• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Thunder

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player I can really think that would immediately fit next to Westbrook would be Klay Thompson. He'd be ideal for Russ in that he plays off the ball and he defends at a high level, both guard positions.

After that I feel like he would have meshing issues with lots of players.

Klay Thompson fits with anybody.

I would load up on 3 and D guys who are secondary scorers and are good without the ball. Klay, Middleton and Ariza come to mind right away. Covington would be good too.

I think you need a skilled big like Horford, and a defense first banger like Adams also. Sometimes you go big with both, sometimes you go super small depending on matchups.

I do not think this would be an easy exercise though. Russ is tough to play with.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 18 at home to Charlotte.

He can't survive this week

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Paul George rental is starting to look like a disaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Paul George rental is starting to look like a disaster

Still think a trade for Randle would be a bad idea?

Not purposely trying to be a dick here, just genuinely wondering if you think it would work!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think a trade for Randle would be a bad idea?

Not purposely trying to be a dick here, just genuinely wondering if you think it would work!

Yes I do because I think there are other teams that would offer more than Randle for a 3 month rental if they think they can win a title by adding George.

I think if teams knew Paul George was available for sale, you would see some top teams making offers better than Randle and whoever else the Lakers would offer

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you assumed Irving was a scrub who couldn't win without lebron. Nobody knows how anybody will fit until they actually play together...

You're a fucking idiot. That's the nicest, most polite way I could say it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do because I think there are other teams that would offer more than Randle for a 3 month rental if they think they can win a title by adding George.

I think if teams knew Paul George was available for sale, you would see some top teams making offers better than Randle and whoever else the Lakers would offer

I agree PG in any normal situation has a humongous trade value. But that value drops tremendously as a three month rental.

Don't think title contenders would give up anything more than what Randle is worth to get him though.

Most likely scenario is he stays in OKC for the season and bolts in the summer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree PG in any normal situation has a humongous trade value. But that value drops tremendously as a three month rental.

Don't think title contenders would give up anything more than what Randle is worth to get him though.

Not that much. Doesn't work from a financial standpoint or a practical one. His trade value is way higher than you want it to be, even for 3 months.

Cavs would definitely give TT + the Brooklyn pick. That is worth more than Randle.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was thinking about it. If you could put a perfect roster around Westbrook right now that would allow him to thrive and also win a championship who would you pick? Could be any starting 5 of active players right now. I have to think about mine. Go...

Players who don't care if they get to shoot the ball...ever.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the issue is that you are tremendously overvaluing Randle.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that much. Doesn't work from a financial standpoint or a practical one. His trade value is way higher than you want it to be, even for 3 months.

Cavs would definitely give TT + the Brooklyn pick. That is worth more than Randle.

I disagree

The Brooklyn pick may not be worth all that much if they get to 30-35 wins like most of us seem to think they will.

I don't think TT is that much, if any, better than Randle. Randles biggest problem is his size for the position he plays. He plays with more energy than TT does, he's faster, a better athlete and handles the ball better. Plus, he's younger and has more upside.

He needs to work on playing under control more and needs to continue expanding his range. He's never going to be a star and will be lucky to be an all star once or twice in his career. But I think that if he keeps working, he'll be better than TT.

Having said that, right now, TT would probably be better for OKC because even if they lose PG, they are still a playoff contender and TT has championship experience that Randle doesn't. Plus, he doesn't care if he gets the ball which makes him perfect for playing alongside Westbrook and Melo.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree

The Brooklyn pick may not be worth all that much if they get to 30-35 wins like most of us seem to think they will.

I don't think TT is that much, if any, better than Randle. Randles biggest problem is his size for the position he plays. He plays with more energy than TT does, he's faster, a better athlete and handles the ball better. Plus, he's younger and has more upside.

He needs to work on playing under control more and needs to continue expanding his range. He's never going to be a star and will be lucky to be an all star once or twice in his career. But I think that if he keeps working, he'll be better than TT.

Having said that, right now, TT would probably be better for OKC because even if they lose PG, they are still a playoff contender and TT has championship experience that Randle doesn't. Plus, he doesn't care if he gets the ball which makes him perfect for playing alongside Westbrook and Melo.

I agree the value of the Brooklyn pick has gone down, but it is still worth more than Randle. TT is just a salary to make the $ work, which @Shaqdaddy11 continues to neglect in her pipe dream trade idea.

The Lakers would have to give a lot more than Randle.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan has to go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan has to go.

If he makes it through this week, the OKC front office is a joke.

I'm also expecting them to lose 2 of their next 3 which will be a 1-3 week and leave them at 13-16.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the value of the Brooklyn pick has gone down, but it is still worth more than Randle. TT is just a salary to make the $ work, which @Shaqdaddy11 continues to neglect in her pipe dream trade idea.

The Lakers would have to give a lot more than Randle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Shaqdaddy was suggesting Randle for PG straight up. At least, I assume that it goes without saying that there would have to be other assets, if for no other reason than to make the money work. But Randle would be main part of the trade.

Also, if TT is just a salary to make the money work, then that would run counter to you claiming that she is way overvaluing Randle. TT being overpaid doesn't make him a better player than Randle, especially in the long run.

I'm not sure what the rule would be regarding this, but I could see the Lakers possibly trading Randle, plus KCP or Lopez (more likely KCP) to make the money work, if that's allowed with players they just picked up on 1 year deals. They could possibly throw in a future 1st rounder as well (although, if things go according to plan, that pick will be worth even less than this years Brooklyn pick is likely to be).

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan has to go.

When the Thunder put this thing together there had to have been a Plan B. It was a huge risk and everyone knew it was. Maybe it was fire Billy. But I doubt it. I'm not pretending to know what they were thinking but I'm sure everyone in the organizations knew what is was headed into the season.
It's my guess that we're getting close to time to execute Plan B. It's also my guess that Presti had the basics of a possible deal or two in place with a date they would need to be finalized.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Shaqdaddy was suggesting Randle for PG straight up. At least, I assume that it goes without saying that there would have to be other assets, if for no other reason than to make the money work. But Randle would be main part of the trade.

Also, if TT is just a salary to make the money work, then that would run counter to you claiming that she is way overvaluing Randle. TT being overpaid doesn't make him a better player than Randle, especially in the long run.

I'm not sure what the rule would be regarding this, but I could see the Lakers possibly trading Randle, plus KCP or Lopez (more likely KCP) to make the money work, if that's allowed with players they just picked up on 1 year deals. They could possibly throw in a future 1st rounder as well (although, if things go according to plan, that pick will be worth even less than this years Brooklyn pick is likely to be).

TT isn't a valuable trade asset because of his contract, but his contract isn't terrible anymore either. He isn't a piece teams would balk at taking on to acquire a lottery pick.

Randle is an RFA this summer, so he is about to get paid and that is one reason why his value is minimal.

Also, who are the Lakers adding to make salaries work? Deng has as much negative value (maybe more) as Randle has positive. If she is including Clarkson and other assets in her package then she needs to state that.

All she keeps saying is Randle for George. and that isn't even a conversation starter.