• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners at Falcons

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After staying over on the east coast for this back to back road game, the Niners limp into this game needing another win over a beatable opponent.

The Falcons are not good, but they're better than expected. Sure, they’re 2-3, but all of their games have been close. They beat Seattle and Cleveland, but by 4 and 3 points. They lost to the Saints, Rams, and Bucs, but the losses were by 1, 4, and 6 points. They gave the Bucs all they could handle last week. They can’t be taken lightly.

The Falcons defense is 20th in points and 27th in yards, so we should be able to move the ball and score some points. The offense might really have to carry the load in this game. The Falcons are middle of the pack in rushing defense, but they are near the bottom of the league in passing defense, so if Jimmy is gonna have a good game, this is the time.

Falcons are surprisingly, 10th in the league in points scored, but only 25th in yards. Most of their offense runs through the ground game (3rd in rushing yards), so the Niner defense has to be ready to key on that. It’s unknown yet whether their star TE Kyle Pitts will be able to play this week. His return will be a big concern for the Niners. How well the game goes might come down to how well the banged up Niner defense plays.

Speaking of the Niner defense, it appears we’ll be playing without half of the defensive starters. 3 Dlinemen, 1 LB, 1 CB, and 1 FS. That’s A LOT of injuries. But the DL is our deepest position and it’s about to be sorely tested, and we need the backups to step up. We should be ok at FS with Gipson playing rather well. The CB spot will probably get filled by Womack or Lenoir, as it doesn’t look like Verrett is ready to play just yet. But that DLine…

The niners are 6pt favorites, so we have to hope that the Vegas sharps know what they’re doing. Well, what are ya’ll thinking about the game?

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After staying over on the east coast for this back to back road game, the Niners limp into this game needing another win over a beatable opponent.

The Falcons are not good, but they're better than expected. Sure, they’re 2-3, but all of their games have been close. They beat Seattle and Cleveland, but by 4 and 3 points. They lost to the Saints, Rams, and Bucs, but the losses were by 1, 4, and 6 points. They gave the Bucs all they could handle last week. They can’t be taken lightly.

The Falcons defense is 20th in points and 27th in yards, so we should be able to move the ball and score some points. The offense might really have to carry the load in this game. The Falcons are middle of the pack in rushing defense, but they are near the bottom of the league in passing defense, so if Jimmy is gonna have a good game, this is the time.

Falcons are surprisingly, 10th in the league in points scored, but only 25th in yards. Most of their offense runs through the ground game (3rd in rushing yards), so the Niner defense has to be ready to key on that. It’s unknown yet whether their star TE Kyle Pitts will be able to play this week. His return will be a big concern for the Niners. How well the game goes might come down to how well the banged up Niner defense plays.

Speaking of the Niner defense, it appears we’ll be playing without half of the defensive starters. 3 Dlinemen, 1 LB, 1 CB, and 1 FS. That’s A LOT of injuries. But the DL is our deepest position and it’s about to be sorely tested, and we need the backups to step up. We should be ok at FS with Gipson playing rather well. The CB spot will probably get filled by Womack or Lenoir, as it doesn’t look like Verrett is ready to play just yet. But that DLine…

The niners are 6pt favorites, so we have to hope that the Vegas sharps know what they’re doing. Well, what are ya’ll thinking about the game?
Good analysis. I think the Niners could use a very good game from the Offense to take pressure of the defense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good analysis. I think the Niners could use a very good game from the Offense to take pressure of the defense.
Yes and this is true of almost every game since 2017.

Even the games we seem to be 'dominating' are one score games into the 4th, seems that way because the offense doesn't score enough.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have asked this in the past, and I find it is still a valid query…

At what point do injuries stop being “dumb luck” and begin being a result of something internal?

I have no idea what that might be, but injuries have been a pretty serious issue with this team ever since this regime came in. Is it just buzzards luck? Does the game strategy lend itself to more injuries? Are they drafting injury prone players? Are they working players too hard during the week/off season? Not hard enough?

I have no idea. But at some point you need to stop saying “whoa is me” and start to wonder if you are doing something to cause this.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have asked this in the past, and I find it is still a valid query…

At what point do injuries stop being “dumb luck” and begin being a result of something internal?

I have no idea what that might be, but injuries have been a pretty serious issue with this team ever since this regime came in. Is it just buzzards luck? Does the game strategy lend itself to more injuries? Are they drafting injury prone players? Are they working players too hard during the week/off season? Not hard enough?

I have no idea. But at some point you need to stop saying “whoa is me” and start to wonder if you are doing something to cause this.

It's football, though. If there is some stat that shows that things are way out of whack, then I'll start believing that something deeper is going on.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were hoping the offense would repay injured defense:brick:
We were hoping that there wouldn't be a fumble and scoop TD :brick:
We were hoping Garop wouldn't throw Ints. :brick:
Were you confident when I re-tuned into the game and Niners inside their 20 with near 9 minutes left 1st Down :brick:
In 1st place and confident and Happy "Right"? :brick:
OH Well next game for sure. ;)

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers, injuries, mistakes, and bad coaching.

The offense was dead again. Don't we have an offensive-minded coach?
No running game.
Jimmy couldn't carry the offense and made too many mistakes.
Two good deep throws were dropped by Woerner and RayRay (drive killers).
Lost C.Ward and McGlinchey to injury.
No pass pressure on defense. The injuries have caught up to us.
Defense was WAY too conservative and seemed wholly unprepared for the zone read.
Considering the sad state of the running game, Why isn't Mason getting any carries?
What is with all these injuries? Is TC too soft? Is it b/c our starters don't play in the PS?

With the Chiefs and Rams coming up, this season isn't gonna get any easier.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, it never gets easier and the Chiefs make it even harder. The Falcons played a tough game too, they deserve some credit. They ran against our D even with 8 in the box. Mariota did what he had to do, completing most of his passes.