• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers and excessive celebration

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick celebration out of sheer excitement after a huge play... Ok, I guess. But the shit Gay and Porter did is just stupid. Calm down and ack like you've been there before.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick celebration out of sheer excitement after a huge play... Ok, I guess. But the shit Gay and Porter did is just stupid. Calm down and ack like you've been there before.
Its easy for an outsider to make this sort of judgement... But if you watched the game you would know exactly why they did it.

I fully supported it, and I was hoping for Tomlin to tell Gay to continue the dance all up & down the sidelines.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its easy for an outsider to make this sort of judgement... But if you watched the game you would know exactly why they did it.

I fully supported it, and I was hoping for Tomlin to tell Gay to continue the dance all up & down the sidelines.
When it's other players on the sideline excited for the team... Ok. I'm good with that. But when a coach does that stupid shit, really?

Not only that, but Dalton went down early. It's not like the Bengals were at full strength.

"Let's do a stupid celebration because McCarron threw a pick 6 in his first start." That's bush league.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it's other players on the sideline excited for the team... Ok. I'm good with that. But when a coach does that stupid shit, really?

Not only that, but Dalton went down early. It's not like the Bebgals were at full strength. Let's do a stupid celebration because McCarron threw a pick 6 in his first start. That's bush league.
Again... You have no idea what was going on in that game.

No point in trying to persuade you or explain it.

BTW, Porter does that almost every game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the coach that got on his knees to dance with him?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Porter is a fucking retard. The ridiculous crap the Steelers did last night should embarrass you, but.................

Stop pretending that the Bengals were the only team talking shit before or during the game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter is a fucking retard. The ridiculous crap the Steelers did last night should embarrass you, but.................

Stop pretending that the Bengals were the only team talking shit before or during the game.
A Pats fan telling a Steelers fan that he should be embarrassed... That's priceless :pound:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like celebrations for the most part, but it can go too far. The Gay dance (Ha!) was good, original, funny, but then he went to far when he did it a second time, and again when he went to his knees crawling towards his coach. That should make it to "C'mon Man!". I mean it was a pick six against a back up QB. It's not like it was Butler's interception to win the Superbowl.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know why it all started right? Because one of the Steeler players literally threatened Burficts life in a twitter rant. Apparently, more than once.

I'm all for trash talking, and hard play, and if you want to celebrate then fine (even though you look like a complete ass doing it and that goes for all players, not just this instance), and if you want to get your "revenge" on a player between the lines on a hard hit/play...I'm all for that. I have no issues.

But there was zero reason for that dude to go all wannabe Aaron Hernandez by trying to threaten his life over a damn game. That's what set all of that off to start the game, and carried it right over into it.

It is a shame Dalton got injured and we'll never know if the Bengals could have kept up. Congrats to the Steelers for winning the game they had to win, and it'll be interesting to see what the Bengals can do in their final 3 games. Oddly enough, SF and Baltimore are still very winnable games, and games that, match-up wise, are not horrible when starting a fresh QB to get some reps and experience in. Denver will be another matter with their defense, though.

Oh well. Injuries and shit happen. No excuses, got to man up and find a way if you want to win.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Pats fan telling a Steelers fan that he should be embarrassed... That's priceless :pound:

Defending champions and sitting at 11-2. I think we Pats fans are looking good right now. :thumb:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why it all started right? Because one of the Steeler players literally threatened Burficts life in a twitter rant. Apparently, more than once.

:eek:

WTF? Who did that?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm all for trash talking, and hard play, and if you want to celebrate then fine (even though you look like a complete ass doing it and that goes for all players, not just this instance), and if you want to get your "revenge" on a player between the lines on a hard hit/play...I'm all for that. I have no issues.

But there was zero reason for that dude to go all wannabe Aaron Hernandez by trying to threaten his life over a damn game. That's what set all of that off to start the game, and carried it right over into it.

It is a shame Dalton got injured and we'll never know if the Bengals could have kept up. Congrats to the Steelers for winning the game they had to win, and it'll be interesting to see what the Bengals can do in their final 3 games. Oddly enough, SF and Baltimore are still very winnable games, and games that, match-up wise, are not horrible when starting a fresh QB to get some reps and experience in. Denver will be another matter with their defense, though.

Oh well. Injuries and shit happen. No excuses, got to man up and find a way if you want to win.
I'll start off by saying that I, in no way shape or form, wanted anyone to get hurt (including Burfict).

The only malicious tweet (fuck I hate saying that word lol) that I was ever aware of was from Vince Williams that said "I see Burfict on long beach I'd paint that boi on sight" or something like that. Now if by "paint" he meant shoot then I guess you have a point about it being life threatening, but from what I conceived it was just a punch threat. Burfict did respond to that tweet by saying "You know where I am", and from what I saw there was never anything after that. So it wasn't really a rant either. Vince even deleted the tweet shortly after and released another saying that he wasn't wishing harm on anyone (PR coverup of course). Who else did you think released a threat on twitter?

Vince was the guy that Burfict came straight up to in the pregame and caused the scuffle. That I get. Vince ran off at the mouth behind a keyboard and Burfict wanted to show he wasn't shying away from it. I get it. I think the team was more fired up about the memory of Burfict jumping for joy after injuring Bell a few months ago. Even though nobody else said anything malicious, you know they were feeling it. But when Burfict was purposely targeting players during the game (Nix & Ben), then it lit a fire under the entire team. That's exactly what I thought Gay's statement was about. Because from that moment on, it looked like the Steelers controlled the game.

I do think its a shame that Dalton got injured. He's a classy guy and I've always respected him. Pretty shitty how innocent his tackle looked and it might have cost him his season. Tough break. But I've seen enough from McCarron to believe that he has a great shot at keeping the Bengals afloat.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending champions and sitting at 11-2. I think we Pats fans are looking good right now. :thumb:
The team is looking good... Sure

The fans... A different story

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start off by saying that I, in no way shape or form, wanted anyone to get hurt (including Burfict).

The only malicious tweet (fuck I hate saying that word lol) that I was ever aware of was from Vince Williams that said "I see Burfict on long beach I'd paint that boi on sight" or something like that. Now if by "paint" he meant shoot then I guess you have a point about it being life threatening, but from what I conceived it was just a punch threat. Burfict did respond to that tweet by saying "You know where I am", and from what I saw there was never anything after that. So it wasn't really a rant either. Vince even deleted the tweet shortly after and released another saying that he wasn't wishing harm on anyone (PR coverup of course). Who else did you think released a threat on twitter?

Vince was the guy that Burfict came straight up to in the pregame and caused the scuffle. That I get. Vince ran off at the mouth behind a keyboard and Burfict wanted to show he wasn't shying away from it. I get it. I think the team was more fired up about the memory of Burfict jumping for joy after injuring Bell a few months ago. Even though nobody else said anything malicious, you know they were feeling it. But when Burfict was purposely targeting players during the game (Nix & Ben), then it lit a fire under the entire team. That's exactly what I thought Gay's statement was about. Because from that moment on, it looked like the Steelers controlled the game.

I do think its a shame that Dalton got injured. He's a classy guy and I've always respected him. Pretty shitty how innocent his tackle looked and it might have cost him his season. Tough break. But I've seen enough from McCarron to believe that he has a great shot at keeping the Bengals afloat.
Yeah, to paint someone would be to shoot at, at least that's what I've been told. No need for that no matter what happens on the field.

I think there were lots of cheap shots by both sides, some of it just comes with football, you know?

Agreed about Dalton, and like I said...other than the Denver game, SF and Baltimore (home) are two games that they are still very capable of winning, and provide some good experience heading into the playoffs. We'll see.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On any other day I would have been mad at that celebration, but not yesterday.

Burfict was just being an asshole yesterday, especially after enjoying Bell's injury. He was constantly diving at Ben's knees or taking cheap shots.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, to paint someone would be to shoot at, at least that's what I've been told. No need for that no matter what happens on the field.

I think there were lots of cheap shots by both sides, some of it just comes with football, you know?

Agreed about Dalton, and like I said...other than the Denver game, SF and Baltimore (home) are two games that they are still very capable of winning, and provide some good experience heading into the playoffs. We'll see.

You have that wrong. Williams clearly wanted to go Leo DiCaprio on Burfict's ass and force him to lie naked on a couch while he depicted every nook and cranny of his muscular body with his watercolor set.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like it's been pointed out by @FaCe-LeE-uS and yourself...there was some bad blood history involving Burfict/Williams social media silliness imo...and it spilled out in the game with some extra celebrating by the Steelers. I think it was going to happen to the losing side regardless.

Definitely a freak way to go out for Dalton...imo McCarron is jumping into the frying pan with those games on the road...@ SF is a winnable game, but if Eifert doesn't clear CP before the game this week I wouldn't trust McCarron...should be a tough, low scoring game...probably DEN as well.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it's been pointed out by @FaCe-LeE-uS and yourself...there was some bad blood history involving Burfict/Williams social media silliness imo...and it spilled out in the game with some extra celebrating by the Steelers. I think it was going to happen to the losing side regardless.

Definitely a freak way to go out for Dalton...imo McCarron is jumping into the frying pan with those games on the road...@ SF is a winnable game, but if Eifert doesn't clear CP before the game this week I wouldn't trust McCarron...should be a tough, low scoring game...probably DEN as well.
Yep. It's a part of football, in general. Whitworth said it best when he laid it out on the NFL for not stepping in after the tweet. I'm not saying to fine the guy or suspend him or anything, but the fact that it went unresolved probably made it worse than it needed to be.

Won't find me upset about the rest of the stuff. You don't want those things to happen...win the game.

With SF getting blown out of the water by the Browns, and looking at the rushing yards given up...I'm pretty confident that the game will be won by the Bengals. Same goes for Baltimore due to all their injuries.

Eifert out would be a blow, but AJ hasn't really had him before, and the week leading up to the game will be a solid plan by Hue (who is really good in these situations). If he can play, bonus, but if not I think the offense will be ready.

As I said before, going to be an exciting finish for NFL down the stretch with a lot of things still at stake.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm sounds like I need to brush up on my "hood lingo". But if you're right, then yea V-Will should never have said that. Surprised the NFL didn't make him pay for saying something like that. Probably why the tweet got deleted so quickly & the coverup ensued.

Yes the cheap shots are almost inevitable in rivalries such as these. But seeing them come from the one player that everyone had a lot of hate for, was like pouring gasoline on an open flame. Love seeing passionate games such as these. Makes the AFCN one of the best divisions in the NFL.