• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers and excessive celebration

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a GAME, by definition, it's supposed to amuse. I wish more players would do it to add levity and to entertain me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a GAME, by definition, it's supposed to amuse. I wish more players would do it to add levity and to entertain me.
Well of course... That should be an NFL bylaw by now.

Bylaw #5292837459:
All individuals that score a touchdown or do amazing feats during an NFL game shall dance relentlessly so as to entertain SportsHoopla's very own, Moxie.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like celebrations for the most part, but it can go too far. The Gay dance (Ha!) was good, original, funny, but then he went to far when he did it a second time, and again when he went to his knees crawling towards his coach. That should make it to "C'mon Man!". I mean it was a pick six against a back up QB. It's not like it was Butler's interception to win the Superbowl.
You nailed it, I just saw it on "Come on Man"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no:eek:.
I'm old school. I hate most celebrations. It's gotten ridiculous. A guy makes a tackle 20 yards down field and he has to showboat, just in case someone missed who made the tackle:L

As for the whole Burfict situation that was straight up hood shit. Take care of it on the field. Sorry, I just thought the dance was stupid.I didn't see a correlation of that long drawn out dance and the Burfict thug act:noidea:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no:eek:.
I'm old school. I hate most celebrations. It's gotten ridiculous. A guy makes a tackle 20 yards down field and he has to showboat, just in case someone missed who made the tackle:L

As for the whole Burfict situation that was straight up hood shit. Take care of it on the field. Sorry, I just thought the dance was stupid.I didn't see a correlation of that long drawn out dance and the Burfict thug act:noidea:
To each his own. I agree with your sentiment to an extent. In your scenario nobody but the offensive guy gaining the 20yds should be celebrating. And if their team is losing, then they shouldn't be celebrating much of anything. A quick fist pump would suffice in that situation.

I'm not going to say Will Gay's dance was exactly because of the Burfict situation, but it definitely had something to do with it. It was a heated rivalry game, lots on the line, and Gay tried to make a silly statement with his antics. Easy to see why it pissed so many people off.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each his own. I agree with your sentiment to an extent. In your scenario nobody but the offensive guy gaining the 20yds should be celebrating. And if their team is losing, then they shouldn't be celebrating much of anything. A quick fist pump would suffice in that situation.

I'm not going to say Will Gay's dance was exactly because of the Burfict situation, but it definitely had something to do with it. It was a heated rivalry game, lots on the line, and Gay tried to make a silly statement with his antics. Easy to see why it pissed so many people off.
I think a big part of the problem is the AMOUNT of celebrating that goes on. If you make a big play at a critical moment, score a big TD, etc...then I think most people have no problem with some sort of celebration. The Gay INT (using his name in front of an action is quite hilarious...lol) was a big time play. He took that game, and pretty much sealed it away with that return. I have zero issue with him celebrating a great play. Was it a bit too long for my tastes? Yeah. We get it, you got a return INT for TD, do your thing, but then it's time to move on.

Over the past decade it's gotten to the point that people are celebrating tackles after 20 yard gains while down 3 scores. Guys are high stepping it into the end zone while down 20-30 points. Guy makes a routine 1st down in the middle of the 2nd quarter...big time dance and a point forward. I think it's just that EVERYTHING has become celebratory in nature, and to me that's what causes a lot of backlash.

But, that's just my opinion on things.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big part of the problem is the AMOUNT of celebrating that goes on. If you make a big play at a critical moment, score a big TD, etc...then I think most people have no problem with some sort of celebration. The Gay INT (using his name in front of an action is quite hilarious...lol) was a big time play. He took that game, and pretty much sealed it away with that return. I have zero issue with him celebrating a great play. Was it a bit too long for my tastes? Yeah. We get it, you got a return INT for TD, do your thing, but then it's time to move on.

Over the past decade it's gotten to the point that people are celebrating tackles after 20 yard gains while down 3 scores. Guys are high stepping it into the end zone while down 20-30 points. Guy makes a routine 1st down in the middle of the 2nd quarter...big time dance and a point forward. I think it's just that EVERYTHING has become celebratory in nature, and to me that's what causes a lot of backlash.

But, that's just my opinion on things.
I agree it feels like it is getting out of hand. I absolutely loathed seeing Mike Mitchell taunting opponents & celebrating big hits in losing games, not to mention when the secondary is giving up 300-400+ yards. Gotta have more class than that. No doubt Gay's celebration was excessive, but given the circumstances it felt good lol. But that isn't to say that cutting out the 2nd part of the dance, and the 3rd part (knee crawl) wouldn't have achieved the same amount of satisfaction. I'm a big believer in letting the pads do the talking. But anything goes in rivalries such as these.

If PIT manages to get into the playoffs and they play CIN again... Good lawd thats going to be a nasty game! lol.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it feels like it is getting out of hand. I absolutely loathed seeing Mike Mitchell taunting opponents & celebrating big hits in losing games, not to mention when the secondary is giving up 300-400+ yards. Gotta have more class than that. No doubt Gay's celebration was excessive, but given the circumstances it felt good lol. But that isn't to say that cutting out the 2nd part of the dance, and the 3rd part (knee crawl) wouldn't have achieved the same amount of satisfaction. I'm a big believer in letting the pads do the talking. But anything goes in rivalries such as these.

If PIT manages to get into the playoffs and they play CIN again... Good lawd thats going to be a nasty game! lol.
I've already stated I dislike celbrations. But let's say for a moment Brady did that? Sure I would stomach it better than watching an opponent do it. If I wasn't laughing too hard because he has zero rythm I would still call him out. I call out Pat players all the time if they do a stupid celebration.
Here's the question what would the Hoop do if Brady did that? Hammer would die from over exhaustion starting 1,000,000 posts we know that. But the rest would blow a gasket shutting down the interweb:heh:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best celebration in Football

Again, act like you've been there before. Taking the high road always makes more of an impact.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already stated I dislike celbrations. But let's say for a moment Brady did that? Sure I would stomach it better than watching an opponent do it. If I wasn't laughing too hard because he has zero rythm I would still call him out. I call out Pat players all the time if they do a stupid celebration.
Here's the question what would the Hoop do if Brady did that? Hammer would die from over exhaustion starting 1,000,000 posts we know that. But the rest would blow a gasket shutting down the interweb:heh:
Truth

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best celebration in Football

Again, act like you've been there before. Taking the high road always makes more of an impact.
He has been there before... 5-times straight to be exact. Set a new NFL record for consecutive pick-6's. :heh:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I get it. Every team does it. The coach part was over the top IMO. I prefer the Fitzgerald method of celebration, but that's just me. It's not like the Cards never do that shit.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't these guys embarrassed when they look back at the video? It's all so fem. I saw a Pats player embarrassing himself last night.
......lol,.....I was waiting for Coach/Joey-Port-ly to lift his shirt/expose his belly....?!