• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Thunder

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Westbrook or George were injured...

And teams deal with injuries all the time. They legit have 1 player hurt. Miami has had 3 guys on the injury report since the 2nd game of the year. Heck Boston out here winning games with no Irving , Hayward, Smart, or Morris

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And teams deal with injuries all the time. They legit have 1 player hurt. Miami has had 3 guys on the injury report since the 2nd game of the year. Heck Boston out here winning games with no Irving , Hayward, Smart, or Morris

Heck, the Lakers have been without Lonzo for a while now. I think he has a bigger impact on the game than Roberson.

Injuries should never be an excuse unless your entire team was built around one player.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, the Lakers have been without Lonzo for a while now. I think he has a bigger impact on the game than Roberson.

Injuries should never be an excuse unless your entire team was built around one player.

It's not an excuse. It's a factor.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely. When your team has three All-Stars, a guy who averages 5ppg shouldn't matter too much

Melo hasn't been an allstar in years. And defense (Roberson) matters. But yeah they shouldn't keep losing like this.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ball a bigger impact than a guy that has a case for being the best wing defender in the league now? I think not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this kind of comment. It's not an excuse, it's a factor. Injuries matter.

They do, but it's not like they lost Russ, PG or Melo. Like bks said, they should be able to beat the Pelicans without Boogie and the Lakers (who were without Lonzo) at home.

That loss to the Lakers was actually worse than it looks too. If the Lakers knew how to close games rather than struggle and damn near give the game away in the final minute, OKC loses that game by double digits.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball a bigger impact than a guy that has a case for being the best wing defender in the league now? I think not.

It's about their roles on their respective teams.

Lonzo has a much bigger impact on the Lakers than Roberson does on OKC. That's not saying that Roberson isn't good or that OKC shouldn't miss him when he's out.

However, Lonzo is the Lakers point guard and runs their offense. To their credit, they look to have learned to adjust when he's out (they were 0-8 without him at one point this season). But he's one of the Lakers leaders and most of what they do is set up by him.

With veteran players like Adams and Melo, the reigning MVP in Westbrook and another all-star player in PG...the Thunder should have a much easier time overcoming the loss of Roberson than the Lakers do overcoming the loss of Lonzo.