• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Thunder

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Shaqdaddy was suggesting Randle for PG straight up. At least, I assume that it goes without saying that there would have to be other assets, if for no other reason than to make the money work. But Randle would be main part of the trade.

Also, if TT is just a salary to make the money work, then that would run counter to you claiming that she is way overvaluing Randle. TT being overpaid doesn't make him a better player than Randle, especially in the long run.

I'm not sure what the rule would be regarding this, but I could see the Lakers possibly trading Randle, plus KCP or Lopez (more likely KCP) to make the money work, if that's allowed with players they just picked up on 1 year deals. They could possibly throw in a future 1st rounder as well (although, if things go according to plan, that pick will be worth even less than this years Brooklyn pick is likely to be).

For the record, I am not saying TT + the pick would get it done, I am simply saying that is an offer the Thunder would surely get that is worth more than Randle and fillers.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 76ers could put together a very attractive offer to the Thunder for PG, without really giving up any of their young talent. They could do Amir Johnson(11M expiring), Furkan Korkmaz (First round pick 2016), either the Lakers 2018 pick or the Kings 2019 pick, and throw in a 2018 Brooklyn 2nd round pick.

Hard to see the Thunder getting much more value than that. A first round pick a year ago, an upcoming high lottery pick, an upcoming high second round pick and 11M in expiring deal would be hard to pass up.

76ers could have a lineup of:

Simmons
PG
Covington
Saric
Embiid

Bench:
Fultz
Redick
Booker
Holmes
McConnell
Bayless

That would be a team no one would want to see in the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT isn't a valuable trade asset because of his contract, but his contract isn't terrible anymore either. He isn't a piece teams would balk at taking on to acquire a lottery pick.

Randle is an RFA this summer, so he is about to get paid and that is one reason why his value is minimal.

Also, who are the Lakers adding to make salaries work? Deng has as much negative value (maybe more) as Randle has positive. If she is including Clarkson and other assets in her package then she needs to state that.

All she keeps saying is Randle for George. and that isn't even a conversation starter.

Of course there would be other pieces. At no point did I say it was a straight up deal. Everyone knows the salaries have to match. But until that scenario comes in to place, it's hardly worth discussing.

For some reason you're getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. Are you having a bad day or something?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there would be other pieces. At no point did I say it was a straight up deal. Everyone knows the salaries have to match. But until that scenario comes in to place, it's hardly worth discussing.

For some reason you're getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. Are you having a bad day or something?

Nobodies panties are in a bunch.

You keep asking about Randle for George. The answer always will be a hard no.

If you are including other assets, please enlighten us as to what those might be. Unless you are giving up a core piece that the Lakers would rather keep (Kuzma or Ingram), the Thunder will definitely have more favorable offers.

If you don't believe me, go back and look at the history of trade deadline deals for star players on the final year of their contract.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not via trade unless it's toward the end of the season and he indicates there's no way he'd re-sign.

In which case a PG - Julius Randle trade could work out for both parties.

This was your original post on the matter.

Can you see why one would assume this was meant as a straight up trade? This looks like 1 player on either side to me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was your original post on the matter.

Can you see why one would assume this was meant as a straight up trade? This looks like 1 player on either side to me.

No, why would you assume it was a straight up trade if the salaries don't match? Of course there are going to be other pieces involved

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobodies panties are in a bunch.

You keep asking about Randle for George. The answer always will be a hard no.

If you are including other assets, please enlighten us as to what those might be. Unless you are giving up a core piece that the Lakers would rather keep (Kuzma or Ingram), the Thunder will definitely have more favorable offers.

If you don't believe me, go back and look at the history of trade deadline deals for star players on the final year of their contract.

It's a no from YOU.

Would you have traded Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, plus fillers? It happened. A Randle - PG trade looks far better now doesn't it?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree

The Brooklyn pick may not be worth all that much if they get to 30-35 wins like most of us seem to think they will.

I don't think TT is that much, if any, better than Randle. Randles biggest problem is his size for the position he plays. He plays with more energy than TT does, he's faster, a better athlete and handles the ball better. Plus, he's younger and has more upside.

He needs to work on playing under control more and needs to continue expanding his range. He's never going to be a star and will be lucky to be an all star once or twice in his career. But I think that if he keeps working, he'll be better than TT.

Having said that, right now, TT would probably be better for OKC because even if they lose PG, they are still a playoff contender and TT has championship experience that Randle doesn't. Plus, he doesn't care if he gets the ball which makes him perfect for playing alongside Westbrook and Melo.

It will most likely be a top 7, that alone is more attractive than Randle add in TT and it is easily a better deal.

Plays with more energy than TT? Lol I haven't seen many that out-hustle TT add in the fact Randle doesn't really have a position like you said bc he is undersized. I gotta say, Randle has been a lot better than I projected him to be but when you are offering a top projected 7-9 pick and a great defender/perimeter defender/rebounder it would be a better deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I am not saying TT + the pick would get it done, I am simply saying that is an offer the Thunder would surely get that is worth more than Randle and fillers.

The Cavs would have to give Love if they want PG and they wouldn't do it and I wouldn't want them to lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers would have to wait till FA, they don't have the pieces to get PG unless they gave up Clarkson or something. Or they could just get rid of Ball :laugh3:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a no from YOU.

Would you have traded Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, plus fillers? It happened. A Randle - PG trade looks far better now doesn't it?

The "fillers" in that trade were 2 first round picks and the draft right to Marc Gasol, along with a couple other salaries.

So, yeah, I would say the Grizzlies did pretty well there. And no, that isn't better than Randle for PG.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once KD left, so did the Thunder's chances of continuing to be good. Getting an aging Melo wasn't gonna help either. Westbrook can't do it all by himself. Need to get some actually decent young talent in there to help out and complement Westbrook.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "fillers" in that trade were 2 first round picks and the draft right to Marc Gasol, along with a couple other salaries.

So, yeah, I would say the Grizzlies did pretty well there. And no, that isn't better than Randle for PG.

Nobody knew Marc was going to be a star. At the time it was the most lopsided trade in history.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knew Marc was going to be a star. At the time it was the most lopsided trade in history.

But they were still assets. The Lakers, IMO, don't have enough assets to get it done. The Lakers don't have any draft picks to entice the Thunder. The Thunder also don't have any really bad contracts to unload(other than Melo), which makes Brook Lopez's expiring not as attractive either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, the point is that the Grizzlies stacked multiple future assets on top of one another. Also, I get the feelings they were a lot higher on Marc Gasol than the general public was. Turns out they were right.

Regardless of whether the trade looked lopsided, it turned out really well for both teams.

And you still haven't said what pieces you are adding to Randle to make a package worth the Thunder's while.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Barkley sure believed it...

said at the time we got Pau for a happy meal...:lol:

Charles Barkley believes a lot of things that aren't true when it comes to basketball. So there's that...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Barkley sure believed it...

said at the time we got Pau for a happy meal...:lol:

Well, Charles does like Happy Meals so maybe not so lopsided to him

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, the point is that the Grizzlies stacked multiple future assets on top of one another. Also, I get the feelings they were a lot higher on Marc Gasol than the general public was. Turns out they were right.

Regardless of whether the trade looked lopsided, it turned out really well for both teams.

And you still haven't said what pieces you are adding to Randle to make a package worth the Thunder's while.

Add KCP. Probably the best offer they'd get.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add KCP. Probably the best offer they'd get.

LOL.

So that is Randle straight up, because KCP's value is an expiring contract.

Not even in the ballpark. Thanks for proving me right.