• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Thunder

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win the next 2 rings (they will get harder and harder but it's doable) before Klay maybe leaves, that's a dynasty.

Injuries will play a large role as well.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always do. They did for the first 2 Cavs Warriors matchups.

And people just pretend they never happened lol. Lebron gets flack for his losing record in the finals, yet they fail to mention he was leading a team with delly and smith in the finals as his best players and one series with eric snow and zudrunis illgaskis lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This selfish, not selfish alpha not alpha, fit doesn't fit is all retarded. Any time you put "another" superstar on a core that won a championship they will be better. It's a numbers game.

Seriously?!?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep giving westbrook a bad rep (the reigning NBA MVP) but you could switch durant back to OKC and westbrook to GS they would still be the better team.

Melo is garbage, and Paul George is okay...Who is better paul george and melo or Curry, Green, thompson...So Durant is playing with better teammates and overall players with championship experience

This selfish, not selfish alpha not alpha, fit doesn't fit is all retarded. Any time you put "another" superstar on a core that won a championship they will be better. It's a numbers game. If Durant joined the cavs and we had 4 superstars vs 3 on GS it would be the same story. It doesn't prove anything for durant in my perspective. That is why he gets no respect...It won't change until he proves himself.

LOL.

You legitimately thought KD would make the warriors worse. You said it multiple times.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you know? He never had 3 superstars that won a championship without him...thats a far cry from an old washed up melo and paul george who have done what exactly?

There has been no other team in no other era where 2 prime superstars (top 4 overall players) teamed for as long as Russ and KD and failed to win a title.

OKC should have won at least one and we know that KD can fit in just about any system and excel. Who are we left to blame?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

You legitimately thought KD would make the warriors worse. You said it multiple times.

The problem is GS is worse than last year and i said this from the beggining....They didn't need KD, they needed a big rebounder and defender like a gasol or Howard to give more shots to curry, thompson and green....And keep the team that fit perfectly together

Durant is just taking shots that Curry, Thompson and Green would be taking at the same %....they gained nothing on offense and lost out on rebounding, bench and defense

There you go! :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go! :D

boom-shakalaka--meme-1106125,080920131945.gif

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

That was just the fan in me...I didn't actually believe that...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been no other team in no other era where 2 prime superstars (top 4 overall players) teamed for as long as Russ and KD and failed to win a title.

OKC should have won at least one and we know that KD can fit in just about any system and excel. Who are we left to blame?

They both deserve blame. Russ doesn't have the same team, so for all we know russ could have joined the same team and won. We will never know but i sure as hell don't blame russ. If KD had joined some other team that couldn't win without him and lost what would the narrative be then? They both can't win? He made it easy, because odds are GS may have won without him. He didn't prove anything imo. Neither have proved anything to me other than Russ can carry a team of scrubs, and durant can win on a team that can win without him.

Outside of this site, there is a reason everyone clowns Durant, doesn't respect him even after winning and calls him a pussy and he has to try and defend himself on twitter...It's not just me...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both deserve blame. Russ doesn't have the same team, so for all we know russ could have joined the same team and won. We will never know but i sure as hell don't blame russ. If KD had joined some other team that couldn't win without him and lost what would the narrative be then? They both can't win? He made it easy, because odds are GS may have won without him. He didn't prove anything imo. Neither have proved anything to me other than Russ can carry a team of scrubs, and durant can win on a team that can win without him.

Outside of this site, there is a reason everyone clowns Durant and calls him a pussy and he has to try and defend himself on twitter...It's not just me...

Well, a couple flaws here.

First, we have seen Russ play with other good/great players and struggle to win big games. He have also seen KD fit seemlessly with the Warriors. Assuming Russ would do the same is a pretty big reach IMO. He isn't as good as KD and he is very difficult to play with, as time has shown.

Second, as I repeatedly said last year, OKC was not a team of scrubs. Russ just made them look that way. Now away from OKC, guys like Oladipo, Kanter and Sabonis are all positively impacting their current teams in ways they weren't allowed to last season.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a couple flaws here.

First, we have seen Russ play with other good/great players and struggle to win big games. He have also seen KD fit seemlessly with the Warriors. Assuming Russ would do the same is a pretty big reach IMO. He isn't as good as KD and he is very difficult to play with, as time has shown.

Second, as I repeatedly said last year, OKC was not a team of scrubs. Russ just made them look that way. Now away from OKC, guys like Oladipo, Kanter and Sabonis are all positively impacting their current teams in ways they weren't allowed to last season.

Here is what i would assume fit or no fit. If KD was still in OKC, and Westbrook was in GS....Westbrook would be a champion and Durant wouldn't.

It's easy to blame Russ, which is fine i guess if you want to but i am not giving Durant credit. He knew going in he was joining the best team in the nba. Now if Durant joined an equal team to OKC and won it would be a different story. It would be like Lebron joining the spurs and then blaming Irving for not taking the cavs to a championship...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what i would assume fit or no fit. If KD was still in OKC, and Westbrook was in GS....Westbrook would be a champion and Durant wouldn't.

It's easy to blame Russ, which is fine i guess if you want to but i am not giving Durant credit. He knew going in he was joining the best team in the nba. Now if Durant joined an equal team to OKC and won it would be a different story. It would be like Lebron joining the spurs and then blaming Irving for not taking the cavs to a championship...

And I am saying it is just as wrong to assume that as it was to year to say GS would be worse with KD, whether you believed it or not. Russ would turn their chemistry on its ear and would literally be the worst possible fit for their system. I don't think you could find a worse fit in the entire league. What exactly would he bring to the table for GS that they actually need?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russ' game doesn't fit with what the Warriors do. He's a below average 3-point shooter and is a volume shooter, unlike KD who easily transitioned to their system. This is the fan in you talking again - or well, since KD's always been a threat to Lebron's, King mantle - anti-fan.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ' game doesn't fit with what the Warriors do. He's a below average 3-point shooter and is a volume shooter, unlike KD who easily transitioned to their system. This is the fan in you talking again - or well, since KD's always been a threat to Lebron's, King mantle - anti-fan.

I didn't say it...:heh:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder pulled out a tight one without George. They needed one like that.