• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

steelers : why didn't they kick a field goal ?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no reading comprehension? You're the one who thinks that I said you called me an idiot. Seems like you're the one who can't read.
I said talk to the guy who called you an idiot. You quoted me defending yourself against being an idiot. So I told you to talk to the guy who called you an idiot after I asked you a rhetorical question.

You know what, I changed my mind, you are an idiot.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the point? You said they knew what the play was. They didn't know until last second and only 2 of them knew. How does that make a play like that successful? If they let Ben do what he was gonna do, which is spike the ball, Boz kicks the FG and they go into OT. We are in a position now where we could be the 3rd seed if we play down to the Texans and Browns. Need to play smart in December. We did not play smart in the last 2 plays of that game.
I think you guys are arguing two different things.

Yes, considering the confusion, it should have just been a spiked ball. That would have been better than running a play where only one receiver goes out for a route.

However, the BEST situation is that the Steelers have two plays ready to go since they had plenty of time to draw them up during the review. And in that scenario it would be too conservative to just clock it when you still have a shot at the end zone.

With the clock ticking, and the distance they had to go, I think it would be too conservative to spike it

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said talk to the guy who called you an idiot. You quoted me defending yourself against being an idiot. So I told you to talk to the guy who called you an idiot after I asked you a rhetorical question.

You know what, I changed my mind, you are an idiot.

I quoted you because you tagged me. Simple as that. Never said you called me an idiot and didn't say anything that implied that.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are arguing two different things.

Yes, considering the confusion, it should have just been a spiked ball. That would have been better than running a play where only one receiver goes out for a route.

However, the BEST situation is that the Steelers have two plays ready to go since they had plenty of time to draw them up during the review. And in that scenario it would be too conservative to just clock it when you still have a shot at the end zone.

With the clock ticking, and the distance they had to go, I think it would be too conservative to spike it

I think the 2nd down play was too conservative. If they actually had plays drawn up during the review, I HATE to think that THAT 3 yard pass play was the play they drew up. I just think that whole drive after the reversed call was a clusterfuck and should've and could've been done much better.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted you because you tagged me. Simple as that. Never said you called me an idiot and didn't say anything that implied that.
Yes you just went on a rant about being called an idiot while quoting me. So I redirected you to the guy who called you an idiot so you could defend your position as we had already talked about it.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 2nd down play was too conservative. If they actually had plays drawn up during the review, I HATE to think that THAT 3 yard pass play was the play they drew up. I just think that whole drive after the reversed call was a clusterfuck and should've and could've been done much better.
100% agreed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you just went on a rant about being called an idiot while quoting me. So I redirected you to the guy who called you an idiot so you could defend your position as we had already talked about it.

Okay and thank you for that. I quoted you and went on a rant as a conversation, not an accusation. Once again, where did I say you called me an idiot? Just take a chill pill and relax. It's gonna be okay.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay and thank you for that. I quoted you and went on a rant as a conversation, not an accusation. Once again, where did I say you called me an idiot? Just take a chill pill and relax. It's gonna be okay.
You didn't say I called you an idiot. I never said you did. I asked you a rhetorical question and redirected you to the guy who did call you an idiot.

Yes, I'm just spitting with rage right now, thank you for helping me.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the point? You said they knew what the play was. They didn't know until last second and only 2 of them knew. How does that make a play like that successful? If they let Ben do what he was gonna do, which is spike the ball, Boz kicks the FG and they go into OT. We are in a position now where we could be the 3rd seed if we play down to the Texans and Browns. Need to play smart in December. We did not play smart in the last 2 plays of that game.
Nm I’m at work, and u are basically anti Steelers

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nm I’m at work, and u are basically anti Steelers

Haha! Anti-Steelers? How am I Anti-Steelers? Because I don't stroke their dicks on everything they do? Get the fuck outta here dude. No, I'm not Anti-Steelers, I'm Anti-Losing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! Anti-Steelers? How am I Anti-Steelers? Because I don't stroke their dicks on everything they do? Get the fuck outta here dude. No, I'm not Anti-Steelers, I'm Anti-Losing.
Your losing now

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, your grammar. Secondly, doesn't make any sense.

Go back to work, dude. Let's agree to disagree. We both want them to win but want to go about it differently.
Ha, captain grammar on a message board dear god

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still doesn't excuse him from not doing the prudent thing by throwing it into the third row seating, once he saw the coverage, and then allow to kick a field goal. The int is all Ben's, not the coaching staff.

Um bullshit.....

He's been bitched at and ridiculed by Haley in the past for not following Haley's Dumbass plays. So his thinking probably was if I don't attempt this how much Hell do I catch.

The play should of never been run without AB running the fade, the pass into the middle of the defense is and was suicide.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um bullshit.....

He's been bitched at and ridiculed by Haley in the past for not following Haley's Dumbass plays. So his thinking probably was if I don't attempt this how much Hell do I catch.

The play should of never been run without AB running the fade, the pass into the middle of the defense is and was suicide.

Wow...we actually agree on something. Did we just become best friends?!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...we actually agree on something. Did we just become best friends?!

Shit in one hand and wish in the other.

Let me know which one fills faster.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, after reading thru everything let me clarify this whole cluster fuck.......

They ran to the line and Ben was going to clock it, (spike the ball) Haley was telling into his head set, don't clock it.
Which is what everyone is saying Ben threw the coaches under the bus for. In Ben's defence, he didn't have the right personnel on the field to fake clock it, the fake is a fade out to the corner with AB, who we all know was not on the field. So the only one they had on the field for the fake was Eli, who is suppose to slant in to distract coverage from the fade route. So Ben had one and only one option for a WR, the inside slant to Eli. Of coarse as soon as he seen what a cluster fuck it was, he should of spiked it, BUT earlier this season they had a similar situation and Ben called a time out. Well Haley went ape Shit screaming at him on national tv because Ben did not like the play and did not like the coverage the defense was showing him. But Haley bitched him out for it.
That being now known, did Ben think fuck it asshole wants me to throw it, what choice do I have......

Todd Haley is a Fuckin Jack off and deserves to be under the bus and ran over several times. He is predictable in his play calling and only the talent of that offense saves his sorry ass. The game against the Pats was one of his better games, but it still wasnt all that great. When Ben runs the no huddle and calls his own plays, that offense is deadly good, but Haley doesn't let him do that, at all.

Now imagine a QB like Brady being undermined on his play calling or calling a time out because he didn't like what he saw on the field and getting bitched at for it.....how long do you think he'd be coaching your offense???? This Shit with Haley has gone on for years, and they don't do Shit to him. Ben is no Joe Montana, or Tom Brady. But he sure as fuck isn't a Jay Cutler, or Blake Bortles, and Haley treats Ben like this.

So it's not on Big Ben, it's on the dick head who was yelling, don't clock it......fuck face Haley. Who deserved to be thrown under the bus and ran over SEVERAL fucking times!!!!
Thanks for the added info.

Not sure if this matters but Tomlin was also saying don't clock it.

I think coming out of that long delay in the game due to the review of the James play. Pit should've been better prepared.

I agree Ben is top 10 QB maybe even top 5 but he really should've known better. If he was trying to force it in because of what happened early that season, shame on him.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly correct. Yet, when you watch the replay, during the review, Ben is kneeling on the sideline with his helmet on the ground. He is nowhere near Haley. As soon as the call is reversed Ben stands up, puts on his helmet and trots onto the field. Why wasn't he talking to Haley that whole time?!?!?

To me it's an example of their not so good relationship costing them the game.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the added info.

Not sure if this matters but Tomlin was also saying don't clock it.

I think coming out of that long delay in the game due to the review of the James play. Pit should've been better prepared.

I agree Ben is top 10 QB maybe even top 5 but he really should've known better. If he was trying to force it in because of what happened early that season, shame on him.

I agree he shouldn't of, but we don't know the extent of the bullshit Ben has to put up with. Like I started, there was Haley screaming at him on tv because he called a time out because he didn't like the call Haley made. Tomlin is as Bradshaw said nothing more than a cheerleader. Ben threatened to retire because the children have gone to far many times. Tomlin does nothing to curb these guys with the childish Shit....until he was heard on video saying a team sucks that AB had on FB live. This team could and should be the most lethal team in the NFL, but it's not. Because of coaching. I dare say if someone like BB was coaching this team, they would of won a super bowl each of the last 5 years.....