• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Thunder

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be great with me but I don’t see it happening, Donovan was an old friend and Presti’s guy.

I think if they lose 2 of 3 on this road trip then he should be gone at least.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ' game doesn't fit with what the Warriors do. He's a below average 3-point shooter and is a volume shooter, unlike KD who easily transitioned to their system. This is the fan in you talking again - or well, since KD's always been a threat to Lebron's, King mantle - anti-fan.

Remember when they said wade and lebron's game doesn't fit. The whole fit thing is a nice spin and is usually wrong. Lebron wouldn't fit with Irving....Irving wouldn't fit well as the leader without lebron...

Westbrook is the reigning mvp, not some scrub...The entire fit thing is a nice spin, imo any top 10 star in the entire league would have fit and even if not a perfect fit would still make them significantly better and easily enough to win a championship...Teams that win championships without you don't need another superstar to "fit". Can you point to any championship team that got worse by adding a top talent and an mvp in his prime? Did OKC get better or worse losing Harden.

That wasn't the point tho, the point was Durant didn't go to Portland and win with a team similar to OKC, if he did i would say wow Westbrook really was the problem....

Last edited:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am saying it is just as wrong to assume that as it was to year to say GS would be worse with KD, whether you believed it or not. Russ would turn their chemistry on its ear and would literally be the worst possible fit for their system. I don't think you could find a worse fit in the entire league. What exactly would he bring to the table for GS that they actually need?

And yet you assumed Irving was a scrub who couldn't win without lebron. Nobody knows how anybody will fit until they actually play together...

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I know you like GS but they don't have some secret formula. They just have 4 superstars well most teams have 3 or 2. I hope the cavs pick up another superstar with that brooklyn pick. 4 vs 4 would make a very great finals matchup.

You can have Paul George.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when they said wade and lebron's game doesn't fit. The whole fit thing is a nice spin and is usually wrong. Lebron wouldn't fit with Irving....Irving wouldn't fit well as the leader without lebron...

Westbrook is the reigning mvp, not some scrub...The entire fit thing is a nice spin, imo any top 10 star in the entire league would have fit and even if not a perfect fit would still make them significantly better and easily enough to win a championship...Teams that win championships without you don't need another superstar to "fit". Can you point to any championship team that got worse by adding a top talent and an mvp in his prime? Did OKC get better or worse losing Harden.

That wasn't the point tho, the point was Durant didn't go to Portland and win with a team similar to OKC, if he did i would say wow Westbrook really was the problem....

You're really trying to out-idiot every single troll that's graced us with their presence on this forum. It's truly remarkable and you're doing one outstanding job.

Let's recap:

1) Harden and Durant, since leaving Westbrook, have both excelled their games and are more efficient.
2) Everyone that has one functioning brain cell has known Westbrook to be a volume scorer. Especially last season
3) Oladipo, to everyone's surprise, is actually a really good player. Common theme - he's not playing alongside Westbrook.
4) Carmelo and Paul George go to OKC, and now their games have regressed.

The common denominator in all of this - Westbrook. No one ever said he wasn't talented, that's a cold hard take and I'm not going to stand in the paint on that one. But he's shit to play alongside with when you want to have an efficient game while also achieving anything of relevance to team success.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you assumed Irving was a scrub who couldn't win without lebron. Nobody knows how anybody will fit until they actually play together...

I never once said he was a scrub. I said he was overrated because of the way he played. He has gotten a lot better defensively.

Also, Wade and LeBron didn't fit well at all. They won anyway because they had astronomical talent.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey @Shaqdaddy11

Check this shit out. We may have spoken too soon on dumbest post of the year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was thinking about it. If you could put a perfect roster around Westbrook right now that would allow him to thrive and also win a championship who would you pick? Could be any starting 5 of active players right now. I have to think about mine. Go...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was thinking about it. If you could put a perfect roster around Westbrook right now that would allow him to thrive and also win a championship who would you pick? Could be any starting 5 of active players right now. I have to think about mine. Go...

He needs guys that are slightly above average. Guys that aren't used to being a #2 or even a #3 guy but will still give you good number and 110% effort every night.

Half the guys on the Lakers roster would be a good fit. Guys like Kuzma, Randle, Clarkson. On the clippers you'd have Lou Williams.

Basically pair RW with a 6th man of the year candidate.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player I can really think that would immediately fit next to Westbrook would be Klay Thompson. He'd be ideal for Russ in that he plays off the ball and he defends at a high level, both guard positions.

After that I feel like he would have meshing issues with lots of players.