• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph Curry is amazing

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And impossible to guard. He can seemingly get his shot off anytime and anywhere he wants. So fun to watch.
Yea I said that last year during the playoffs and some people had the nerve to laugh.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Steph Curry is still amazing

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And impossible to guard. He can seemingly get his shot off anytime and anywhere he wants. So fun to watch.

Opposing coaches must just throw up their hands sometimes because it seems like if the Warriors are down late, all they have to do is have Curry shoot some 3-pointers and then they're back in the lead. What can you do if you're Doc Rivers last night?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposing coaches must just throw up their hands sometimes because it seems like if the Warriors are down late, all they have to do is have Curry shoot some 3-pointers and then they're back in the lead. What can you do if you're Doc Rivers last night?

Pull a Pop, and send a Horry type out there and you know the rest.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I said that last year during the playoffs and some people had the nerve to laugh.
It's quite common for the Lebron nut-huggers to do that because they don't want to admit that their boy is slowing down and gradually being replaced by some one that is better. The Kobe Kids used to the same thing even when Kobe himself told them that he didn't have to many years left in the league and was going to get ran off the court by the younger players. Remember - Stupid is a huge thing in here and can't be fix. I know I agreed with you at the time though

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quite common for the Lebron nut-huggers to do that because they don't want to admit that their boy is slowing down and gradually being replaced by some one that is better. The Kobe Kids used to the same thing even when Kobe himself told them that he didn't have to many years left in the league and was going to get ran off the court by the younger players. Remember - Stupid is a huge thing in here and can't be fix. I know I agreed with you at the time though

It's hard to say, and even harder to watch, but it does seem this is the year LeBron finally is past his apex and declines. Only slightly at first, but it has begun. I love the guy, he's one of the best I've ever seen play and unlike Kobe and MJ he's not a total dick. It will be sad to watch. But time is undefeated....happens to ALL of them

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and re the thread topic, Curry is indeed amazing. Also one of the best I've ever seen, already the best shooter ever, lock HOFer if he stays healthy, and maybe the most purely exciting player to watch that I can remember. Even more than Jordan, because his game is just more fun: 3s and passing and crazy dribbling

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and re the thread topic, Curry is indeed amazing. Also one of the best I've ever seen, already the best shooter ever.
Pete Maravich and Larry Bird were better shooters in my opinion but Curry is right up there.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is the best perimeter shot maker in basketball history.....and there really isn't a close 2nd.
A great shooter yes but not the best in basketball history.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at the numbers, Curry is better than both

Curry is the latest great shooter in a long list that includes Bird, but Curry seems to have taken it to another level. He's also taken ball handling and dribbling to another level. He even makes layups entertaining. I hope his prime lasts a long, long time.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird was so dominant at shooting in his time. He was shooting > 40% from 3 when the league average was 28%. He had a year where he made more 3's by himself than most of the teams did.... yet only 12% of his shot's were 3's. In Bird's most 3-heavy year.... 19% of his shots were from 3. This season, 54% of Curry's shots have been from behind the arc.

Its just a different time. The whole league is better shooters. You could easily find some of today's NBA players that don't get minutes... that could outshoot 95% of the league 30 years ago. That's not to disparage those players... it just wasn't nearly the focus that it is in today's game.

IMO, Curry is already the best shooter we've ever seen. He's only in his 7th season, so a lot of those "greatest shooter" titles will come later as his longevity increases... but they'll come.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Maravich and Larry Bird were better shooters in my opinion but Curry is right up there.

Larry Bird isn't even in the conversation.

He shot 37% from 3 pt range for his career back in the day when teams would give you that 3pt shot because they were too busy packing the paint. Curry shoots 44% now when most teams goal is to run players off of the 3pt line and have them shoot a 2 pointer.

One name that should be mention too is Drazen Petrovic. He might have actually been a better pure shooter but he died when he was only 28 in a car accident after only a couple of NBA seasons.

Odd fact that I am sure get brought up quite a bit during a Golden State season: There is only one guy in the history of the NBA to shoot a higher percentage from 3 pt range for his career than Curry....his head coach.