• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stay away from our coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this

Lions DC Teryl Austin will no longer interview for the Broncos' head-coaching vacancy on Friday.

The interview hasn't been rescheduled, yet. It's unclear why Austin will no longer interview for the gig. There's a possibility the Broncos have already settled on a new coach, or Austin has accepted the Falcons' job.

- Roto

Also hearing Kubiak to Denver so hopefully that's the deal here.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't EVEN SAY that Austin has accepted any job other than returning to "The Big D"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no.....

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Lions DC Teryl Austin has withdrawn his name from the Broncos' head-coaching search.

Austin was scheduled to interview with Denver on Friday, but canceled at the last minute. It appears to be Atlanta or a return to Detroit for Austin. He's interviewed twice for the Falcons' head-coaching opening, but Atlanta may be waiting to speak with Seahawks DC Dan Quinn and/or Patriots OC Josh McDaniels before making a decision. The Lions would love for Austin to return.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why that's an "oh-no"? Same info as your last post. It still sounds like Quinn is the favorite in ATL, so perhaps Austin just wasn't interested in going through the motions in Denver if Kubiak is their guy?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm hoping too TP but the idea that maybe he's taking the ATL job is spooking me. Weird to cancel an interview even if he thinks Kubiak is favored. Unless something weird went on behind the scenes and he didn't just want to be Elways Rooney rule.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely looking better for us

He's interviewed twice for the Falcons' head-coaching opening, but Atlanta may be waiting to speak with Seahawks DC Dan Quinn and/or Patriots OC Josh McDaniels before making a decision. The Lions would love for Austin to return

He has left twice without a deal which is good. If he was their guy they would have pulled the trigger. Clearly they are waiting to talk to others. Bringing Gase would be irrelevant if McDaniels is in the mix and the very idea that they didn't already hire him and want to speak with another DC should be a pretty telling sign.

You never want anyone to interview after you IMO. The Falcons will want to get the hire made quickly and both those guys could easily end up in the SB, pushing back their interviews another two weeks. Everything they might have liked that Austin said will be faded by then and the much newer positive impressions the new guys make will carry more weight.

Hopefully one more year of defensive success followed by a departure from Caldwell for "health" related issues where he will move to a less demanding front office position and Austin steps in.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the FREEP

One holdup in Austin's candidacy with the Falcons appeared to be his choice of coordinators, but reports surfaced Thursday that Atlanta is interested in teaming Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase, another former Lions assistant, with Austin.

Gase, a Michigan native, also is a candidate for the Broncos' opening, and after interviewing for the head coaching job in Atlanta, it's unclear whether he'd go there as a coordinator.

Austin was planning to bring Baltimore Ravens linebackers coach Ted Monachino with him as defensive coordinator.

Report: Teryl Austin's interview with Broncos on hold, but why?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I be happy that Austin has withdrew himself from consideration for the Denver job? Or should I be skurd? Maybe he's had a convo with Old Artie today....

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if a deal were done already (ol artie and Austin) we'd have read about it by now. I just don't get the fascination with Adam Gase. No matter what plays he calls, Peyton check off at the line so often, where's the proof Gase's play calling is truly an influence.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marrone has now also cancelled his interview w Denver and all signs point to them hiring Kubiak from Baltimore.

That was stressful. We love you Austin glad you're ours another year!!!

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the hold up in Denver on announcing a deal with Kubiak? Did I just miss that or is that job still technically open? They certainly aren't waiting on interviewing Josh McDaniels so is Quinn in the running there? If so does that still have Austin at risk in Atlanta?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3