• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Waiver and roster advice, week 15, playoffs, round 2.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your targets? Here you are not really grabbing most guys to "start"........but you may be

Im actually looking at making moves to block my opponents..........

most are set at wr. RB's are always of need. One team has no qb, hes been streaming, went tanny last week....he probably will this week too, but week 16........GB? probably still keep him, but hurts and trubs are on waivers...both with oh so juicy matchups, i dunno that i have the nuts to start either of them, althought perhaps trubs , seriously........i may drop devontae booker and michael pittman and pick up both qbs, if someone takes either of those guys and beats me with them, so be it, they wont see my lineup even with injuries......

PPR
Start 1qb,2rb, 2wr, te, k d

Roster

QB-Hebert
RB-Henry, James Robinson, Mike Davis, Gio, D. Booker, (mixon on IR)
WR-AROB, AJB, DJ Moore, CHark pittman, couttee
TE-GOedert and gronk....looks like gronk may be a drop really
K-Lutz(hes been good, and reliable, but hes stunk lately, move on? i usually dont mess too much with kickers?)
D-Rams

THe browns d is also out there on waivers, and im starting the rams this week, but eyeing up that week 16 nyj matchup.....would like to secure it now, if i get there

So, what moves would u make? I also just realized the guy im worried about with faab has 0 dollars left, so i can take them qb's next week. Does anyone take issue with that? picking up guys so your opponent cant use them against you. its pretty blatant....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Tannehill owner, I wouldn’t even think about Hurts and Trubisky. I don’t think you need to bother with “blocks”.

Browns for the Jets matchup sounds like a good idea.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Tannehill owner, I wouldn’t even think about Hurts and Trubisky. I don’t think you need to bother with “blocks”.

Browns for the Jets matchup sounds like a good idea.
I would. Those matchups r quite nice....

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Rhule says CMAC will be out again. If anyone was dumb enough to drop Mike Davis. pick him up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Rhule says CMAC will be out again. If anyone was dumb enough to drop Mike Davis. pick him up.
i almost did, but held tight, rode him allllll year, he sucked for a few weeks though

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would. Those matchups r quite nice....

I suppose it won’t hurt dropping guys you’ll never start.

So glad I picked up Akers a couple weeks ago.

Herbert
Henry
Akers
Metcalf
Evans
(WR/TE) ????
Waller
Myers (also may swap out kicker)
Dolphins

bench is Hill, Hunt, Gurley

Have Lazard but can’t see me starting him.
Had Deebo... damn.

Waivers goes Wed/Thurs... I only have $11 left.

with four teams left, I’ve made four claims...
Shepard (vs Browns)
Rashard Higgins (at Giants)
Sanders (vs Chiefs)
Washington (at Bengals)

other options: Jordan Reed (been there done that), Peoples-Jones (riskier than Higgins), John Brown and Gabe Davis (if Brown comes back would be risky for both...no Brown, Davis deserves a look...Bills at Denver on Saturday), Gage (meh)

My opponent
Wilson
Kamara (Murray)
Taylor (Hines, Swift)
Tyreek
Woods
Curtis Samuel (Pittman, Coutee)
Logan Thomas (Fant)
Succop
Patriots (Saints)

any thoughts on my WR3?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah nice move on akers, he was getting no work too, what made you snag him......solid roster , rock solid. Evans better rebound, but hes a td machine....

yeah no way u start lazard...

man those are tough options. I'd say shephard but with jones banged up, hes not getting the work. higgins has 19 targets and bacak to back 6 catch-80+ yard games. But I worry they have a better matchup and arent throwing as much. gage doesnt have a great matchup, but without julie, maybe? dont rec anyone with taysom hill in there. washington has 2tds. but still only 5 catches over two weeks.

is it ppr?
id be waffling bw reed turning around in a good matchup or shephard back to his 6+ target 5+ catch games.

i like your team better than his, and even more if DJ moore comes back and limits samuel

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah nice move on akers, he was getting no work too, what made you snag him......solid roster , rock solid. Evans better rebound, but hes a td machine....

yeah no way u start lazard...

man those are tough options. I'd say shephard but with jones banged up, hes not getting the work. higgins has 19 targets and bacak to back 6 catch-80+ yard games. But I worry they have a better matchup and arent throwing as much. gage doesnt have a great matchup, but without julie, maybe? dont rec anyone with taysom hill in there. washington has 2tds. but still only 5 catches over two weeks.

is it ppr?
id be waffling bw reed turning around in a good matchup or shephard back to his 6+ target 5+ catch games.

i like your team better than his, and even more if DJ moore comes back and limits samuel

Just desperation...and bad Henderson games. Looking ahead, I was scared of Hunt.

Yeah. I backed myself in a corner with WR3.

Hope King Henry has a couple more in him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just desperation...and bad Henderson games. Looking ahead, I was scared of Hunt.

Yeah. I backed myself in a corner with WR3.

Hope King Henry has a couple more in him.
Still even brown looked bet r than akers nice move.

standard or ppr.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bStandard
changes this quite a bit for me, i immediately cross off gage and shephard, unless your looking for a safe 4-5 points........they just dont see the useage there.......

the rest are wildcards.......like u said davis deserves a look. Hes getting in the endzone.....but aside from last game, hes still kinda an afterthought at 3-5 targets per week.

The emergence of DPJ has limited higgins to a minor degree. Its hard to trust a browns receiver. I question why he wasnt being used more until the past two weeks, but 9-10 targets the past two weeks. Td's in both, 6 catches in both games.........

Like i said claypools snaps are going down, washingtons are going up. But they are still essentially splitting the 3rd wr role, hard to go there.........

You know the bills better than anyone, and the word on brown. If hes coming back without restrictions, and hes gonna play every snap, i play him..........When he came back one of these games, he played limited i think, and it wasnt really announced beforehand, so that scares me. Also the broncos if you blow them out, they may sit him.......but you know that situation better

So as it stands right now higgins. pending word on brown for me.........

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SP, who is your opponents starting QB? The blocking is a Quasi/grey area kinda thing IMHO. Definitelyva douche move regular season, but playoffs, money on the line?? Just win baby.

I can't see anyone who has a team that for him to the semi finals wanting to bank on Trubs, unless hes really hurting. I could see someone throwing a dart at Hurts, but I wouldn't be exceptionally concerned. The Cards aren't a cupcake D, they've got a full game of film to scheme on, and its not Luke they aren't familiar with defending a dual threat QB- RW twice, Danny Jones, Newton, Allen and Tua.

Other than a possible kicker upgrade, I wouldn't do a thing

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SP, who is your opponents starting QB? The blocking is a Quasi/grey area kinda thing IMHO. Definitelyva douche move regular season, but playoffs, money on the line?? Just win baby.

I can't see anyone who has a team that for him to the semi finals wanting to bank on Trubs, unless hes really hurting. I could see someone throwing a dart at Hurts, but I wouldn't be exceptionally concerned. The Cards aren't a cupcake D, they've got a full game of film to scheme on, and its not Luke they aren't familiar with defending a dual threat QB- RW twice, Danny Jones, Newton, Allen and Tua.

Other than a possible kicker upgrade, I wouldn't do a thing
Wel it would be who I would play in the finals, if we both advance. This week my opponent has Rodgers.

but next week trubs has Vikes, and hurts the cowboys yuck

carr goff and rivers r out there too all have good matchups...

thanks for the input. Yeah it was more just bench moves if something crazy happened. I picked up browns d for next week if I advance... I’d start them over rams in week 16.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a tough one again... tough because all choices suck though...

pick 3 WRs out of

Keke Coutee, Marvin Jones, TY Hilton, Nelson Aghalor, Marquis Brown, Julio jones

of course if Jones plays he is in as he is my highest upside, highest floor...

And Coutee is higher on my list than usual because I am facing Watson- normally I don't care about that, but these choices are so bad, and so close that why not use it as a tie breaker...

Hilton, right now is the Safest choice...

so right now my three is Hilton, Coutee and Julio...

Aghalor is the best free agent, and put in a waiver to get him... But I am thrown off by playing a Thursday night game when the choices are all so close...

just so you know, this team is STARTING Kamara, Taylor, Akers, and Josh Allen... so it is not that this team is bad... it just has terrible WRs...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts v the Cowboys might scare me a bit..yes..lol

Edit: hell, if he has moderate success vs the Cards, I'd be very tempted to not only pick him up so your opponent can't have him, but maybe even play him over Herbert w that matchup.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
changes this quite a bit for me, i immediately cross off gage and shephard, unless your looking for a safe 4-5 points........they just dont see the useage there.......

the rest are wildcards.......like u said davis deserves a look. Hes getting in the endzone.....but aside from last game, hes still kinda an afterthought at 3-5 targets per week.

The emergence of DPJ has limited higgins to a minor degree. Its hard to trust a browns receiver. I question why he wasnt being used more until the past two weeks, but 9-10 targets the past two weeks. Td's in both, 6 catches in both games.........

Like i said claypools snaps are going down, washingtons are going up. But they are still essentially splitting the 3rd wr role, hard to go there.........

You know the bills better than anyone, and the word on brown. If hes coming back without restrictions, and hes gonna play every snap, i play him..........When he came back one of these games, he played limited i think, and it wasnt really announced beforehand, so that scares me. Also the broncos if you blow them out, they may sit him.......but you know that situation better

So as it stands right now higgins. pending word on brown for me.........

another look through waivers...

I see Gallup
I see the Jags (hard to trust Shenault or Cole...let alone choose which one)
Irv Smith (risky low end TE for flex)
I see Bourne (meh

Probably won’t know Brown’s status until Friday or Saturday.

I think I’m between Gallup and Higgins.
It would be nice to grab Washington and him get some serious PT uptick, but probably not eh? Ben doesn’t have the deep ball for him.

Damn you Deebo!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a tough one again... tough because all choices suck though...

pick 3 WRs out of

Keke Coutee, Marvin Jones, TY Hilton, Nelson Aghalor, Marquis Brown, Julio jones

of course if Jones plays he is in as he is my highest upside, highest floor...

And Coutee is higher on my list than usual because I am facing Watson- normally I don't care about that, but these choices are so bad, and so close that why not use it as a tie breaker...

Hilton, right now is the Safest choice...

so right now my three is Hilton, Coutee and Julio...

Aghalor is the best free agent, and put in a waiver to get him... But I am thrown off by playing a Thursday night game when the choices are all so close...

just so you know, this team is STARTING Kamara, Taylor, Akers, and Josh Allen... so it is not that this team is bad... it just has terrible WRs...

Hilton
Hollywood
Agholor

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick 2, half ppr

Justin Jefferson vs Bears
Robert Woods vs Jets