyped... and being a Nebraska fan, you know first hand what I mean.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is washed up. His time has simply passed.

You have 5-star players all over out there and they're completely dogging it. Clowney is one of the best players I've ever seent, but even he managed to look like shit last year.

It was just painfully obvious which team was better coached last night. A&M has some 5-star power of their own, but they just completely out-coached SC last night.

I'm not sure he ever truly had anything. This is the same Spurrier you'd see if you went all the way back to his days in the NFL. He was constantly criticized for being lazy and being way too cocky.. and when he failed, you'd hear nothing but excuses. Spurrier himself even admits to being lazy and just not wanting "it" badly enough... and this goes for his QB career as well as college coaching jobs.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought that might be the case as well.. but Spurrier teams almost always seem to be over-hyped... and being a Nebraska fan, you know first hand what I mean.

Name the last time we were legitimately over-hyped.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, I'll wait.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BuUw-CrCQAAmZoc.jpg

Is he just speaking the truth? :noidea:

Looks like he should concern himself with the shitty team he is coaching instead of teams in other conferences.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the last time we were legitimately over-hyped.

No, you misunderstood my post... I guess I didn't word it very well. Anyways, back in the 90s, Spurriers(with UF at the time) offense was all anyone ever talked about... and how many points they were gonna beat the other team by. In 95, Spurrier made that big comment about how he was going to destroy Nebraska and pass all over them... Well, we all know how that turned out.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you misunderstood my post... I guess I didn't word it very well. Anyways, back in the 90s, Spurriers(with UF at the time) offense was all anyone ever talked about... and how many points they were gonna beat the other team by. In 95, Spurrier made that big comment about how he was going to destroy Nebraska and pass all over them... Well, we all know how that turned out.

Oh my bad haha!

Yeah I was talking about that earlier in this thread. He tends to spew bullshit out of his mouth for whatever reason. I swear the guy has a Napoleon complex.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad haha!

Yeah I was talking about that earlier in this thread. He tends to spew bullshit out of his mouth for whatever reason. I swear the guy has a Napoleon complex.

I know what you mean.

Anyways, sorry for the confusion. That 95 Neb. team was probably the best of all time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he ever truly had anything. This is the same Spurrier you'd see if you went all the way back to his days in the NFL. He was constantly criticized for being lazy and being way too cocky.. and when he failed, you'd hear nothing but excuses. Spurrier himself even admits to being lazy and just not wanting "it" badly enough... and this goes for his QB career as well as college coaching jobs.

Well, he did go to a couple Natty's and even won one. He also won his fair share of games, so I have to give him some credit.

Back in the 90's he was recruiting all that speed and he was able to just wing the ball around however he wanted. Nowadays, there is simply too much of that speed to go around. Back in 95 he underestimated Nebraska's speed and then we picked Danny boy off a record amount of times. Nebraska was stacked with speed and NFL talent that year and Spurrier had no way around it.

He still thinks today that he can loft up those home run balls, one right after another, and just get away with it. But.....he can't. There is too much speed to go around. It's too easily defendable today, unless you have a Calvin Johnson at your disposal.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he figured out he can't go 5-wide every down any more.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did go to a couple Natty's and even won one. He also won his fair share of games, so I have to give him some credit.

Back in the 90's he was recruiting all that speed and he was able to just wing the ball around however he wanted. Nowadays, there is simply too much of that speed to go around. Back in 95 he underestimated Nebraska's speed and then we picked Danny boy off a record amount of times. Nebraska was stacked with speed and NFL talent that year and Spurrier had no way around it.

He still thinks today that he can loft up those home run balls, one right after another, and just get away with it. But.....he can't. There is too much speed to go around. It's too easily defendable today, unless you have a Calvin Johnson at your disposal.

He did have some good teams. I'll give him that. But I think his style of ball cost them dearly in some of those close games. Chalk it up to arrogance?? He just thought he was going to go out and throw for 500 yards on every team. Notice that UF really wasn't eager to take him back in after Urban left.

Off record here, I still think UF's outright NC in 96 was BS. Not only did they split with FSU that year, there were a number of other teams that finished with 1 loss and probably had equally good resumes.
:bullshit: