• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Thunder

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're severely underestimating the value of Randle and KCP

OK.

Read Sushi's post.

Long term value is key, and OKC gets none from your proposal. Put Kuzma in the mix and you might have something. Randle + KCP aren't worth much in trade because of the fact that neither is on a long term friendly contract.

One of us is clearly wrong here, and it isn't me.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of teams are going to give up a lot for a 5 month rental though

What's a better offer in your opinion:

1) KCP and Randle

or

2) 2018 Lakers 1st round pick(projected 8th spot) or Kings 2019 1st round pick (possible top 5 pick), 2018 Brooklyn pick (40th overall), Furkan Korkmaz (2016 1st Round draft pick. 20 year old 6'8" highly regarded euro player) and Amir Johnson's 11M expiring deal? Oh and the Thunder would then save Millions of dollars on the luxury tax.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.

Read Sushi's post.

Long term value is key, and OKC gets none from your proposal. Put Kuzma in the mix and you might have something. Randle + KCP aren't worth much in trade because of the fact that neither is on a long term friendly contract.

One of us is clearly wrong here, and it isn't me.

Kuzma would make it very interesting.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why even throw out a trade proposal that has zero chance of interesting the other team?

Is your name Sam Presti?

Or are we only allowed to discuss topics, hypothetical as they may be, if they meet your approval?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a better offer in your opinion:

1) KCP and Randle

or

2) 2018 Lakers 1st round pick(projected 8th spot) or Kings 2019 1st round pick (possible top 5 pick), 2018 Brooklyn pick (40th overall), Furkan Korkmaz (2016 1st Round draft pick. 20 year old 6'8" highly regarded euro player) and Amir Johnson's 11M expiring deal? Oh and the Thunder would then save Millions of dollars on the luxury tax.

Which team do you think owns the Lakers 2018 first round pick?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your name Sam Presti?

Or are we only allowed to discuss topics, hypothetical as they may be, if they meet your approval?

You're more than welcome. It's actually the purpose of these boards. But if you come with something that's not realistic, don't be surprised when people disagree.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team do you think owns the Lakers 2018 first round pick?

He clearly knows the answer. Do you?

The 6ers have either the Lakers pick or Kings' pick depending on where the LA pick lands. They would trade the pick they ended up with in sushi's scenario.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 6ers have either the Lakers pick or Kings' pick depending on where the LA pick lands. They would trade the pick they ended up with in sushi's scenario.

They actually have both picks outright. The Lakers pick is now unprotected this year after having protections in previous years. The Kings pick they do own, but I just looked it up and it has protections on it. Top 10 protected 2018 and unprotected in 2019. Still with the way the Kings look 2019 would still be a lottery pick.

Edit: I was wrong. Boston has the option of picking the more favorable of the Lakers or Kings pick.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes it through this week, the OKC front office is a joke.

I'm also expecting them to lose 2 of their next 3 which will be a 1-3 week and leave them at 13-16.

The Wake Forest Rivals.com writer said he's heard some solid rumors that this is going to be Roy's last year at UNC. Would be the perfect time for Donovan to jump back into the college game with one of CBB's most prestigious jobs potentially opening up. Assuming that UNC is interested, of course. UNC has this weird thing about keeping it in the "family".

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you have a clear answer?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually have both picks outright. The Lakers pick is now unprotected this year after having protections in previous years. The Kings pick they do own, but I just looked it up and it has protections on it. Top 10 protected 2018 and unprotected in 2019. Still with the way the Kings look 2019 would still be a lottery pick.

Boston could own the 2018 Lakers pick

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're more than welcome. It's actually the purpose of these boards. But if you come with something that's not realistic, don't be surprised when people disagree.

@tlance likes to argue with me just for the hell of it. I quite enjoy it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston could own the 2018 Lakers pick

Which is why I posted the Kings pick as well. The 76ers could potentially send either of the remaining picks, whichever is left over to the Thunder. They also have their own picks as well as a myriad of 2nd round picks at their disposal to trade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your name Sam Presti?

No,

But your proposal is somewhere on the spectrum of:

Homerific - unrealistic - ignorant

You are getting called on it. You brought this idea back up yourself after it was instantly shot down a month ago. It isn't any better now, no matter how bad the Thunder do. Like I said then, your package does not consider what the Thunder would want. other teams would definitely offer a more attractive package to OKC.

The fact that Randle and KCP are in your favorite team does not inflate their values by 200%

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance likes to argue with me just for the hell of it. I quite enjoy it.

I have no interest in arguing with you specifically.

I do enjoy exposing poor posts though. You tend to come through with some real gems from time to time, and then you double and triple down.

But don't flatter yourself to think it has anything to do with you. I consistently respond the same way to people who post ignorant stuff, no matter who you are.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no interest in arguing with you specifically.

I do enjoy exposing poor posts though. You tend to come through with some real gems from time to time, and then you double and triple down.

But don't flatter yourself to think it has anything to do with you. I consistently respond the same way to people who post ignorant stuff, no matter who you are.

You like to dismiss posts without coming up with a good counter argument. If you don't like what's being said, it's completely wrong in your eyes. This has been pointed out before by other people too.

You're getting your panties in a bunch over a hypothetical situation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like to dismiss posts without coming up with a good counter argument. If you don't like what's being said, it's completely wrong in your eyes. This has been pointed out before by other people too.

You're getting your panties in a bunch over a hypothetical situation.

Not true at all. I always provide facts in my counter arguments. Always. You are the one that provides zero facts. You just twist people's words repeat yourself over and over.

Not sure what you want here, but the burden of proof is on you. There isn't a single trade in the modern history of the league anything like your hypothetical.

You are overvaluing Randle because:

1) he is an RFA due to get paid this summer
2) his value is limited because he doesn't defend well or stretch the defense. It is hard to be impactful as a big man in today's league without either skill.
3) his position is dying as more and more teams go with stretch 4s or big wings playing 4.

You tried to say the Kwame/Gasol trade was comparable to your hypothetical, but it wasn't. The Lakers stacked multiple future assets in that trade while similtaneously allowing the Grizz to Get worse and get high picks.

The Thunder obviously won't be looking to tank because they have Russ locked long term, but they would either require a collection of quality players (like what the Lakers tried to deal for CP3 years ago) or valuable draft picks/young players under long term deals.

Interestingly, the Thunder are in a much different spot than the Hornets were all those years ago, so a collection of players might appeal, but they would have to give the Thunder a chance to be better next season. Randle and KCP don't offer any certainty there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all. I always provide facts in my counter arguments. Always. You are the one that provides zero facts. You just twist people's words repeat yourself over and over.

How can you provide facts in a hypothetical situation?